OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2019 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
So have to think the draft will most likely look like DT,DE/Linebacker,RB in the first four or so rounds. I wonder if the Bush kid from Michigan makes it to them. He would immediately be our other starting linebacker.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Schefty in 97.5 saying Howard still is a possibility. I would love to get him. Effective runner and is cheap. Have no idea what the cost would be? A 5th rounder?

Reactions: kelmitchell

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
im worried that this fo is turning back to andy reid of how they are handling the roster because of the days of when we had a good running backs, andy refuses to sign a wr and we didnt get over the hump and now, it seems like the opposite, we have good receivers and now they dont want to get a running back?

i dont get it, that's how we won the sb, we had a good running attack and receivers, i mean has this fo have gone way over their heads into thinking that throwing the ball 90 percent of the time is the way to win games? i mean look at last year when we didnt have a good running attack, both of our qbs got hurt, struggled, you just cant win like that.

if they want wentz to play right and stay healthy and give him good running backs, that's why jared goff didnt get hurt because they had good running backs and receivers, they have balance.

that's why the saints werent scared of carson wentz because they had no running attack, if that doesnt tell you anything, i dont know what is.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
im worried that this fo is turning back to andy reid of how they are handling the roster because of the days of when we had a good running backs, andy refuses to sign a wr and we didnt get over the hump and now, it seems like the opposite, we have good receivers and now they dont want to get a running back?

i dont get it, that's how we won the sb, we had a good running attack and receivers, i mean has this fo have gone way over their heads into thinking that throwing the ball 90 percent of the time is the way to win games? i mean look at last year when we didnt have a good running attack, both of our qbs got hurt, struggled, you just cant win like that.

if they want wentz to play right and stay healthy and give him good running backs, that's why jared goff didnt get hurt because they had good running backs and receivers, they have balance.

that's why the saints werent scared of carson wentz because they had no running attack, if that doesnt tell you anything, i dont know what is.

I don't think they're comparable situations. Reid/Banner were trying to win a Super Bowl with a WCO that didn't feature a star WR, which had basically never happened. "We don't have anyone who will catch 80 passes, but we have a lot of guys who will catch 40," expresses the sentiment. You just don't win Super Bowls with James Thrash as your primary WR.

You can definitely win a Super Bowl with a RB by committee where they make collectively under $4M.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018

so you take the world is ending viewpoing in sports other than hockey, nice to know.

The Lines are far more important than running back. I'd sign a good DT any day over a RB.

Reactions: Starat327

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
I don't think they're comparable situations. Reid/Banner were trying to win a Super Bowl with a WCO that didn't feature a star WR, which had basically never happened. "We don't have anyone who will catch 80 passes, but we have a lot of guys who will catch 40," expresses the sentiment. You just don't win Super Bowls with James Thrash as your primary WR.

You can definitely win a Super Bowl with a RB by committee where they make collectively under $4M.

and i have no problem with that, im just concerned that he wont add anyone and we are going to be stuck with the same players last year plus an unknown rb in the draft that could bust as well.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
We have the backup LTs, we won the SB with Big V, and Mailata is a BEAST.

Screw RBs, build the OL and the RBs will gain yards, what the Eagles need is a solid trio that have pass game skills so they can use the whole playbook whichever RB is in the game - and they must be able to pass block, no free shots on Wentz.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
We have the backup LTs, we won the SB with Big V, and Mailata is a BEAST.

Screw RBs, build the OL and the RBs will gain yards, what the Eagles need is a solid trio that have pass game skills so they can use the whole playbook whichever RB is in the game - and they must be able to pass block, no free shots on Wentz.

Alright hold up there big shootz

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
and i have no problem with that, im just concerned that he wont add anyone and we are going to be stuck with the same players last year plus an unknown rb in the draft that could bust as well.

what is today's date?
regardless running backs dont super bowls

QBs
then ol, dl and secondary wins super bowls.

john madden wrote that the old oakland raiders ranked positions by
frnachise qb
ol
then dl or corberback.

game had changed but this philosophy still rings true

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad