OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Is there a plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Crabtree might play games but he is rarely 100%. He's had foot issues since his draft year.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
I wonder if the fact that there will likely be a run of DL and edge rusher early in the draft makes the possibility of Cooper or White being available for a possible trade up.

Maybe that is part of the plan we are all unclear about

Healthy Bradford running a similar offense that he had at OU
Cooper or White & Matthews as your 2 WRs
Matthews/Polk/Sproles
Ertz/Celek

As much as we have been killing Chip right now one could argue this personnel is a better fit for what he is trying to accomplish.

Bradford healthy killed it at OU with the spread quick hit offense
Cooper or White are potential #1 studs and would upgrade over Maclin
Matthews is your tough downhill, one cut back (assuming he doesn't break something signing his contract)
Ertz another year in already showing major breakout potential late last year

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
According to his wikipedia page, Bradford is an "avid ice hockey fan". His favorite team is the Canucks. So there's that.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
If Bradford is healthy he's better than Foles. There I said it. Obviously the if is a big if though. I think it's time to accept that Foles had no value around the league. Foles is going to struggle big time in St. Louis with that line they have.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
If Bradford is healthy he's better than Foles. There I said it. Obviously the if is a big if though. I think it's time to accept that Foles had no value around the league. Foles is going to struggle big time in St. Louis with that line they have.

Drunk on that kool aid.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
it really is sad how many fans are trying to talk themselves into thinking this will be anything other than a complete disaster.

I'm just waiting to hear Misanelli start rationalizing it. Every single person that called in suggesting Sam Bradford he practically hung up on. If Mariota ends up not being an Eagle we'll hear him sit there and tell us about how he had success with Shurmur and how he's a good spread quarterback.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Uh no sir. I feel like Chip Kelly might have a better grasp on football than you do.

he sure does. But that doesnt mean that people in charge of personnel never make huge mistakes. If so than players like Ponder, Tebow, Manuel, and Gabbert would have never been taken in the first round when anyone who watched them in college knew they werent nfl quarterbacks.

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros

IMO it's a no brainer that Bradford is better than Foles if healthy. The last season Bradford played he was behind a poor offense line. His RB gave him 3.9 yards a carry. His #1 WR was a man whose career high in catches is 38 for 399 yards. Despite this terrible set up to his credit Bradford (who only played 7 games) was still on pace to finish the season with 32 TD's and 9 INT's.

Though of course as of now we can't saw his weapons in the Eagles offense are much better xD

But his abilities easily exceed Foles and to his credit he is supposed to be good at reading defenses during the play where as Foles seemed like he would just wing it to a predetermined place even if it was triple coverage.

I am not saying Bradford will reclaim his draft glory and be a star but I think he will manage better than Foles.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
What about Foles last year left you with any confidence in the guy?

Im not sure what was up with Foles. In 2012 what I saw from him was he was terrible with the deep ball. remember a thursday night game against the bengals where he underthrew a receiver by 15 yards. He also didnt have the zip that was required to be an nfl qb. In 2013, both of them were significantly improved. This year he still had those but he was missing wide open receivers and was holding onto the ball too long. He was also throwing off his back foot too much. I see all of that as fixable.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Eliot Shore Parks & Jimmy Kempski still aren't buying that Mariota isn't the end game.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
it really is sad how many fans are trying to talk themselves into thinking this will be anything other than a complete disaster.

Eh I guess its more that I dont want to keep complaining for the next 6 months. Just going to sit back and see how it plays out.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
How will it be a complete disaster exactly?

Well right now our "starting" offense is:

QB: Bradford
RB: Matthews/Sproles
WR: Matthews/Cooper/Huff
TE: Ertz/Celek

I don't' care out gimmicky you are, that is not a talented roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->