OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Still Pick Sixth, They Have A Coach, No QB Though

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
Todd McShay's latest NFL mock draft has curious landing spots for Mac Jones, Justin Fields

McShay's latest mock draft...

I can't pull up the full mock since I think it's behind a pay-wall, but the highlights:

- New England trades with the Giants to select Fields at 11
- Top 4 WR/TE (Waddle, Chase, Smith, Pitts) & Surtain are taken before #11
- Eagles select Parsons at 12 (with Sewell on the board)

If we let Sewell get past us, I'll burn it down
Wow Horn gone too. That would suck.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
So I like the trade, but I think they could have potentially extorted a better offer had they waited til draft time. Would have been a risk, but there are a bunch of teams desperate for a quarterback. Especially if the Bengals dont trade down or Falcons dont take one.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
So I like the trade, but I think they could have potentially extorted a better offer had they waited til draft time. Would have been a risk, but there are a bunch of teams desperate for a quarterback. Especially if the Bengals dont trade down or Falcons dont take one.
The issue there is that the Dolphins probably don’t trade #3 unless they have that deal with the Eagles already done.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
The issue there is that the Dolphins probably don’t trade #3 unless they have that deal with the Eagles already done.
Always possible, but I would have taken that risk. At worst I think they would have gotten one of the top 3 pass catchers as at least 3 quarterbacks are taken before. Though according to some, there might be a slight chance one of them falls to 12. Either way it is a risk, I like the trade I just might have waited.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
I checked out on the NFL for the last week, can someone summarize
Some dudes are super fast. Analysts think picks will be made and try to predict them for fun without actually knowing anything, and lots of people take their guesses as actual insight for some reason.

Also, DeShaun Watson is an alledged rapist

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Mocks are fun man, no need for the smugness
I never said they weren't, and I'm not trying to be the mock post police. I'm just saying the people that take them as some sort of rumor or legitimate look into the team are missing the point.

I'm not saying you or anyone here are one of those people. But this is mock season, and Beef needs to be updated on this

Chinatown88

Daniels QB3
Jan 17, 2012
The Universe

tenor.gif

Reactions: LegionOfDoom91

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Well, if Pitts and chase are both gone, then we're in the next tier of players, and Howie did the right thing.
Slater for LG, Smith, Horn, trade down, just comes down to what the board says.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
I have quite a bit of money on Pitts' draft slot. If you're interested in such things, I would encourage everyone to look at combo plays on such players. There are extremely likely permutations that work out in profits unless something weird like Pitts going 3 or at 4 to someone other than Atlanta happens.

How'd Rodgers do? I wasn't home

Surprisingly well!

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I have quite a bit of money on Pitts' draft slot. If you're interested in such things, I would encourage everyone to look at combo plays on such players. There are extremely likely permutations that work out in profits unless something weird like Pitts going 3 or at 4 to someone other than Atlanta happens.

Surprisingly well!

Tell me how to make money, Jojo. Papa needs a new shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad