OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Does It Really Even Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
It was so much better before the power came back on. This is the same town that had Motown and we get this yodeling herpa derp ****. And now they are "rocking out" FFS lol hey Clete, your mama's calling - she's got lemonade on her ****ing front porch and she needs her truck back. She told me, quote, "He says 'I drive yer truck' but I ain't never told that boy he could drive my truck."

Lizzo is from Detroit too. I know she's one of your favorites.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Lizzo is from Detroit too. I know she's one of your favorites.

I still don't know who she is except that she's allegedly monstrously fat. I think I saw her in passing one time in a commercial for one of these awful music awards shows, but it was just like a blob that was on-screen for about a split second. She can't possibly be worth a ****, so I don't mind staying in the dark.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I still don't know who she is except that she's allegedly monstrously fat. I think I saw her in passing one time in a commercial for one of these awful music awards shows, but it was just like a blob that was on-screen for about a split second. She can't possibly be worth a ****, so I don't mind staying in the dark.

Allegedly?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I'm still trying to wrap my head around her doing a Tiny Desk Concert. It was...not good.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Did it have to be an extra tiny bespoke desk so that she could fit?

Since I know your internet is Victorian, I made you this gif from the most recent Tiny Desk. Great band.

HVn6sxy.gif

Yes, that's essentially a clavinet with a whammy bar (Castlebar).

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yes, that's essentially a clavinet with a whammy bar (Castlebar).

I don't understand any of those words in that order. What I can tell you is that I've only ever seen one of those that I liked. It's a good format in theory, but all the ones I've seen were bad. I saw the one with the ****ing National, which made me want to stab my ears out, though that was probably not the desk's fault.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
For a while there, I forgot they were the Lions. Oops.

I don't understand any of those words in that order. What I can tell you is that I've only ever seen one of those that I liked. It's a good format in theory, but all the ones I've seen were bad. I saw the one with the ****ing National, which made me want to stab my ears out, though that was probably not the desk's fault.

Yeah, I find them hit and miss with huge swings in either direction. The ones that work really are outstanding though. It's not always the bands that go super stripped-down either. It's sort of like the modern version of Unplugged, but they draw from a much different pool of acts. I like being exposed to new music and I can trust that the sound quality is always on point.

It's basically a giant whammy bar, like on a guitar. But this one is on an electric clavichord.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
It's basically a giant whammy bar, like on a guitar. But this one is on an electric clavichord.

That's stupid.

Yeah, I find them hit and miss with huge swings in either direction. The ones that work really are outstanding though. It's not always the bands that go super stripped-down either. It's sort of like the modern version of Unplugged, but they draw from a much different pool of acts. I like being exposed to new music and I can trust that the sound quality is always on point.

I love the idea of it for exactly those reasons, but they just haven't been good in my earballs. What I like is those KEXP sessions. One of my favorites was when the Shout Out Louds were in there. Also Japanese Breakfast, Warpaint, Superchunk. The between songs chat is usually horrible, but the music is good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad