OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2019 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
One player I am interested in is Jalen Hurd. X top10 HS RB who went to Tennessee, did a fantastic job for 2 years but near end of his 2nd he got a concussion. Went to his coaches for a position change to WR but they said no. He left and went to Baylor, sat his first year to learn how to play WR and his senior year, first time playing WR he has over 900 yards while also adding to the ground 200 yards on 20ish carries.

Could be a weapon where you deploy him outside but can also line him up on tricky plays as a RB or even goaline. He plays like a gadget player but actually is really Good at both positions.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
One player I am interested in is Jalen Hurd. X top10 HS RB who went to Tennessee, did a fantastic job for 2 years but near end of his 2nd he got a concussion. Went to his coaches for a position change to WR but they said no. He left and went to Baylor, sat his first year to learn how to play WR and his senior year, first time playing WR he has over 900 yards while also adding to the ground 200 yards on 20ish carries.

Could be a weapon where you deploy him outside but can also line him up on tricky plays as a RB or even goaline. He plays like a gadget player but actually is really Good at both positions.
Where’s he projected to go?

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Where’s he projected to go?
Mid to late rounds. 4-7. Still has work to do understanding receiving routes.

To me that’s a gamble I’d take. He doesn’t need to be a starting receiver. Work with him closely and sprinkle him in throughout the year

Last edited:
Reactions: BigToe

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

I kind of figured you were reading Ledyard since I saw him doing Hurd film yesterday. Brad Kelly's been on him for a while too.

I think Baylor got him right -- I don't think he can play outside. He looks like a big slot to me, same as AJ Brown, but with more need to manufacture him touches by design. Won't be a fit for everyone and I'm betting he goes on Day 3 before 127, but I can see the appeal. Oddly enough, I didn't like him as a RB at all.

Reactions: sa cyred

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
Do you take him if he’s still there at 25?

yes

infact he might be the guy they trade up for.

the fact they dined with the guy is telling. he met with other teams but he chose to meet them at dinner.

However I wouldn't give to much as he is recovering from ACL

Last edited:

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
It be another risk with his ACL, we have alot of those on this team.

I'd feel better about it if he would be in the 2nd.
I don't think he lasts in the 2nd round. THe eagles are one of the few teams without many glaring holes that we could afford to take a risk with this selection, i just feel there is going to be better opportunities to secure an impact player than this. If we trade back he could be a candidate.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Do you take him if he’s still there at 25?

I'd rather try to trade down slightly out of the 1st and then potentially move back up from 53 if he was the target. I don't know how to explain why without going into a subject I'm really trying to avoid for obvious reasons, so here goes.

There's video of him in high school striking a woman on the ground. He says she made a comment about a deceased family member. From all public accounts and whispers, he's been a model citizen at MSU. I'm not condoning anything he did.

The NFL Draft is a media blitz. The 1st rounder is your headliner with the possible exception of teams with multiple firsts, so maybe he's in play to the Raiders at 27 or the Packers at 30 (less likely), but I'm not sure a team will want to come out of the draft with the lead story being that video. You cannot have the story be you traded up for that video. Can't happen.

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
If Clement or Smallwood can catch the ball out of the backfield, I like the looks of Howard as the feature back, Clement/Smallwood as the change of pace guys, and Adams as the heavy back a la Blount. Adams still needs to prove himself though.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Jordan Howard last year was barely worth a roster spot. Ugh. At least it wasn't an overpay. Now maybe people will stop arguing for Jacobs at 25. I'm not sure I even have him RB1.

Hey @LegionOfDoom91 , where are you on Miles Sanders? I only went back to watch him after the testing, so I don't know if it colored my thoughts. He looked every bit as good as Jacobs to me, but I know you've seen much more of him.

Last edited:

flyguy

Sean Cubeturier
Dec 28, 2004
Anchorage, Alaska
Jordan Howard last year was barely worth a roster spot. Ugh. At least it wasn't an overpay.

Now maybe people will stop arguing for Jacobs at 25. I'm not sure I even have him RB1.

Howard was a workhorse for the Bears for two seasons. A new coach, and an impressive rookie to compete against changed things for him. I think a change in scenery will help him get back to form. He's only 24.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad