OT: Philadelphia Eagles: The Atlanta Chokers edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Arthur Blank is "the mush." Every time I see him on the sidelines his Falcons end up losing. I'm pretty sure he went down after the Falcons were up 28-3, and was on the field for every point surrendered since. Fox just couldn't help but keep going back to him and his wife looking more and more sullen.

That said, Brady and Belichick are now undoubtedly best QB/HC combo of all time IMO.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Anyone else catch Jon dorenbos giving belichick a handshake in an eagles jersey at the end of the MVP ceremony :laugh:

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I don't even know what I'd do if we choked away a SB like that. It's the worst choke of all-time.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
What a collapse. Matty Ice and the playcalling the center of it.

I still don't know why they called a pass on the play after Devonta Freeman got hurt and there was the sack, fumble. They were still up 2 scores with what? 8 minutes or so left and could've converted a 3rd and short with a run. As long as they stress to not put the ball on the carpet at minimum they keep the clock moving and punt to make the Pats go the length of the field.

And the terrible execution that put them out of FG range was pretty bad as well.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Yea they had to try to choke that. They were on the 27 up a TD and 2 point conversion. All they had to do was run clock and kick a fg and it's a 2 possession game. He drops back for a pass is sacked, holding call on the next play and now it's 3rd and 33 and you're out of fg range. Incomplete pass and you're punting.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I still don't know why they called a pass on the play after Devonta Freeman got hurt and there was the sack, fumble. They were still up 2 scores with what? 8 minutes or so left and could've converted a 3rd and short with a run. As long as they stress to not put the ball on the carpet at minimum they keep the clock moving and punt to make the Pats go the length of the field.

And the terrible execution that put them out of FG range was pretty bad as well.

Mind numbing decisions.

I don't even know what I'd do if we choked away a SB like that. It's the worst choke of all-time.

The Eagles loss to Dallas this year was similar, as they had a 1st down on the 30 and he had Huff throw a pass and screen to sproles for -4 yards. Took me a few weeks to get over that. When the Eagles lost in 2005, took me until Liverpool won the Champions League (in May that year) to finally not feel numb. I'm not sure I would ever get over a loss like this.

TheKingPin

Nov 16, 2005
Philadelphia, PA
Seems a lot like how the falcons lost it but you really have to give it to the pats. That is not easy to do and they got it done. Brady is amazing.

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
If it was the eagles losing like this tonight, i would have been in severe depression for god knows how long....atlanta coach quinn pulled a doug pederson special tonight....same basic mistakes made as the dallas loss where they only needed a run and kick a FG to make it 2 poss game. All on the atl coach....

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
Well, no one can every call him Matty Ice again.

He didn't earn the name.

In all honesty, Ryan DID play well in the game, but the Falcons' play-calling on their penultimate offensive possession after the Jones catch was poor. One could argue Ryan couldn't take a sack on that one play (the play that pushed them back to the 35 yard line), but the Falcons' collapse was a team effort. If their defense gets one stop on the Patriots' last two possessions of the 4th quarter (I'm excluding that play with 3 seconds left), Atlanta wins the game.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Brady is the goat. No question. Look at the players he elevates.

BB is the goat IMO, due to the league hes in now, UFA...roster turnover, he won 3 10+ yrs ago, and 10 yrs later 2 in 3 yrs. In this league to win 10 games per year is absurd.

Its doubtful either person rises to this level without each other though.

CHIP72

Mar 16, 2013
Silver Spring, MD
If it was the eagles losing like this tonight, i would have been in severe depression for god knows how long...

There are certain losses in Eagles history that depending on your age, are forever burned into your memory. For people my age (early to mid-40s), it was a 1985 loss to the Vikings in which the Eagles led 23-0 early in the 4th quarter but ended up losing 28-23.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
The Browns never lead any game by 25 points.

I'm talking in general. They usually have a game or two a year where they lose in a laughably bad way that they really shouldn't have. The type of games where you really think someone related with the Browns made a bad deal sometime along the way.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
In all honesty, Ryan DID play well in the game, but the Falcons' play-calling on their penultimate offensive possession after the Jones catch was poor. One could argue Ryan couldn't take a sack on that one play (the play that pushed them back to the 35 yard line), but the Falcons' collapse was a team effort. If their defense gets one stop on the Patriots' last two possessions of the 4th quarter (I'm excluding that play with 3 seconds left), Atlanta wins the game.
hard for me to really fault Ryan. O scored 28...should have been enough.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
There are certain losses in Eagles history that depending on your age, are forever burned into your memory. For people my age (early to mid-40s), it was a 1985 loss to the Vikings in which the Eagles led 23-0 early in the 4th quarter but ended up losing 28-23.

That was my first Eagles game. I was 5. I guess it prepared me well! :laugh:

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Brady is the goat. No question. Look at the players he elevates.

BB is the goat IMO, due to the league hes in now, UFA...roster turnover, he won 3 10+ yrs ago, and 10 yrs later 2 in 3 yrs. In this league to win 10 games per year is absurd.

Its doubtful either person rises to this level without each other though.

BB and staff did not have a good game tonight though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad