OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Is there a plan?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
I think this BGN article does a good job breaking down the reasoning behind Bradford. It's not a kool-aid article it actually provides pretty sound reasoning on what Chip may see in Bradford and what he may bring to the offense

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2015/3/11/8187995/Eagles-trade-swapping-nick-foles-sam-bradford

Key points you really want to focus on is the Rams shifting to a quick huddle more fast break offense in 2013 (where Bradford started to experience significant success prior to the ACL)

There are also quotes from former coaches that talk about how quickly Bradford processes information which is a trait Chip makes it a priority in this offense

The more I read the more I think Bradford is the end game. I think Chip will keep his options open entering the draft and if Mariota starts to slip he may take the next step but I can see Bradford making sense from a fit standpoint

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
How will it be a complete disaster exactly?

Well for starters their best WR is Riley Cooper. They still have holes to fill at DE/OLB, S, G, RB. If they sign Matthews it might be the most injury prone backfield in recent NFL history.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
How will it be a complete disaster exactly?

They have lost their #1 RB and WR and have a QB tandem of Bradford/Sanchez and that's after missing the playoffs last year. How won't it be?

McNasty

Jan 20, 2007
Rutgers
What this does for the draft is makes the Eagles look less desperate.

I don't think it really does, if they don't announce an extension for Bradford I don't see anybody buying that they're prepared to move forward with him. Theoretically if this is a domino towards getting Mariota they have to already pretty much have the deal agreed to as long as Mariota is available at that pick.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Also on the Bradford injury thing. It is a real concern, I am not going to deny that.

But New Orleans took a similar flier on Drew Brees coming off a shoulder (and shoulders for QBs can be even worse then ACLs). I think we can all agree that the flier worked out pretty well for the Saints. And again, Bradford is a better "prospect" than Brees was from a physical talent standpoint.

So to think that moves like these never happened and don't work out is not a true statement.

We just have to sit and wait for everything to play out. I caught myself in the over-reaction train last night but there is a logic behind all of this.

The upside is significant if they get Bradford to play well. We are talking about franchise QB level. Foles does not have that ceiling.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
We'll just have to see on this, but I do expect Sanchez to start numerous games next season. Also, why is Barkley still here?

YEM

Mar 7, 2010
If I am one of the teams sitting high in the draft, it's going to take an offer that blows me away to take Bradford and give up my 1st rounder so that the Iggles can slide in there and take Mariota.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Chip just LAUGHED out loud about trading up for Mariota. Said that is a media thing. Wants to dispel the rumors "once and for all". Bradford is his QB.

Edit: Too many holes to mortgage future, works great with Howie, won't come to podium to dispel every thing in media or would be at podium all the time.

Edit: Chip saying a lot. Probably best if you listen yourself at this point.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
I still love Chip. He's really battling with a lot of tough questions right now and has answers.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
Said he tried to contact LeSean -- said trade wasn't supposed to go through till morning. Buffalo leaked it and someone told him it was all over the news. Said he let Buffalo know not happy about it. Then called LeSean ASAP but got voicemail. Still plans to call. Even called Rosenhaus. Initially wasn't even 100% sure it was going to go through.

Reiterating will not trade up.

Saying has not even looked into trading up for Mariota. No draft stuff yet at all.

Said Roseman office moved not him -- lots of people moved.

Chip said Roseman had final say on draft, aka Marcus Smith if you read between the lines.

Making fun of his title a bit. Saying only difference is final say. Claims did not have final draft say last two years. Now does. It's a group process though.

Chip claims Sam not a trade Chip "I'm the only Chip here." -paraphrasing -- it's going fast.

Van Buren Boy

--------------------
Aug 18, 2006
asked if Bradford was a chip being used to move up in the draft "Nope, i'm the only chip here" :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad