OT: Philadelphia Eagles: This is the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Wentz also missed the final 3 games last season with a back injury.

probably important for him to try to avoid contact as much as possible going forward.

saw a classic example from Wilson today. Only hit he truly took today outside the pocket was after he swerved past Bradham for the first down and Jenkins then tackled him. Slid well before any defender could even think of tackling him. There was a pass action to Lynch in the 4th and Wilson ran up the middle but there were eagles right there so he slid right about a the LOS. Lived to play the next play and make up for the extra yard to two that he missed out on by giving himself up early.

the play today, he took a deep drop but nothing was open. He moved to his right and I believe he got outside the tackle box. Mcdougal had outside containment on him.

In the future the best option for Wentz should then be to move to the right and throw the ball out of bounds. Even without the Clowney hit, the contact from McDougal was enough to bring him down short of the LOS and thus resulted in a sack and negative play.
3 games? That does it. I N J U R Y P R O N E

Wentz on the Clowney play was diving forward. That's giving yourself up, for he was informed of that weeks ago when his TD was taken away. It was a cheap late but, period.

Wentz has been clearly sliding more often this year

This narrative that people are going to be pushing is going to be sickening

Last edited:
Reactions: Dakota Sioux

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
3 games? That does it. I N J U R Y P R O N E

Wentz on the Clowney play was diving forward. That's giving yourself up, for he was informed of that weeks ago when his TD was taken away. It was a cheap late but, period.

Wentz has been clearly sliding more often this year

This narrative that people are going to be pushing is going to be sickening

I think you people are just in denial. Sure last night was very unlucky. But Carson hasn't finished a season 3 years straight. He also missed most of his draft year. Thats 4 out of the last 6 seasons where he wasn't available (even though I think he played the championship game in his draft year with his broken wrist/hand?) when his team was facing elimination.

Now that Bradford isn't starting anymore who was the definition of injury prone but certainly crazy unlucky as well, which other QB in the league would qualify as injury prone? Maybe Newton (although IMO that might even be more unfair than it is with Carson)?

At the end of the day it doesn't even matter anyways. Eagles are committed to Carson longterm. Hopefully he can finally stay healthy for the next decade or so because we really need him to. Then nobody will talk about his injuries again anyways.

But to dismiss this as a stupid narrative is just wrong IMO. His injury record is a huge concern to me. He already has missed more crunch time due to injury than the likes of Brady or Brees have over the last decade+ (and these guys are ancient and in theory should miss more games than they do due to that) and we are only 4 years into his professional career.
Eagles need to do something about it. Getting him to slide more like Wilson did last night might be a good start.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
The fact that people, including FOOTBALL PLAYERS, are acting as if this is some brittleness issue is exactly why football needs to be banned. The toxicity resulting from the football culture is just f***ing absurd and a threat to the health of human beings. He got hurt by a goddamn illegal hit, if that's not illegal then the NFL needs to be sued for another $1B so they can figure out what they need to do to help prevent concussions and CTE deaths. Seems they still don't get it.

Stop watching this grotesque sport.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

2001 - Patriots (Brady) beat Rams (Warner)
2002 - Buccaneers (Johnson) beat Raiders (Gannon)
2003 - Patriots (Brady) beat Panthers (Delhomme)
2004 - Patriots (Brady) beat Eagles (McNabb)
2005 - Steelers (Roethlisberger) beat Seahawks (Hasselbeck)
2006 - Colts (P. Manning) beat Bears (Grossman)
2007 - Giants (E. Manning) beat Patriots (Brady)
2008 - Steelers (Roethlisberger) beat Cardinals (Warner)
2009 - Saints (Brees) beat Colts (P. Manning)
2010 - Packers (Rodgers) beat Steelers (Roethlisberger)
2011 - Giants (E. Manning) beat Patriots (Brady)
2012 - Ravens (Flacco) beat 49ers (Kaepernick)
2013 - Seahawks (Wilson) beat Broncos (P. Manning)
2014 - Patriots (Brady) beat Seahawks (Wilson)
2015 - Broncos (P. Manning) beat Panthers (Newton)
2016 - Patriots (Brady) beat Falcons (Ryan)
2017 - Eagles (Foles) beat Patriots (Brady)
2018 - Patriots (Brady) beat Rams (Goff)

Rich Gannon & Joe Flacco are the only QB’s since 2001 to win an AFC Championship Game not named Brady (9), Manning (4), & Roethlisberger (3).

Manning, Wilson, & Warner are the only guys in that time span to win multiple NFC Championship games with each winning one twice.

Last edited:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
The fact that people, including FOOTBALL PLAYERS, are acting as if this is some brittleness issue is exactly why football needs to be banned. The toxicity resulting from the football culture is just ****ing absurd and a threat to the health of human beings. He got hurt by a goddamn illegal hit, if that's not illegal then the NFL needs to be sued for another $1B so they can figure out what they need to do to help prevent concussions and CTE deaths. Seems they still don't get it.

Stop watching this grotesque sport.

Might be the worst take I have read in regards to football in a longtime. Kudos.
Its simply a fact that not everyone can deal with the ridiculous toll football puts on the human body the same way.
No one is denying that last night was bad luck and in theory could happen to everyone. Still doesn't change the fact that it was once again Wentz of all people that ended up on the sideline not being able to help his team when he was needed the most at the end of a season.

Just like he wasn't able to do so in 4 of his last 5 football seasons.
And if you do not believe that this fact alone is a huge problem, you are IMO just a homer living in denial. Because to me its a huge concern.
Last night was very unfortunate but it also was Wentz picking up a major injury diving head first trying to make a play once again. Just like against the Rams a couple of years ago.

That needs to be adressed. He needs to slide more and simply not put himself in a position to get hit like that (as bad and dirty I believe it was) as often as he does given his propensity to get injured in those situations. Even if it takes away from his overall effectiveness. Because at the end of the day availability is the most important skill a player needs to possess. And Carson unfortunately has been lacking in that regard so far and that needs to change.

Last edited:

Ironmanrulez

#nEvErrEbUiLd #nEvErpLaYyOuTh #nEverpLaYsKiLL
Jul 1, 2010
Cologne, Germany
Just finished the game. This league is such a joke! It was 100% a headshot and on purpose. Eagles would have blamed for the next 8 months if one of our players would have done that. Clowney can do whatever he want! I hate this league so much. Not only 1 time the broadcaster say one word about a headshot.

And for sure Philadelphia has bad luck in sports. I cant imagine any other sports town having that much serious injuries to there best players in the last decade!

Saying that Doug needs to stop Wentz from running with the ball. It´s simply too dangerous. Just play like old man Brady. Stand in the poket and throw fast. If nothing is there throw it away. We dont need to score on every play. We just need to stay healthy and win the games solid. Like New England in the last years. WEntz dont need to be the best running QB in the league or making spectacular escapes all the time. Its just to dangerous!

Another sad day like a lot in the last 3 or 4 weeks.

Maybe i should restart drinking again.....

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Might be the worst take I have read in regards to football in a longtime. Kudos.
Its simply a fact that not everyone can deal with the ridiculous toll football puts on the human body the same way.
No one is denying that last night was bad luck and in theory could happen to everyone. Still doesn't change the fact that it was once again Wentz of all people that ended up on the sideline not being able to help his team when he was needed the most at the end of a season.

Just like he wasn't able to do so in 4 of his last 5 football seasons.
And if you do not believe that this fact alone is a huge problem, you are IMO just a homer living in denial. Because to me its a huge concern.
Last night was very unfortunate but it also was Wentz picking up a major injury diving head first trying to make a play once again. Just like against the Rams a couple of years ago.

That needs to be adressed. He needs to slide more and simply not put himself in a position to get hit like that (as bad and dirty I believe it was) as often as he does given his propensity to get injured in those situations. Even if it takes away from his overall effectiveness. Because at the end of the day availability is the most important skill a player needs to possess. And Carson unfortunately has been lacking in that regard so far and that needs to change.

That’s funny, your first sentence summed up your take.

The guy got his bell rung on an illegal hit (by rules) that would have put every single other QB in the NFL out.

If he went out there and blew his knee out fine label him injury prone but he just finished the entire regular season without getting hurt and then got knocked out by an illegal hit. He couldn’t have slid on that play anyway as his legs were tied up.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Hopefully Hall is a situational guy.
Not sure if it hit the mainstream but he tore his ACL on the last play in the Giants game.

We should pick one team to root against instead.
Definitely the way to go. 2018 Blues. 2013-2017 Sixes. The best.

@FLYguy3911 I forgot Bradham is on an Option too. I would think they have to draft a LB and add a cheaper FA, unless they're ready to go with Edwards immediately or Bradham wants to take less money.
I just assume Howie won’t draft a natural LB. Maybe a Gerry-esque conversion guy. ;)

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
HospitableLeadingCleanerwrasse-max-1mb.gif

OfficialKnobbyHectorsdolphin-size_restricted.gif

Can we get both please?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id...ocused-proven-nfl-coach-replace-jason-garrett

The Cowboys had a phone conversation with Jeff Fisher. THIS IS NOT A DRILL!

A team source did confirm the Cowboys had a recent telephone conversation with former NFL coach Jeff Fisher, who took the Tennessee Titans to Super Bowl XXXIV and whose regular-season record is 173-165-1, with a 5-6 playoff record. Fisher is highly regarded by Jones and team vice president Stephen Jones, but Fisher's three-year hiatus since being fired by the Los Angeles Rams in 2016 was a detriment to scheduling a formal interview.

Oh hell. :laugh:

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
That’s funny, your first sentence summed up your take.

The guy got his bell rung on an illegal hit (by rules) that would have put every single other QB in the NFL out.

If he went out there and blew his knee out fine label him injury prone but he just finished the entire regular season without getting hurt and then got knocked out by an illegal hit. He couldn’t have slid on that play anyway as his legs were tied up.

Maybe. Still doesn't change the fact that you and other people are all too quick when it comes to glossing over the fact that the guy has missed the most important part of a season 4 out of the last 5 years. Which is scary and I won't blame anyone for calling him injury prone because of that.

And when I look at that play, I see the same thing I see when I look at the play against the Rams that ended his season. A guy putting himself in harms way when he probably shouldn't given his track record with injuries. And I hope Doug adresses that. It might be time for Carson to turn into more of a pure pocket passer to preserve his health. At the very least he has to force him to throw away the ball more often than he does...

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Maybe. Still doesn't change the fact that you and other people are all too quick when it comes to glossing over the fact that the guy has missed the most important part of a season 4 out of the last 5 years. Which is scary and I won't blame anyone for calling him injury prone because of that.

And when I look at that play, I see the same thing I see when I look at the play against the Rams that ended his season. A guy putting himself in harms way when he probably shouldn't given his track record with injuries. And I hope Doug adresses that. It might be time for Carson to turn into more of a pure pocket passer to preserve his health.

He missed the game because he got hit in the head...

Call him injury prone because of the other situations fine. Don’t include this one.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
He missed the game because he got hit in the head...

Call him injury prone because of the other situations fine. Don’t include this one.

When he got injured a very similar way than he did against the Rams diving head first to make a play?
Oh well. Yeah it was a case of very bad luck. But to be fair that often happens to players that get labled injury prone.

Its funny how defensive Eagles fans all over the Internet are getting about this.
Wentz has had severe injury issues in his career. No doubt about that. Some of it due to bad luck but his style of play certainly has played a big role in that as well. He simply gets injured too often the way he is currently playing.

And given how much money we are paying him and that injuries usually get more frequent the older a player gets, it certainly is about as good of a time as any when it comes to discussing what Doug and Carson need to change about his game to stop these from happening.
As you might have noticed I am not calling for his head or for him to be replaced or for anything else that would be stupid.
I'd just like him to change his game a bit because I am sick of having to watch our backup QB in the final moments of our season again and again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->