OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Is there a plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
I mean I believe there is truth to the Eagles trying to get an extension worked out. If they can't find a way to get Mariota then Bradford is their man.

However, the timing is awfully peculiar. There's not shot in hell that the Eagles would agree to a contract with Bradford BEFORE the draft. Say Mariota falls to 20 but now the Eagles just signed Bradford so they're stuck with him. It could be one of many camps that are trying to put rumors out there.

It's not like Bradford is in a position to lock down a huge long term contract though, his contract would likely not have a ton of money guaranteed beyond this season. They could sign him, and if Mariota falls you have an expensive backup for him when he's ready to start.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
It's not like Bradford is in a position to lock down a huge long term contract though, his contract would likely not have a ton of money guaranteed beyond this season. They could sign him, and if Mariota falls you have an expensive backup for him when he's ready to start.

And Sanchez?

I also find it ridiculous that Bradford is dictating who he will and won't sign with and asking for a NTC. A QB that has a 18-30 record coming off two torn ACL's doesn't really have much bargaining power, IMO. Keep in mind that I like Bradford but if he's actually demanding these types of things he needs to slow his roll.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
So, would a potential trade for Jordan have helped or hindered the Mariota rumors? (as it pertains to trading Cox/Kendricks)

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Mariota here we come!

EDIT:

360.gif

Last edited:

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
And Sanchez?

I also find it ridiculous that Bradford is dictating who he will and won't sign with and asking for a NTC. A QB that has a 18-30 record coming off two torn ACL's doesn't really have much bargaining power, IMO. Keep in mind that I like Bradford but if he's actually demanding these types of things he needs to slow his roll.

I don't think it's so much him demanding it, versus him not wanting to sign a deal just to be traded to Cleveland when instead he could be a UFA next offseason.

As for the QB situation if they somehow end up with Mariota, Sanchez, and Bradford you just figure it out for a year. I mean realistically Bradford probably blows his knee out before Mariota is ready anyway so you let Sanchez stink it up for a game or two while Mariota is splitting 1st team reps.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't think it's so much him demanding it, versus him not wanting to sign a deal just to be traded to Cleveland when instead he could be a UFA next offseason.

As for the QB situation if they somehow end up with Mariota, Sanchez, and Bradford you just figure it out for a year. I mean realistically Bradford probably blows his knee out before Mariota is ready anyway so you let Sanchez stink it up for a game or two while Mariota is splitting 1st team reps.

If he signs a deal now though, the Eagles aren't trading him. They don't want to be stuck with the cap hit that would come with it.

Talks are ramping up though on twitter about Mariota.

Sal Pal (who is a dumbass) says that Mariota's camp says that it's a two team race trading up to #2 between San Diego and Philadelphia.

Nick Aliotti, Chip's Defensive Coordinator at Oregon, says that he believes Kelly is trying to get Mariota.

Tennessee is actively trying to trade the pick and are calling teams instead of the other way around.

Ben Allbright says that the draft is shaping up for Mariota to fall into the teens. Doesn't believe that teams are actually interested in Mariota, more from the fans and media.

Joe Banner says all teams between 2-5 are trading to trade back.

Continued talk that the Chargers don't want to deal Rivers and won't.

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
#12 + #19 is a good starting point

we're not going to have a 1st round pick till bout 2020 if chipper really wants to get to #2

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Daniel Jeremiah seems to think 12,19, and next year's 1st would get it done.

Tennessee with the most obvious smoke screens. I hope Chip calls their bluff. They don't want Mariota.

And Cleveland would be stupid to do it. But it is the Browns so I guess it's a possibility. As much as I dont want to get rid of Cox, Cox+20 is a better offer than 12+19.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Leonard Williams has HOF potential. The Titans are idiots if they are trade that pick unless they are getting 1st rounders until 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad