OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Is there a plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I don't get the accuracy thing, Bradford has been awful over his career.

Has he been inaccurate or has he had nothing to work with? In about 20 fewer games, Nick Foles is 3% more accurate than Bradford. Nick Foles has had at different times DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, Zach Ertz, LeSean McCoy and Jordan Mathews at his disposal (two #1 WRs, a #1 TE, and a pretty solid #2 TE, one of the best RBs in the league, and a solid slot WR), plus a very good OL for a good portion of his time here. Sam Bradford has had parts of seasons with Danny Amendola, Branding Gibson, Stephen Jackson, and Chris Givens. It is no guarantee, but I am willing to be a good amount of money, that if Sam Bradford was on the Eagles since day one, he would have better numbers...probably a lot better numbers. True, the argument could be made that good QBs don't need good weapons or whatever, but if you give a guy nothing to work with, chances are he's not going to put up good numbers.

Tim Tebow

Jan 25, 2012
Westeros
B_1VjfeWEAAnFZ-.jpg

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Has he been inaccurate or has he had nothing to work with? In about 20 fewer games, Nick Foles is 3% more accurate than Bradford. Nick Foles has had at different times DeSean Jackson, Jeremy Maclin, Brent Celek, Zach Ertz, LeSean McCoy and Jordan Mathews at his disposal (two #1 WRs, a #1 TE, and a pretty solid #2 TE, one of the best RBs in the league, and a solid slot WR), plus a very good OL for a good portion of his time here. Sam Bradford has had parts of seasons with Danny Amendola, Branding Gibson, Stephen Jackson, and Chris Givens. It is no guarantee, but I am willing to be a good amount of money, that if Sam Bradford was on the Eagles since day one, he would have better numbers...probably a lot better numbers. True, the argument could be made that good QBs don't need good weapons or whatever, but if you give a guy nothing to work with, chances are he's not going to put up good numbers.

That's valid.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Chip did a good job defending himself. Once again, a little dig at the media for not knowing football. Said he's seen all his passes, then went through the different types. Believes in Bradford.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I still love Chip. He's really battling with a lot of tough questions right now and has answers.

Just caught the end of it but his pressers certainly beat the hell out of Reid's.

Gotta give him this, he at least SOUNDS like he knows what he's doing.

BringBackHakstol

Oct 25, 2005
Philadelphia
I'm still giving Chip the benefit of the doubt. Some criticisms are very fair, but a lot is just over the top. Especially the ridicule in the media regarding to what he does or does not say publicly, etc.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I'm still giving Chip the benefit of the doubt. Some criticisms are very fair, but a lot is just over the top. Especially the ridicule in the media regarding to what he does or does not say publicly, etc.

The media absolutely lost it today and yesterday. Even veiled suggestions that Angelo (from a caller) should march down to Novacare and do something about it.

Chip spoke, so-- all those hours complaining and boom. There he is.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Chip did a good job defending himself. Once again, a little dig at the media for not knowing football. Said he's seen all his passes, then went through the different types. Believes in Bradford.

I think he said they watched every pass Bradford has ever thrown in the NFL. According to profootball-reference that's 1760 passes. That's a lot of popcorn and Dr Pepper.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
I feel a bit better about this after a day and hearing Chip. He does make some good points. Please look after Sam Bradford injury gods.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
The media absolutely lost it today and yesterday. Even veiled suggestions that Angelo (from a caller) should march down to Novacare and do something about it.

Chip spoke, so-- all those hours complaining and boom. There he is.

The Philadelphia media is a disgrace. The fact that they ran those 2 back page covers yesterday speaks to that.

This kid is going to come into an angry mob situation and part of that is fueled by these newspapers and talking heads that don't have the slightest clue about football.

They never learned from the Mcnabb fiasco on draft day (fueled by the idiot Angelo). Here we are, 16 *** years later and they have already built the environment for Bradford to fail much like what they did to Mcnabb in 1999.

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009

And this is what I ****ing mean. Everybody is so over the god damn top about these moves being crippling for the franchise and all this other crap when the offseason isn't over with, and they haven't they haven't even played a game yet. Worry about it if it starts to look stupid after week one. There's no point in crucifying Chip, who by the way knows a lot more about what he's doing than anybody here.

And another thing, just because I don't get all negative about everything like some other posters do doesn't mean I cant form an opinion for myself, it means I'm not an over-reactionary drama-queen about this stuff I maybe know about 13% about like everybody else here. People seem to be putting together all their assessments of Bradford from him being injured a lot (which is a valid concern) and maybe the half a game anybody here has seen him play.

Honestly, as Eagles fans, how the **** much have we seen Bradford play?

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
The Philadelphia media is a disgrace. The fact that they ran those 2 back page covers yesterday speaks to that.

This kid is going to come into an angry mob situation and part of that is fueled by these newspapers and talking heads that don't have the slightest clue about football.

They never learned from the Mcnabb fiasco on draft day (fueled by the idiot Angelo). Here we are, 16 *** years later and they have already built the environment for Bradford to fail much like what they did to Mcnabb in 1999.

This. I love Philly sports fans in general but the thing I hate our negativity. Shut the **** up ad watch the game. Get pissed if something ****** happens. Don't assume beforehand. That's how people get run out of town.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Hinkie and Chip seem to have a common philosophy when it comes to injured players.

Hinkie stated that the Sixers would not have gotten Embiid at 3 and Noel if they weren't hurt. Because of their injuries, they fell, and were able to get them.

Same for Bradford. If Bradford wasn't hurt, no way he'd be available.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Well, it was confusing, but the NFL starts back up in September. A lot can change.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
I think people are forgeting... Yea we lost our 4th but we still have picks in this draft. Now that Howie isnt running the draft show, time to see what Chip does. I know we need defense... But I wouldnt be surprised if they look hard at a WR in the 1st or 2nd round. The team had alot of needs from CB to RB to WR to S. Interested to see how they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $6,151.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino