OT: Philadelphia Eagles: This is the end

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
If it involves Chip Kelly, firing Howie Roseman, and Tua. It has my blessing.

source.gif

Kermit the Prog

Threadkiller
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Greenville, DE
Yeah but I'm talking about making a crackpot post like them good old Eagles Message Board posters. Man the things I used to read on that site during the offseason.

I used to be a moderator on the EMB back in the late 1990s into the 2000s, so I feel your pain (anyone remember the "Levon Kirkland will never be an Eagle" thread?). Banning people was like trying to shoot a giant swarm of flies with a cannonball.

Reactions: Chinatown88

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
to go from Gruden/Garrett/Shurmur to Rivera/McCarthy/Possibly Rhule in the division is not good.
We've been lucky that the Giants and Skins have been a clown show, we're 12-0 against them over the last 3 seasons

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Was Nancy Kerrigan injury prone too ?

****ing morons

Well, we have to separate the problems with the English language from the problems with idiots looking to take shots at Wentz. "Injury prone" means "tending to be injured," "often injured," etc. You guys would know better than me whether that is true or not, but it seems like he has been injured a lot. But "injury prone" is very different from "weak," "fragile," "unreliable," etc., the words that lurk underneath a lot of the stupider criticism I have seen of Wentz ... but again, you guys would know better than me.

Reactions: bennysflyers16

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
@Captain Dave Poulin I think there's a real chance McCarthy is a much better hire in his second go around. This is worth a read for you:

FMIA Week 15: Mike McCarthy Gets Creative To Prepare For His Next Shot

Toss out the fluff and look at how he's listening to evidence-based conclusions. He made Rodgers' career with his top-down mechanical rework. It's playcalling where he was a dinosaur.

*Edit* :laugh:

It's interesting. Like you said later, though, let's see if it's real or just a bunch of hot air.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe
The following is a spoof post inspired by the posters of the official Eagles Message Board. It is not meant to be taken in any serious manner. It's for FUN.

Offseason plan version 1.0

Fire Howie Roseman. It's time for Howie to go. Sure he's a brilliant capologist but it's clear he can't draft. Our drafts the past couple of years have been abysmal.
Replacement Morocco Brown. Helped Chris Ballard retool that Indy roster.

Time to take Doug away from play calling. Maybe fire Mike Groh too. Offense has been exceedingly average. Makes me wonder how much of the play calling during the Super Bowl Season was all Frank Reich.
Replacement: Hire @Hollywood Couturier 's favorite lad, Chip Kelly. We need Chip for our new QBs, more on that below.

Trade Carson Wentz to Miami for the 5th overall, 18th overall and Houston's 1st rounder.
Reasoning: Miami is a stupid franchise. Clearly we can fleece them again. Carson has been paid big money and we could use some cap flexibility to upgrade other parts of the roster.

At the draft
5th overall - Tua Tagovailoa. Franchise QB if he can recover from his injuries. Chip will do wonders with him.

18th overall - Henry Ruggs III. Reunited Tua with one of his targets from Alabama. We need speed on the outside and this lad can fly.

21st overall - Jalen Reagor/Tee Higgins. Depends if we need speed out of the slot or another big target.

Houston's 1st round selection: BPA. Go secondary if there's a CB/S available or maybe an EDGE rusher slides.

Rest of draft BPA.

Alternative draft: Use one of the 1st rounders (18th, 21st or Houston's 1st round pick) and our 2nd round pick to trade back up into the top 15 selections to guarantee Ceedee Lamb. He's just a playmaker at WR. Has good size and quickness.

Offseason. Since Tua probably won't be ready for the start of the season, sign Marcus Mariota. Clearly wasn't given a fair shot with the Titans. Changed OCs every year. Reunite him with his college coach Chip and he'll be back in form.

Okay that was tedious. How the heck do people type up these kinds of things all the time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad