OT: Philadelphia Eagles: This is the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
McCarthy wasted a big chunk of the career of the best QB the game has seen. I have a good feeling about this.
He got hired because he agreed to be Jerruh’s poodle. In GB, Rodgers basically told the FO that it was either McCarthy or him; one had to go. The Packers made the right decision. If Jones thinks that McCarthy can turn Dak into a better QB, he’s dumber than I thought.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
The following is a spoof post inspired by the posters of the official Eagles Message Board. It is not meant to be taken in any serious manner. It's for FUN.

Offseason plan version 1.0

Fire Howie Roseman. It's time for Howie to go. Sure he's a brilliant capologist but it's clear he can't draft. Our drafts the past couple of years have been abysmal.
Replacement Morocco Brown. Helped Chris Ballard retool that Indy roster.

Time to take Doug away from play calling. Maybe fire Mike Groh too. Offense has been exceedingly average. Makes me wonder how much of the play calling during the Super Bowl Season was all Frank Reich.
Replacement: Hire @Hollywood Couturier 's favorite lad, Chip Kelly. We need Chip for our new QBs, more on that below.

Trade Carson Wentz to Miami for the 5th overall, 18th overall and Houston's 1st rounder.
Reasoning: Miami is a stupid franchise. Clearly we can fleece them again. Carson has been paid big money and we could use some cap flexibility to upgrade other parts of the roster.

At the draft
5th overall - Tua Tagovailoa. Franchise QB if he can recover from his injuries. Chip will do wonders with him.

18th overall - Henry Ruggs III. Reunited Tua with one of his targets from Alabama. We need speed on the outside and this lad can fly.

21st overall - Jalen Reagor/Tee Higgins. Depends if we need speed out of the slot or another big target.

Houston's 1st round selection: BPA. Go secondary if there's a CB/S available or maybe an EDGE rusher slides.

Rest of draft BPA.

Alternative draft: Use one of the 1st rounders (18th, 21st or Houston's 1st round pick) and our 2nd round pick to trade back up into the top 15 selections to guarantee Ceedee Lamb. He's just a playmaker at WR. Has good size and quickness.

Offseason. Since Tua probably won't be ready for the offseason, sign Marcus Mariota. Clearly wasn't given a fair shot with the Titans. Changed OCs every year. Reunite him with his college coach Chip and he'll be back in form.

Okay that was tedious. How the heck do people type up these kinds of things all the time?

giphy.webp

tenor.gif

tumblr_mt6wop52vZ1qkljywo1_500.gif

efcb7bd5dfb65f86329def05fd139f30.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The following is a spoof post inspired by the posters of the official Eagles Message Board. It is not meant to be taken in any serious manner. It's for FUN.

Offseason plan version 1.0

Fire Howie Roseman. It's time for Howie to go. Sure he's a brilliant capologist but it's clear he can't draft. Our drafts the past couple of years have been abysmal.
Replacement Morocco Brown. Helped Chris Ballard retool that Indy roster.

Time to take Doug away from play calling. Maybe fire Mike Groh too. Offense has been exceedingly average. Makes me wonder how much of the play calling during the Super Bowl Season was all Frank Reich.
Replacement: Hire @Hollywood Couturier 's favorite lad, Chip Kelly. We need Chip for our new QBs, more on that below.

Trade Carson Wentz to Miami for the 5th overall, 18th overall and Houston's 1st rounder.
Reasoning: Miami is a stupid franchise. Clearly we can fleece them again. Carson has been paid big money and we could use some cap flexibility to upgrade other parts of the roster.

At the draft
5th overall - Tua Tagovailoa. Franchise QB if he can recover from his injuries. Chip will do wonders with him.

18th overall - Henry Ruggs III. Reunited Tua with one of his targets from Alabama. We need speed on the outside and this lad can fly.

21st overall - Jalen Reagor/Tee Higgins. Depends if we need speed out of the slot or another big target.

Houston's 1st round selection: BPA. Go secondary if there's a CB/S available or maybe an EDGE rusher slides.

Rest of draft BPA.

Alternative draft: Use one of the 1st rounders (18th, 21st or Houston's 1st round pick) and our 2nd round pick to trade back up into the top 15 selections to guarantee Ceedee Lamb. He's just a playmaker at WR. Has good size and quickness.

Offseason. Since Tua probably won't be ready for the offseason, sign Marcus Mariota. Clearly wasn't given a fair shot with the Titans. Changed OCs every year. Reunite him with his college coach Chip and he'll be back in form.

Okay that was tedious. How the heck do people type up these kinds of things all the time?

They ALWAYS involved multiple 1st rounders, sometimes going out, sometimes in, sometimes both. :laugh:

I can't remember the guy's name, but the poster that lived in Washington (state) was always my favorite. He knew his stuff. He was also the only other DeShawn Shead believer I ever saw.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
They ALWAYS involved multiple 1st rounders, sometimes going out, sometimes in, sometimes both. :laugh:

I can't remember the guy's name, but the poster that lived in Washington (state) was always my favorite. He knew his stuff. He was also the only other DeShawn Shead believer I ever saw.

I sometimes want to make another account just to read the EMB again. I think it's locked to registered users only now.

Those trade proposal threads are so eerily similar to threads on HF's Trade Board. :laugh:

Edit: Remembered my old login info. Going to read the TATE board for laughs later.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Might be the worst take I have read in regards to football in a longtime. Kudos.
Its simply a fact that not everyone can deal with the ridiculous toll football puts on the human body the same way.
No one is denying that last night was bad luck and in theory could happen to everyone. Still doesn't change the fact that it was once again Wentz of all people that ended up on the sideline not being able to help his team when he was needed the most at the end of a season.

Just like he wasn't able to do so in 4 of his last 5 football seasons.
And if you do not believe that this fact alone is a huge problem, you are IMO just a homer living in denial. Because to me its a huge concern.
Last night was very unfortunate but it also was Wentz picking up a major injury diving head first trying to make a play once again. Just like against the Rams a couple of years ago.

That needs to be adressed. He needs to slide more and simply not put himself in a position to get hit like that (as bad and dirty I believe it was) as often as he does given his propensity to get injured in those situations. Even if it takes away from his overall effectiveness. Because at the end of the day availability is the most important skill a player needs to possess. And Carson unfortunately has been lacking in that regard so far and that needs to change.

LMAO

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
to go from Gruden/Garrett/Shurmur to Rivera/McCarthy/Possibly Rhule in the division is not good.
We've been lucky that the Giants and Skins have been a clown show, we're 12-0 against them over the last 3 seasons
gruden I would say, wasn't a Garrett. Had Alex Smith not gotten hurt they would have been more stable I'd say.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
gruden I would say, wasn't a Garrett. Had Alex Smith not gotten hurt they would have been more stable I'd say.
agreed
still, we're 14-4 within the division in the past 3 years
that's been a huge part of our success recently and this division IMO hit its breaking point as a dumpster fire
I expect them all to be better next season & we need to improve a lot also

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
agreed
still, we're 14-4 within the division in the past 3 years
that's been a huge part of our success recently and this division IMO hit its breaking point as a dumpster fire
I expect them all to be better next season & we need to improve a lot also
To be fair though, this was the case during the Reid era too over a decade ago. it really hasn't gotten better and Ill see when I believe it.

Chicken Chaser

Zaphod Beeblebrox
Mar 21, 2009
St. James's Gate
McCarthy wasted a big chunk of the career of the best QB the game has seen. I have a good feeling about this.

Packer fan here. That was Ted Thompson, not McCarthy. Similar situation the Eagles are going through now with bad drafts. Problem TT would double down on his misses and never address holes on his roster almost to a fault outside of the draft.

Did Mike lose a game here or there? Yes, you can point to any coach during any season in hindsight, but entire seasons can be wasted in the spring with the wrong drafts and FA signings, or lack thereof.

He's a good coach, and should boost Dak. Unsure if he'll use Zeke correctly, but if he hires the right DC, they should improve without much else.

They're about to be in cap trouble though... Was hoping he'd take the Giants gig.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jack Straw
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad