OT: Philadelphia Eagles (NFL): Draft Month (First Round - April 29th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
If he drafts Paye at 12 there’s no way Howie should be allowed to manage next year’s draft. It’s too important and he will have shown he can’t be trusted to not f*** up

Reactions: Flybynite

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I’m like irrationally irritated at reading that so close to draft night. There’s no way Paye should be the pick at 12. I love BG, but you don’t trade from 6 to 12, in a draft that can be legit 12-13 deep in good/great talent and pick up someone at 12 and hope they turn in a BG level career.

Again I love him, but he’s a good not great player and the Eagles NEED a great player at 12

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
Weird comp. BG was no where close to the same athlete. That said if you can guarantee he’ll have a career like BG they should sprint the pick in.

Not at 12, imo. Not when there would be better prospects available. Now if they trade down into the 15-20 range? Sure, I’m fine with that

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
I probably should clarify—I am talking about BG as a prospect...but I guess also BG the career. He’s been good, like I said, but not necessarily “great”. I just think there will be at least one other player available that projects as a much better player at a position that is still of great need.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
I probably should clarify—I am talking about BG as a prospect...but I guess also BG the career. He’s been good, like I said, but not necessarily “great”. I just think there will be at least one other player available that projects as a much better player at a position that is still of great need.
Do yourself a favor and go take a look at that draft and tell me who selected in that range has had a definitively better career than BG.

trigzter

Feb 3, 2011
PA
I personally want Horn or Surtain if he is gone. Id prefer a trade back if both are gone at 12

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
I personally want Horn or Surtain if he is gone. Id prefer a trade back if both are gone at 12

I have a sick feeling its going to be this kid (Paye) because of the confidence in the Eagles to trade down (which is idiotic especially if they could have picked Chase or Pitts somehow). That tells me they want to go off the board... which is insane with how poorly they have drafted.. Plus the comparison to BG just makes me think someone who isn't great at drafting but thinks they are will try and hit a Home Run with a similar pick to a previous selection they made years ago (BG)... hence Paye..

Hope i'm wrong I'd like to see Horn/Surtain or Waddle/Smith..... Howie can not f*** us again .... please don't

Reactions: trigzter

phil162888

Jul 28, 2012
Graham with 2 inch longer arms is a HOFer.
Highlight reel tape on D line players is not easy to judge but kid didn't look worthy of being picked over Surtain/Horn or Waddle/Smith.... but heh its only 10 minute highlight reel so who the hell knows.. I do agree if he has the career BG has would be great but people forget all wasn't too rosy with BG first few seasons if memory serves me correctly similar to Barnett TBH (still think he's going to break out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad