OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Playoffs - Eagles Still Pick Sixth, They Have A Coach, No QB Though

Status
Not open for further replies.

litflyersfan

Jan 1, 2008
Horrendous return given the dead cap hit. Next year, I'm guessing, has already being written off, might as well trade/cut some of the other useless crap off the team and go full rebuild.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
They really shouldn't have leaked all that crap if they ultimately were always going to take that lowball offer anyways.

Pretty putrid return considering all these reports about a 1st+.
Especially considering that you are taking a 30m dead caphit and best case is a late 1st a year out.

Lets just hope Wentz stays healthy for once...

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
That's more than negative value so I'm thrilled, but let's be clear about what happened here. Howie bet that he could play everyone and wait out a desperate offer from Ryan Pace, then ultimately blinked. Whether it was because Wentz said he wasn't going to Chicago or because Pace acted competently for once in his life, we'll probably never know. Same result either way.

QB in Round 1 or trade back. Do this right.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
It’s actually pretty decent considering the conditions and he was literally the worst QB in the league last year by some measures.

Yeah, I guess the concern was about carrying the dead cap. Having a rookie qb helps offset that, I guess? Seems like a lot of cap to eat for not a lot back. Suppose that's the poison pill of the deal though?

Reactions: FLYguy3911
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad