OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Is there a plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
his measurables are fine. If he was to be drafted yeah criticize him, but he has played great in the nfl .
Chip and Marynowitz have been on record saying they have a blueprint (H-W-S) for what they look for at every position and rarely ever deviate from it. Not saying its right, but that's your answer.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
his measurables are fine. If he was to be drafted yeah criticize him, but he has played great in the nfl .

In 2013 he was awful to start the year at least, like worst in the NFL statistically.

I like Kendricks. I'd like to keep him but he has trouble staying on the field and Kelly has called him out for that in the past. It isn't a crazy idea to trade him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
ILB in a 3-4 is comparable to a RB. They get all the fame and recognition, but they are only as good as the guys in front of them. You can find a quality ILB in the middle rounds.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
It's been the general sense amongst the media here since the Alonso trade took place, even if we don't get Mariota I don't think any of them would be shocked if Kendricks is moved.

I don't agree with it but I find myself not agreeing with much of what Chip has been doing this whole offseason.
Chip pretty much killed my enthusiasm for this season. I didn't even bother researching NFL prospects this year. I hope it works out, but I'm expecting this to blow up in his face.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If they stay at 20 there should be some quality prospects at positions they need- Corner, safety (preferably trade back), receiver, and even though I highly doubt he'd pull the tigger on them, Ray and Gregory are probably going to be on the board when they pick.

EDIT: O-Line too.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
if we don't trade for mariotta then i want to either give bradford another weapon or solidify the Oline. I want bradford to be in the best position possible to succeed next year.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Chip pretty much killed my enthusiasm for this season. I didn't even bother researching NFL prospects this year. I hope it works out, but I'm expecting this to blow up in his face.

Same here, I'm afraid to see what he does at the draft. I have a feeling we're going to see some off the wall picks possibly of the Oregon variety during it.

If the team stinks next year it likely will make the Murray signing pointless as I'm not really sure how much miles he has left on him.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
Assuming Boykin's on his way out that would probably mean Thurmond takes over in the slot leaving a hole at corner. You aren't finding a starting corner in the 2nd round, but some combination of Waynes, Peters, Collins, Johnson, and Jones will be on the board at 20.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I'm calling your bluff, Titans.

Flip Bradford for #19 and then throw in either '16 or '17 #1 with your #20, and you get your man Chip.

If he truly believes he's a QB who will win multiple SB's, then that price shouldn't be considered "too high"...especially if he can reload picks with other players he's looking to offset.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I don't blame Tennessee for asking for a crazy price. If I'm passing up on getting a prospect like Williams than I want to be heavily compensated otherwise I just stay put.

When you have the Browns & Chip Kelly bidding amongst others surely one of them isn't going to keep it in their pants as the clock winds down.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
I don't blame Tennessee for asking for a crazy price. If I'm passing up on getting a prospect like Williams than I want to be heavily compensated otherwise I just stay put.

When you have the Browns & Chip Kelly bidding amongst others surely one of them isn't going to keep it in their pants as the clock winds down.

Of course someone will come out and make an offer BUT I don't believe for a second that Tennesee wants Mariota. They want to move the pick for a boatload or they're going to take Williams. Then the Eagles need to look to another team to trade with and the price goes down.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm calling your bluff, Titans.

I'd probably do that. It really is only two firsts when you think about it, since you are getting one back this year. I know, I know, the consequences could be terrible and the team could be set back a decade. I'd still take the risk. Bradford can be traded for something (a first? a second? who knows?). Mychal Kendricks can be traded for something (a second? a third? who knows?). There's enough that can be done to soften the blow of those missing firsts, even if he flops. If he succeeds? Those firsts won't really be an issue, especially if we can flip Bradford and/or Kendricks for more picks. Absolutely risky. Absolutely worth the risk.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
Of course someone will come out and make an offer BUT I don't believe for a second that Tennesee wants Mariota. They want to move the pick for a boatload or they're going to take Williams. Then the Eagles need to look to another team to trade with and the price goes down.

Neither do I unless someone goes stupid which I don't think you can 100% rule out given who's involved.

It won't be as expensive but it still cost you a lot if he doesn't get out of the top 10. The best hope is he falls around the 12 spot as it lessens the chance of Chip doing something stupid.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

yesjacknicholson.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad