OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Does It Really Even Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I made a point to watch this week, 2 yard dump passes down 30 pts. Did not look good at all.

The idea of Nick Foles is alluring but then you take a step back and realize that what he did in the Super Bowl would never be repeated even if he had 100 chances to do so. He wasn't good to start the season last year and people were begging for Wentz to come back.

He's been pretty much trash outside of a few weeks in December/January since his 27/2 season with Chip.

But most people don't take that step back because "the team plays better with him."

Carson might be a bust but every single time you go with Carson out of the two and the argument otherwise is mind numbingly stupid.

Really what I think the Eagles need to do is send Carson to a PR camp to change his image. Nick Foles is a likable guy that you can cheer for where as Carson is kind of this just bland and cold guy that no one really feels the want to cheer for.

Last edited:

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
sounds like to me this is the culture of eagles football that winning doesnt matter as long as we have our favorite player, if we do, if we dont, we dont. it's been this way for 60 years, you probably wont care about waiting another 60 years for a championship.
You’re the only real Flyers or Eagles fan.

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
I like elliot. That 63 yarder a few years ago still givees me goosebumps....but this feels like an overpaymeent that we could allocate elsewhere

Reactions: JXC

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Tony Pauline: Some smoke around Chip Kelly & UCLA parting ways | PFN

After their 0-3 start to the season, and then after their most recent loss to USC, Pauline wonders if they are headed in the right direction. Taking last season into consideration, Pauline speculated that UCLA probably wants to fire him, but the buyout would be too big.

However, because of Kelly’s rumored desire to get back into the NFL, and because of the possibility of UCLA wanting to fire him, they may decide to mutually part ways without a big payout.

When Herman questioned whether Kelly would return as head coach in the NFL, Pauline said he doesn’t think it would be as one based on his previous stints with the Philadelphia Eagles and San Francisco 49ers. Instead, it would likely be an offensive coordinator position.
“He’s still a very good quarterback coach and knows his offense, so if he’s happy being a coordinator, that might be a good fit for him and the team,” Pauline said.

Bring him home, Howie. Bring him home. I’ll never say another bad word about you.

Fire Groh.
Hire Chip.
???
Profit

He can be Nick Foles 2.0 and return leading us to the Super Bowl.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
sounds like to me this is the culture of eagles football that winning doesnt matter as long as we don’t have our least favorite person, if we do, if we dont, we dont. it's been this way for 60 years, you probably wont care about waiting another 60 years for a championship.

If I'm being honest, I don't follow football enough to care. I just knew it'd stir the beast. I'm gonna run away and hide now.

JXC

#ThisAintXbox #ThisAintMightyDucks #FireHakstol
Dec 28, 2005
sounds like to me this is the culture of eagles football that winning doesnt matter as long as we don’t have our least favorite person, if we do, if we dont, we dont. it's been this way for 60 years, you probably wont care about waiting another 60 years for a championship.
Do you think he would be a good Offensive Coordinator? I’ve never really considered it.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Will you stop being an Eagles fan if they start winning more?

you_got_me_breaking_bad.gif

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
The only good musical Halftime Show ever.

*Edit* Damn it. They fixed it. Now it's worse than the Genesis Halftime Show again.

It was so much better before the power came back on. This is the same town that had Motown and we get this yodeling herpa derp ****. And now they are "rocking out" FFS lol hey Clete, your mama's calling - she's got lemonade on her ****ing front porch and she needs her truck back. She told me, quote, "He says 'I drive yer truck' but I ain't never told that boy he could drive my truck."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad