OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If they thought Hurts was the QBotFuture do they pull him?

Yes, because why risk the health of your QB behind Pryor and Toth at OT?
Sudfeld was a sacrificial lamb. Though he also got an opportunity to show he could retain his cool under intense pressure and failed.

renberg

Dec 31, 2003
Lewes Delaware
forums.hfboards.com
Just an early guess:
1. Jacksonville-Lawrence
2. Jets-Sewell
3. Miami-Smith
4. Atlanta-Wilson
5. Cinn-Chase
6. Phi-trade back one with Detroit who might badly want to get Fields. Lions need a QB; Stafford is shot. Spielman is running the show in Detroit. Look for a bunch of OSU guys to be working there soon. Possibly Meyer as HC.
7.??

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
I know a few people who were wishing there had been a crowd there. They were sure the fans would have been throwing batteries. I had to inform them that certainly wouldn't be the case, and that the last time the team botched its draft position by winning late Philly denizens responded with their most famous act of holiday aggression in response.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Yes, because why risk the health of your QB behind Pryor and Toth at OT?
Sudfeld was a sacrificial lamb. Though he also got an opportunity to show he could retain his cool under intense pressure and failed.

Bostic had been placed on Hurts as a spy in the second half. Why it took until the 2nd half for Del Rio to realize this was a Thing To Do is a matter all its own, but it is a gamble to run the guy who might have to play for you next year straight at an LB over and over, and for what?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I have no problem with Howie trying for a repeat in 2018 and 2019, I mean they were healthy in 2017 but had a ridiculous string of injuries the last three years, and while a few were predictable, they were far past expected. DeSean is a good example, they knew they weren't going to get 16 games, but 10-12 was a reasonable expectation given his light workload and the routes he runs, not 8 games over two seasons. Brooks even with the 1st achilles played 14-15 games a year for 7 years. Jerrigan was in his prime and hurt his neck, Malik Jackson plays 16 games a year for 4 seasons, then gets hurt after 1 game when we sign him.

It should have been blown up this year, but Howie couldn't start that without Lurie's approval, and we don't know what actually happened. Once you start to blow it up, you're looking at 2-3 years in the wilderness.

As far as drafting a QB, after watching Lawrence I'm not sold he's any more of a sure thing than Wentz or Hurts. I mean he's throwing to a great group of WRs who help him look good. Let's see him on a below average offense against NFL defenses.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
The scary part is they are a Dallas win away from making the playoffs again.

Why though? The middle of the field is a joke.

Is there any mid round LB talents? Or are you saying it's not worth burning that high of a pick on
An off ball LB that high is a luxury pick this team can’t afford to make. And they historically have devalued the position.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
OK though, I have a question. Why does Sudfeld still exist? It has been 3 years. Do....do they...ACTUALLY believe in him on some level? Could they have been giving him a serious, legitimate look as a thorough assessment of where they stand at QB before the draft?

Is that a thing?

ajgoal

Almost always never serious
Jun 29, 2015
I just want to point out that in each of the last two games, the Eagles had 14 points and were up. I posted that they were winning, and they proceeded to finish the game with fewer points than their opponent.

You're welcome.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
OK though, I have a question. Why does Sudfeld still exist? It has been 3 years. Do....do they...ACTUALLY believe in him on some level? Could they have been giving him a serious, legitimate look as a thorough assessment of where they stand at QB before the draft?

Is that a thing?
He's Carson's buddy and according to the Plant Manager of the QB Factory they needed to take a QB last draft because "Nate will be leaving to start somewhere else next season."

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP

Is that a thing?

It's a QB Factory, bro. They can't help it - they just produce them.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
It's almost impossible to evaluate QBs without real game experience, I don't mean garbage time duty or exhibition games, but real games against starters who are seriously trying to beat you and a DC scheming to confuse you.
It also helps to play with a real team in front of you, amazing how much better Tannehill looks in Tennessee.

QBR last three seasons in Miami: 46.3, 49.4, 31.0
QBR last two seasons in Tenn: 67.2, 78.7

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
He's Carson's buddy and according to the Plant Manager of the QB Factory they needed to take a QB last draft because "Nate will be leaving to start somewhere else next season."

This should be a useful barometer for you people.

Everybody who thinks any positive thoughts of Sudfeld should be purged from the organization. Doesn't matter if that's coach, GM, or the guy who shucks the raw corn cobs the coach and GM eat whole 24/7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad