OT: Philadelphia Eagles: The Atlanta Chokers edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
not in the first half. They adjusted on defence big time against the run in the second half.

Ehh, they were still running the playclock down to under 10 seconds down double digits in the 2nd half. They also couldn't stop the run. The game changed when Freeman got hurt. The fumble was the next play.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I would still say Brady & Manning are the best QB's to ever play. I get it's hard to compare guys from today to back then but always felt Montana was more so propped up because of the Super Bowl wins. I felt like Brady was kind of that guy earlier in his career too but he got a lot better as he got older. A guy like Marino might be up there as well but kind of like Manning he took some flak for not having the rings. In his case he had none opposed to Manning's one before he went along for a ride with Denver in that second one. Elway's obviously in the mix as well.

It's actually kind of crazy when you run through some names & see how many of these guys were from Pennsylvania. Montana, Marino, Unitas, Nameth, Kelly, etc.

Last edited:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I would still say Brady & Manning are the best QB's to ever play. I get it's hard to compare guys from today to back then but always felt Montana was more so propped up because of the Super Bowl wins. I felt like Brady was kind of that guy earlier in his career too but he got a lot better as he got older. A guy like Marino might be up there as well but kind of like Manning he took some flak for not having the rings. In his case he had none opposed to Manning's one before he went along for a ride with Denver in that second one. Elway's obviously in the mix as well.

It's actually kind of crazy when you run through some names & see how many of these guys were from Pennsylvania. Montana, Marino, Unitas, Nameth, Kelly, etc.

From a pure throwing the football pov, Rodgers is better than both. He just has an incompetent franchise that cant develop a defense. He makes throws no other quarterback has ever been able to make. I didn't see enough of Marino, but I was told he similar to Rodgers, just not as mobile. But Brady is an time great, cant argue that.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
From a pure throwing the football pov, Rodgers is better than both. He just has an incompetent franchise that cant develop a defense. He makes throws no other quarterback has ever been able to make. I didn't see enough of Marino, but I was told he similar to Rodgers, just not as mobile. But Brady is an time great, cant argue that.

Well yeah but Rogers still has time left to build on his career. I'd imagine like those two he'll be playing at a high level into his early 40's too. Manning's done & Brady's getting to the end. Although Brady may have a few years left in him. Those guys have the benefit right now of having longer track records due to their age.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
If it was the eagles losing like this tonight, i would have been in severe depression for god knows how long....atlanta coach quinn pulled a doug pederson special tonight....same basic mistakes made as the dallas loss where they only beeded a run and kick a FG to make it 2 poss game. All on the atl coach....

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Mind numbing decisions.

The Eagles loss to Dallas this year was similar, as they had a 1st down on the 30 and he had Huff throw a pass and screen to sproles for -4 yards. Took me a few weeks to get over that. When the Eagles lost in 2005, took me until Liverpool won the Champions League (in May that year) to finally not feel numb. I'm not sure I would ever get over a loss like this.

That Champions League win - the comeback from 0-3 down, the nailbiting in extra time, the PKs - sustained me for a very, very long time. I try to remind myself of it any time I am feeling down about anything :laugh: but especially about Liverpool at the moment :help:

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Marino could make any throw that Rodgers could make, and then some, and I'm pretty sure he had a stronger arm - probably the strongest arm ever. He was amazing, but pretty immobile, as you said.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
Dan Quinn went full Dough Pederson in the biggest game of his, the Falcons and everyone in Atlanta's life.

I would seriously consider not watching football ever again if I were a Falcons fan.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
EDIT: Apparently equipment manager locked it in a safe after it was left unattended in the locker room.

So now we're supposed to trust the Patriots equipment managers? Brady left the stadium, i'm fairly sure, not knowing where the jersey was. 100% the EM tried to make it out with the jersey before realizing that isn't happening.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
That Champions League win - the comeback from 0-3 down, the nailbiting in extra time, the PKs - sustained me for a very, very long time. I try to remind myself of it any time I am feeling down about anything :laugh: but especially about Liverpool at the moment :help:
I am a Milan fan
I have still [and never will] get over that game but at least we got direct revenge only a couple of years later...

the Falcons franchise may never get over this one
they might, but it won't be with the current HC/QB/GM

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I am a Milan fan
I have still [and never will] get over that game but at least we got direct revenge only a couple of years later...

the Falcons franchise may never get over this one
they might, but it won't be with the current HC/QB/GM

I totally agree. They wont get this close again with Ryan.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If I was Brady, I'd hang them up. Go live your super rich life with your ridiculously hot wife going out as the greatest QB ever setting all of those records.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
Yea they had to try to choke that. They were on the 27 up a TD and 2 point conversion. All they had to do was run clock and kick a fg and it's a 2 possession game. He drops back for a pass is sacked, holding call on the next play and now it's 3rd and 33 and you're out of fg range. Incomplete pass and you're punting.

Yep. One was 8:31 to go it is 3rd and one on their 36 and he drops back to pass and fumbles. Then the other killer was at 3:56 on NE's 23 it is 2nd and 11. You run two plays there. Make NE use their time outs then kick the FG game over. That was the killer series. We all called it right then and there game over. Good thing Shanny is getting out of town because that was brutal play calling and use of the clock. Reminds me of Andy in the hurry up offense:shakehead and #5 barfing:laugh:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad