OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Offseason Edition: Eagles Select 13th Overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Yeesh wtf. I didn't think Maxwell was that bad last year. Not worth the money but still not a total waste.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I'm salty because I will be so pissed if we go through another roster turnover. Also agree with most that Maxwell wasn't that bad last year. Alonso was but come on.
What team were you watching?!? Maxwell and Alonso were absolutely awful. It was literally painful to watch them. I'd always have plenty of Advil on hand before watching those clowns on Sundays.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
What team were you watching?!? Maxwell and Alonso were absolutely awful. It was literally painful to watch them. I'd always have plenty of Advil on hand before watching those clowns on Sundays.

I said Alonso was. Maxwell at least looked somewhat competent towards the end but he wasn't THAT awful. Def not work the contract.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
So, looks like....
Kiko + Maxwell + 13th

for

8th + ???

Also,

Howie for GM of the year if he pulls that off.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Why are you salty they're trading people who played like trash last year ?

I'm going to assume this was to me. Maxwell has an awful first game and that's where most people got their opinion of him. He wasn't going to shake that along with the fact that he didn't even attempt to tackle throughout the year and that left a bad taste in people's mouth. He wasn't as bad as he was made out to be. Was he worth the money? No but that's what happens when you need a corner and he was the top one on the market (besides Revis).

Alonso? He was hurt and played awful outside of the one play against Atlanta. I think it's a stupid move to sell way low on him.

We'll see what the return is and what the Eagles do in FA/Draft before we get a final verdict on it but you're opening up more holes than you already had.

I'm not salty at all. I just think that it's hilarious that it was reported that Roseman wanted Maxwell more than Kelly did. Whether it's true or not who knows but it just puts another nail in Howie's impenetrable coffin. Add the fact that it looks like Murray and Mathews are available for trade that pretty much puts every single player Chip Kelly brought in possibly shipped off.

Has the team even had talks with Walter Thurmond?

sigma six

Doesn't need stick tape
Aug 2, 2005
Cascadia
Maxwell was a really good press corner here, but seemed misused in Philly. Never mind the overpayment.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
If Alonso is gone, thank god. He was absolutely terrible in all aspects last year. Constantly over committed on run plays, couldn't defend anyone or tackle, and looked liked he lacked effort on multiple occasions.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Count me in as one of the few who was intrigued by what Schartz would've done with Maxwell under a new scheme. I am not quite sure what the plan is for CB going forward to say that they are thin at the position is a big understatement.

Kiko looked awful I am glad they are moving away from that fiasco. Knee injury or no knee injury.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
It takes some players a long time to recover from said injuries. Sometimes not at all. Kiko has loads of talent.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
is Howie going to try and undo everything that Chip done did?

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Kiko was horrible last year. One of the softest football players I've seen in a while. No tears shed over losing some players that weren't very good last year & have some money tied down to them.

JVR21

Jan 27, 2010
I read somewhere that the Eagles would take on a higher cap number if they were to trade him versus just hanging on to him. What is the motivation to get rid of him if that's the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad