OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select 13th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Double Post, but rumors flying around Eagles will announce a Bradford signing today.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Good. Now we will have an NFL QB. They can worry about filling holes. Not wasting the 13th pick on a junk QB.

Actually they can trade the 13 and get another 2nd. That should be priority #1

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Daniel Jeremiah was reportedly interviewed for the "Personnel Chief" position with the Eagles.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That's weird. Why not just franchise him for one year at $19+? Or more years at less $$$ ? Seems like a strange deal to me.

Yeah seems weird. I would have franchised him but I have no beef with this. Draft a QB at some point soon, use first this year for OL or CB help.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
I know it's pointless & silly to ***** about the numbers but 36 milly for only 2 yrs of a mediocre NFL QB is still amazing to me...

:slow whistle

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
That's weird. Why not just franchise him for one year at $19+? Or more years at less $$$ ? Seems like a strange deal to me.

Because they save ~7M this year by not franchising him. Now they can use that savings to sign Cox.

Hurricane28

Angry Flyers STH/Weather Guy
Aug 22, 2012
South Jersey
This makes him the 15th highest paid QB, will be 18 when Bridgewater, Luck, and Bortles are extended. He's being paid to be an average QB, which is exactly what he is

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
This makes him the 15th highest paid QB, will be 18 when Bridgewater, Luck, and Bortles are extended. He's being paid to be an average QB, which is exactly what he is
Good post. He's fine as a place holder for a couple seasons. The organization has that time frame to find a viable long term starter. Happy they didn't commit long term to him, he doesn't deserve that kind of deal.

kicksave27

Nov 29, 2007
Off the top of my head that means bradford will have made 96ish million in what 8 years in the league for having a losing record and injury prone. That just makes me sad

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ

I think this is a fair post. I just hate when I read some people saying he's a franchise QB (not on here.. Other sites). Draft a guy who sits for 2 years and hopefulyly takes ove. Might even be sooner. Sam is one of the most injury prone QBs in the league. He will get hurt again. Just hoping we can win those games where he is hurt

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Great deal! Big Bradford supporter, I think he gets a lot of flack for not being Joe Montana behind a terribly run team with haphazardly assembled positions including receivers who might as well have had amputations at both elbows.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I gave the Eagles decades of optimism.

Now all they get is cynicism until they prove otherwise. They're on notice.

Flyers aren't on notice because their hooks are far too deep not to get blind fandom. Eagles, meh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad