OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Is there a plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Losing Cox would hurt like crazy, I think Kendricks isn't the end of the world. He has a ton of skill and I like him lot, but the addition of Alonso makes it ok. If they think they have another DT on this team that can be just as good as Cox, which I don't see, or if they think they can find a guy in the draft that good, then moving 3 players and swapping the #20 for the #2 is not really that bad of a deal.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Cox could be a top 5 defensive lineman in the league. mariota has yet to throw a single pass in the nfl and the best defense he played against last year he was no buena. If he were to fall past 10, I would have no problem with them moving up and getting. That's what I think Chip will do, if he starts to fall he will try to make a deal. I dont see him falling and I see him in either Tennessee or New York.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
This is true, but an above average QB is more important than a Top 5 D lineman. It all depends on what you think of Mariota. I'm not really sold on him, but I don't follow college closely anymore.

Without a doubt a quarterback is more important. That being said, they already gave up a perfectly capable NFL starter in Foles for an injury prone quarterback who in the time he has played hasnt been better than Foles. Im not sold on Mariota either, and I watch a ton of college football. I see him as a slightly better version of Alex Smith (Mariota is more athletic and a better arm before Smith's shoulder injuries)

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Without a doubt a quarterback is more important. That being said, they already gave up a perfectly capable NFL starter in Foles for an injury prone quarterback who in the time he has played hasnt been better than Foles. Im not sold on Mariota either, and I watch a ton of college football. I see him as a slightly better version of Alex Smith (Mariota is more athletic and a better arm before Smith's shoulder injuries)

Foles is nothing special and in all honesty, got hurt yearly as well.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Agreed on Bradford
Unknown on Mariota

He is an unkonwn, so no reason screwing up the next 5-7 years of the franchise for him.

In fairness, no one really has any idea how good Mariota will be in the NFL... there've been plenty of guys that nobody thought much of who've turned out to be stars.

This is true, but less so with Quarterbacks. Brady, Romo, and Wilson are really the only two good quarterbacks in the league you can say this about. Just about every other good quarterback in the league was a 1st round pick and was expected to succeed. While there have been many more quarterbacks picked in the 1st round who have failed.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Greg Cosell said Bradford was a top 5-6 "thrower" in the league.

See, there have always been split opinions of him. I know Baldinger was not high on him coming out of OU. I would be fine giving him a chance for 1 season, and go from there.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
I'm clicking as hard as I can!

Jeff George had one of the best arms of any QB ever
I'm just typing what he said yesterday. He wasn't just talking about arm strength. He was talking about release, and ball placement as well.

Obviously there is more to playing QB than that, but just found it interesting to hear.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Neither do I, but I dont think that is enough. Leonard Williams has HOF potential. If I were to give him up it would be lot more than that.

Based on what?

I don't know anything about Williams, if he's gonna be that good, Tennessee shouldn't trade the #2 for anything.

xkj1985x

Jul 21, 2012
Seattle

Foles was absolutely accelerated by this particular offense. I'm just not sure he's all that great outside of this system which makes just about anybody look functional (looking at you, Matt Barkley).

I liked Foles but I cringed every time they ran a read option keeper with Foles....Chip's offense is like a foreign language (which I guess could be said for every offense) but if you have the ability to go get the guy who speaks the language as good as the coach does, you have to do it.

You bring in one of the more innovative coaches of modern day with all the side show stuff he does with sports science and such, I just would hate to see us waste him on mediocre QBs.

I'm just glad I don't have to see this anymore

Foles-slide.gif

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
The ground forced fumble is so cringe.

Barkley's injury may have nose-dived his career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad