OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Will Select Sixth Overall In Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
It's time

54e7752feab8eade7ad8ea8b
Luhnow stated he would want to potentially work in the NFL. I'd hire him. This franchise/fanbase is already hated.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I didn't know you felt this way. Zero snark intended.

The Davenport trade was indeed ridiculous, but he's also good and they're in a fairly unique situation where they went All-in for 2 years to a degree we probably haven't seen before.

wait , you are saying that i was incapable of witnessing greatness? I was the first to call for foles in 2018 because clearly carson was not carson when everyone thought it was 2017 again.

all in as in what the eagles did 2018?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
That was a pretty bananas press conference. The stuff about the draft and guys getting taken before their pick was pretty insulting. Everyone in the city saw Justin Jefferson running over the nfl

Reactions: Flybynite

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I’m not even a hindsight drafter. I don’t particularly care who they did/didn’t take in specific cases. The bottom line is their drafting has been absolutely terrible & has yielded very little over these years & is a big part of their current bleak future right now. While there is some degree of luck to it that doesn’t just excuse how bad this has been. At some point people are held accountable for bad drafting results elsewhere in this league & other sports especially when the other parts of the job don’t add up either.

Last edited:

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I could see Reilly leaving for the NFL eventually. I think he’s kind of maxed out there at Oklahoma. I don’t think there’s realistically anything he can do to close the gap between those few teams ahead of him at the college level.

But with that said he’s still going to have a lot of leverage with his current sitting in the college game so he’s likely going to have the luxury of being picky/demanding when/if that opportunity comes.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I could see Reilly leaving for the NFL eventually. I think he’s kind of maxed out there at Oklahoma. I don’t think there’s realistically anything he can do to close the gap between those few teams ahead of him at the college level.

But with that said he’s still going to have a lot of leverage with his current sitting in the college game so he’s likely going to have the luxury of being picky when/if that opportunity comes.
Why leave a job where you could stay there for life and get paid more to do it for a job that you're probably on the unemployment line in five years max?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Why leave a job where you could stay there for life and get paid more to do it for a job that you're probably on the unemployment line in five years max?

I just think he might want more of a realistic path to ultimate success eventually as he’s essentially capped out with Oklahoma. Even if he fails in the NFL he should be able to get a pretty good college job again so I think that would play a factor as well.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just think he might want more of a realistic path to ultimate success eventually as he’s essentially capped out with Oklahoma. Even if he fails in the NFL he should be able to get a pretty good college job again so I think that would play a factor as well.

Unless there actually is some sort of black sorcery, I really do expect Jerry to land him when he is ready to go to the NFL.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I’m very sorry for your loss, @Captain Dave Poulin

I have to check, but he was supposed to be bringing along someone named Whitt (not Jason, the dunce from MNF), who was in charge of pass defense in Atlanta and led the Falcons to 32nd place in that area in the NFL. Which is both on-brand and awesome.

I don't know if you are still super busy, but if you have a few minutes to spare, please kill me now.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have to check, but he was supposed to be bringing along someone named Whitt (not Jason, the dunce from MNF), who was in charge of pass defense in Atlanta and led the Falcons to 32nd place in that area in the NFL. Which is both on-brand and awesome.

I don't know if you are still super busy, but if you have a few minutes to spare, please kill me now.

Unless he's bringing Earl Thomas, Richard Sherman, and the rest, I don't think it will help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad