OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select 13th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
OK, the 13th pick. This teams need a quarterback, LT, two guards, a deep threat wr, another pass rusher, and probably another safety and cornerback. That will be easy.

BTW, Im fine with Bradford coming back. But the new coach should decide that.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Bradford needs to come back and we need O-Line more then anything else

Draft all the guards. And a tackle too.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So Riley Cooper started 13 of 16 games for 327 yards and 2 TDs.

I know he's just there to block but the man should be out of here.

Honestly with WR I keep Matthews, Agholar (because I do think letting go a rookie 1st rounder after 1 yr isnt smart). Huff... Eh inno maybe keep him to have him as a 5/6. We need a nee WR cast. Keep Matthews in the slot. Need a speedy deep threat reciever.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Won my first FF championship. Never not made playoffs, finally sealed one.

Mikey Mamula OG.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I'd like to see Treadwell but taking a WR two years in a row in the first is a major mistake. Especially with the teams needs.

Not too many good FA WRs out there. Alston Jeffery is a FA I go for but I doubt Bears let him go. Others guys I would look at: Travis Benjamin, Marvin Jones, Rishard Matthews, Kamar Aiken. Lot of these guys will be aimed to be kept by their teams.

Can always look for a trade for a late rounder. Others might get cut.

Coppy

Apr 30, 2011
Michael Floyd will probably end up getting released by Arizona. He'd be a guy I'd target as a free agent. He's not flashy, but a solid WR who can stretch the field and he probably won't get a big contract.

It might sound crazy, but I don't think they need a lot of help on defense. I just think they need to switch back to the 4-3. They have 4-3 personnel in a 3-4 system.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Michael Floyd will probably end up getting released by Arizona. He'd be a guy I'd target as a free agent. He's not flashy, but a solid WR who can stretch the field and he probably won't get a big contract.

It might sound crazy, but I don't think they need a lot of help on defense. I just think they need to switch back to the 4-3. They have 4-3 personnel in a 3-4 system.

I agree with everything here. I didn't know Floyd was potentially going to be released. He has been beyond solid for AZ and hes the type of guy that can blow the top off a defense.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
The Cowboys?

Sure, why not? He was there for 3 years as an assistant before taking over as HC of the Saints, and his family lives in the area IIRC. And while I do think Jerruh likes being the puppeteer behind Garrett, I'd think he'd make a push for Payton if he comes on the market.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
OT is top concern, but only if bradford resigns. If he doesnt, I'd go after Lynch.

After OT, I'm going secondary, pass rush, wideout in that order.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Where would they have picked if they lost today (so I can ***** on draft day when the guy I want gets taken before out pick)?

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
There's an extreme need for linebacker.

Team needs (assuming Bradford sticks around):
1) OL (3 spots are totally up for grab)
2) LB (DeMeco is done, Kendricks played poorly, can't trust Hicks)
3) WR (May have to go FA route/late-round. Can't use another 1st on this)
4) Secondary (Thurmond upgrade, legit corner to play with Maxwell despite me liking Rowe)
5) DL (Plan on it going back to 4-3. We have the personnel, but could use another in addition to Cox, Thornton, Graham and Curry)

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
There's an extreme need for linebacker.

Team needs (assuming Bradford sticks around):
1) OL (3 spots are totally up for grab)
2) LB (DeMeco is done, Kendricks played poorly, can't trust Hicks)
3) WR (May have to go FA route/late-round. Can't use another 1st on this)
4) Secondary (Thurmond upgrade, legit corner to play with Maxwell despite me liking Rowe)
5) DL (Plan on it going back to 4-3. We have the personnel, but could use another in addition to Cox, Thornton, Graham and Curry)
1) who besides lane isn't a problem?
5) I like the 3-4. Better scheme imo. We need a real d coordinator.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
So Adam Gase is interviewing in the next few days. Not the defensive minded coach people wanted, but the guy is considered to be a extremely sharp young mind. Connects with QBs well pretty much making every QB he has coached into a competent one.

Now people like to throw out the Bears' offense rankings, but one must remember the Bears top receiver at one point this last season was Eddie Royal. Alshon Jeffery was hurt or playing hurt most of the season. He also resurrected Cutler's career.

He is someone I would be interested in. I don't mind an offensive guru but one must care about the defensive side of the ball, something Chip really didnt care about.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Trade back in the first, there isn't anyone in a position of dire need there that we should take at 13 IMO. Move back into the 20s and try to pick up a second.

If Bradford is gone:

Round 1-Connor Cook
Round 2-OL
Round 3-Leonte Caroo, DL
Round 4-LB
Round 5-OL
Round 6-OL
Round 7-DL, WR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events