OT: Philadelphia Eagles Regular Season: Does It Really Even Matter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
Everyone is to blame on offense.

I just can't handle Carson bearing the vast majority of the blame not just for the last two games, but the entire season. People say "of course the WRs have been bad, BUT Carson..." as if the first part means way less than the 2nd part.

Carson played last game without his whole right side of the O-Line, his top 3 WRs and #1 RB. Don't get me wrong: He made some badddd throws, but so did Russell (arguably MVP of the league). It happens. He overall had a bad game, but who had a good game on offense?

This fanbase is begging to run Carson out of town. They've been dying to do it since last season, even if they don't realize it. Maddening.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

I just can't handle Carson bearing the vast majority of the blame not just for the last two games, but the entire season. People say "of course the WRs have been bad, BUT Carson..." as if the first part means way less than the 2nd part.

Carson played last game without his whole right side of the O-Line, his top 3 WRs and #1 RB. Don't get me wrong: He made some badddd throws, but so did Russell (arguably MVP of the league). It happens. He overall had a bad game, but who had a good game on offense?

This fanbase is begging to run Carson out of town. They've been dying to do it since last season, even if they don't realize it. Maddening.

Well this is Philadelphia...

It’s what we do.

We’ve done it with every single star ever.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008

It’s what we do.

It's just so absolutely maddening. We're pretty lucky to have Carson here, but we're doing all we can to crush this guy.

Yes, he totally needs to get tougher mentally to stay here -- but why do we act like he's the enemy just because he was injured when Foles won as a SB? It's as if we really don't want him to succeed just so we can be miserable.

God forbid Carson gets injured this season. I'd be stunned if fans don't request his outright release stating that he "just doesn't have it."

I get why someone like Ben Simmons is getting trashed: the guy seems to refuse to improve when it's clear he's really talented. Carson gets criticism for trying too hard to make plays (while people also acknowledge he has few players of skill to support him). Maddening!

Reactions: bennysflyers16

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal

when you are a "veteran" QB in the NFL and you are the highest paid player on the team you have a bit of an expectation of excellence. It's not like guys are not open.

It's what it is.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
when you are a "veteran" QB in the NFL and you are the highest paid player on the team you have a bit of an expectation of excellence. It's not like guys are not open.

It's what it is.

It is what it is, but what it IS is stupid when people don't account for the nuance and context of the situation.

- Guys aren't open a ton, but many times when they are open they aren't going to the proper spot on the route (which makes Carson look like an idiot)
- Carson has only played 2-3 seasons, really. He's still very much learning the position. Not everyone develops on the same curve.
- Sure he fumbled a bunch last game, but no one seems to talk too much about the coincidence how it happened when the entire right side of his line was out for the game.

Reactions: BiggE

landsbergfan

Jun 20, 2018

It’s what we do.

It is stupidity at its finest. Every idiot has an opinion on the NFL too. I can't even watch it anymore. Negadelphians get what they deserve, I just wish they'd stop ruining it for everyone else.

Wentz isn't going anywhere. Doing anything but support him is just rooting for the team to be bad.

Reactions: Striiker

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia

Whoa buddy... Eliot Shore Parks giffed 22 bad (questionable let’s actually call them) throws by Wentz. Out of like 400. I’m expecting him to be near perfect, if not then he deserves all the blame.

Reactions: BrindamoursNose

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I don't really agree with this
I think you're blanketing the entire fanbase with the POV of a minority of fans.
I'd say it's about 9/10-meaning 1 out of 10 eagles fans are those still clamoring for St. Nick. Maybe less...

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I don't really agree with this
I think you're blanketing the entire fanbase with the POV of a minority of fans.
I'd say it's about 9/10-meaning 1 out of 10 eagles fans are those still clamoring for St. Nick. Maybe less...

I genuinely think it's about 4/10 that think Foles should've been/should be here instead of Carson, maybe even a little more.

Whoa buddy... Eliot Shore Parks giffed 22 bad (questionable let’s actually call them) throws by Wentz. Out of like 400. I’m expecting him to be near perfect, if not then he deserves all the blame.

You hit the right button with me...I hate that dude. I berate him on Twitter with every new Carson-hating tweet.

Reactions: mmvvpp and Prongo

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

how many receivers is the management is going to get to make you understand it's not receivers? are you afraid to admit that howie made a mistake? fact is star qbs dont need great receivers, brady didnt, rogers didnt, mcnabb didnt, he lost t.o for crying out loud and still went to the sb foles didnt and it's the same receivers as last year when they played with foles and caught balls, what's changed?

so matter what, you are going defend a wentz and say this is best thing ever, even if we hadnt won a super bowl?

no offense but sounds you just love wentz as a person not as a qb.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
no-answer.gif

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
how many receivers is the management is going to get to make you understand it's not receivers? are you afraid to admit that howie made a mistake? fact is star qbs dont need great receivers, brady didnt, rogers didnt, mcnabb didnt, he lost t.o for crying out loud and still went to the sb foles didnt and it's the same receivers as last year when they played with foles and caught balls, what's changed?

so matter what, you are going defend a wentz and say this is best thing ever, even if we hadnt won a super bowl?

no offense but sounds you just love wentz as a person not as a qb.

5ddc4d9c6e5fa.image.jpg

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Yup
There are very few players that never got booed in Philly over the last half century:

Bobby Clarke
Bernie Parent
Dr J
Reggie White
Brian Dawkins
Chase Utley

That’s pretty much it

iverson. THe city identified with Iverson more than any athlete I have ever seen.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

sounds like to me this is the culture of eagles football that winning doesnt matter as long as we have our favorite player, if we do, if we dont, we dont. it's been this way for 60 years, you probably wont care about waiting another 60 years for a championship.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
sounds like to me this is the culture of eagles football that winning doesnt matter as long as we have our favorite player, if we do, if we dont, we dont. it's been this way for 60 years, you probably wont care about waiting another 60 years for a championship.

How's Nick Foles doing in Jacksonville?

How was Nick Foles to start the season last year? Were you clamoring for Wentz to get back from his injury?

Reactions: Striiker and BiggE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad