OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Wait... wowowo, what the f***?

Eagles owner Jeffrey Lurie fails to hold up mirror and hold GM Howie Roseman accountable

Lurie knows as well as anyone about the process and the details because he’s a part of it – intimately. He lobbied for wide receiver JJ Arcega-Whiteside in the second round of the 2019 draft and got Pederson to go along, per sources. Roseman, who wanted Parrish Campbell, must have figured he had no choice but to sign off.

A year later, Lurie was on board when Roseman selected quarterback Jalen Hurts in the second round, per sources, even though Wentz was less than a year from receiving a franchise contract extension, and the Eagles had other greater needs.

It’s unclear how the pick affected Wentz, but the process was flawed – Roseman had disregarded his scouts’ choice of safety Jeremy Chin – and the results were disastrous. The same could be said of Roseman’s decision to take his coaches’ advice over his scouts’ and draft receiver Jalen Reagor over Justin Jefferson a round earlier.

@JojoTheWhale

giphy.gif

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

So much gold here.

"Sure, we passed on every Safety in existence for multiple years despite glaring needs, but THIS one we absolutely nailed."

I would not advertise that I wanted Parris Campbell. That's not a positive.

Lurie being involved to that degree means nothing matters and we're all doomed, so fire off the shitposts and let's at least have fun.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So much gold here.

"Sure, we passed on every Safety in existence for multiple years despite glaring needs, but THIS one we absolutely nailed."

I would not advertise that I wanted Parris Campbell. That's not a positive.

Lurie being involved to that degree means nothing matters and we're all doomed, so fire off the shitposts and let's at least have fun.

Every hour I am even more amazed by the levels of incompetence with this franchise.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Can we admit that it was never this bad with Chip yet though?

Also, I feel like I saw a article with regards to Lincoln Riley that mentioned Howie took his advice on taking Reagor so which one is it? Was it Riley and Howie or Doug and the coaches?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Can we admit that it was never this bad with Chip yet though?

Also, I feel like I saw a article with regards to Lincoln Riley that mentioned Howie took his advice on taking Reagor so which one is it? Was it Riley and Howie or Doug and the coaches?

Yep, Riley is the claim now.

It was this bad. Chip completely gave up. That doesn't make his prime years any less great or important though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I dont think the Eagles are even a bottom 10 franchise in the league when it comes to incompetence. Tells you about the state of the some of the franchises.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Umm... this organization is a complete and utter shitshow? They're a laughing stock.

we are in the golden age of Eagles Football.
in the past 20 years we have won the nfc east 9 times, 13 playoff appearances, 6 conference finals, 2 sb appearances, and 1 superbowl win.

teams would kill to be much of a laughing stock.

Reactions: Richi

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
we are in the golden age of Eagles Football.
in the past 20 years we have won the nfc east 9 times, 13 playoff appearances, 6 conference finals, 2 sb appearances, and 1 superbowl win.

teams would kill to be much of a laughing stock.
Do you consider the Cowboys to be a laughing stock? Because bringing up the past doesn’t matter. We’re in the here and now.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad