OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Yep. You learn nothing from him putting up yards in garbage time against a prevent defense.
I didn't expect him to win the game, but for a guy who has been around the NFL for four seasons, he should have looked a lot more polished.

For those criticizing the Hurts pick, imagine Wentz playing at a high level, the Eagles 8-7 and have to win their last game to make the playoffs and Wentz turned an ankle, would you think Sudfeld would have got the Eagles into the playoffs in that situation?

If you think that's a hypothetical, check out Arizona. Or the Seattle playoff game last season.
totally. I said last year, I didn't object to trying to get some talent in at QB, because Sudfeld and McCown were not going to cut it.

At 53 though, with other BPAs on the board, on him, Not my jam.

All and all, he did better than I thought he would though. I figured he'd be confused and indecisive. He CERTAINLY wasn't indecisive.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
FYI, we get the Lions and 49ers next year (4th place sched), along with AFC West, NFC South, and our own division of course.

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
That was pretty embarrassing last night. From Champs to Chumps, it's a loser attitude and i hate it.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
So there is no way the Bengals do not let Jamarr Chase go pay them right?

I feel like it's going to really be a case of dominoes, maybe moreso than usual. If the Jets keep Darnold and either trade back or pick Sewell, that's going to really effect everything. And we don't know which teams are willing to jump up to secure a QB, which would push back the WRs. The fact that there are three of them that are THAT good should fill you with some comfort if that's the position you want.

And then there's the wild card of Pitts, who is kind of a unicorn by serving as a WR/TE hybrid of unusual quality. (FYI I don't know shit, this is all just based on what I read.)

David St Hubbins

Well, you're not as confused as he is.
Jan 24, 2016
Deskfront, facing WSW
b148b178209790edeb9f58f8b305a69d.png

notsurprisedkirk.jpg
5356f79a73b36756f07d401bee1d780ccee3da66472caa6fa75ef8863b22e814

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
That was pretty embarrassing last night. From Champs to Chumps, it's a loser attitude and i hate it.
If you're not a good team, then be the worst team. Simple as that. There's no pride in extended mediocrity. Ask the LA Angels

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
The shitstorm over that blatant tank job is hilarious and ridiculous, as predicted.

I'm truly confused by the shit storm about this...Getting statements like "I've never seen something like this in 30 years around the game"...

So lesson is that we should've just scratched out players instead? People seem to be cool with a team keeping all their top players in the press box for Week 17, but not mid-game.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Yet Pittsburgh threw a game. Let the Browns ease into the playoffs at the expense of Miami. Steeler win and Miami was in no matter what...

Yep, and not a peep out of anybody because Shitt was "resting Pig Ben for the playoffs." The truth is - and this is ALWAYS the case - a team's only responsibility is to itself. I think Doug could have done himself a favor by being a little less obvious :laugh: and there wasn't really any purpose in "having a look" at f***ing Sudfeld, who is awful, but the only thing he has to do is worry abut his team and its future. I understand that the Giants are irritated, as I would be, but if you want to be in the playoffs, win your own f***ing games. It's not a good look to whine because your rival didn't do you a favor.

And last but not least, the Giants can f*** off forever and always.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Sal Pal is talking about how Goodell should "do a forensic analysis" to get to the truth :laugh: There isn't an ounce of sense in this witch hunt. This is coming from someone (I mean me) who couldn't give a damn about the Eagles one way or the other. I'd be furious if I were you guys and having to listen to this stupid shit.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Yet Pittsburgh threw a game. Let the Browns ease into the playoffs at the expense of Miami. Steeler win and Miami was in no matter what...

Yeah there is a huge double standard there. It is apparantely perfectly fine to "throw" games to rest players for the playoffs but a capital crime if you do what the Eagles did. I guess starting Sudfeld Q1 with some flimsy excuse for why Hurts is out would have been fine, though...

Honestly I have no issue with what Doug did. IMO the blame goes to the NFL for flexing this abomination of a game to prime time and to Washington for playing absolutely horrible.
Normally this game with this lineup would have been out of reach in the late 3rd quarter giving Doug enough time to play Sudfeld...

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Well those were the ones that were the little guys when I was out there last.

I would DEFINITELY make a point to see New Image if you find yourself out there. Theres a few others that id recommend but only if i knew how much time you were looking at, etc. There were some fun ones but they were like an hour - hour and a half drive from downtown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad