OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2019 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Had to be the low point of my eagles fandom. The fallout from that incident was bad. Espn, Usa Today, Sport illustrated just ripped the vet and it killed any shot at attracting free agents to Philly. It was one of the most brutal injuries I ever saw and whenever I think of the Turf , its the only thing I think of.

Yep. We had the exact same field situation in St. Louis with Busch Stadium, but the football team left in 84 or whenever it was, which ended the chances of anyone getting destroyed on it. Vince Coleman's injury was from the tarp machine, so even that didn't count. There was no place on Earth worse to sit in than Busch Stadium during the summer - it was like being in a ****ing Dutch oven. One game I went to against the Phillies, Mike Schmidt hit one nine rows up in the upper deck there - the hardest hit baseball I have ever seen in my life, by far.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Looking back it's hard to believe they made men play football in that shithole.

I remember the year the Eagles went 8-0 at the Vet, '92 I believe, and half of those games the other team just wanted to quit after the first quarter or so. They beat the Broncos 30-3 and it had to be one of the worst games of Elway's career.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
my first eagles game at the vet was '85 or '86, it was against the redskins while sitting in the cheap seats. The smell of stale beer, piss, puke and seeing out of shape grown men trying to punch each other's lights out while shit faced was amusing to my 10 year old self.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Nope, NFL allows roll over, I think you have to spend a certain amount over a set period of time.
Roseman will use more of it, he's not finished making moves, but he likes to have the cap room to have options.
Something Holmgren never figured out.

NHL should allow cap rollover, so should the other sports leagues, it solves the rebuild problem where you go young for a few years, and have a low payroll simply from dealing your veterans - why force that team to waste money on bad veterans when they can use that cap room in a few years to lock up their core young players? The players as a whole still get paid, but the money goes to the better players.

Reactions: JojoTheWhale

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
There's no limit. The Browns rolled over ~56 MM this year for example.

The only rule is that you have meet a Cash Spending threshold equal to 89% of the salary cap between 2017 and 2020.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
my first eagles game at the vet was '85 or '86, it was against the redskins while sitting in the cheap seats. The smell of stale beer, piss, puke and seeing out of shape grown men trying to punch each other's lights out while **** faced was amusing to my 10 year old self.

Those are important experiences you that day became a guy.

I miss those days

Reactions: montreal

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
There's no limit. The Browns rolled over ~56 MM this year for example.

The only rule is that you have meet a Cash Spending threshold equal to 89% of the salary cap between 2017 and 2020.
I think they might try to roll over around 12-14 million. It will help with Carson’s extension next year.

Reactions: Jtown

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I think they might try to roll over around 12-14 million. It will help with Carson’s extension next year.
Extension doesn't kick in next year, 5th year rookie option for like 22M. Unless Howie structures it some weird way, I'm pretty sure he did so with Lane Johnson a few years ago.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell Wants to See DirecTV's 'Sunday Ticket' on 'Multiple Platforms'

Finally what I been hoping for. NFL Sunday Ticket will soon be available more platforms besides Directv.

Directv deal ends 2022 but NFL can pull out after this season coming up.

Looks like they are going to give directv an option to keep their deal but give up the exclusive rights. Finally that will open the door to Streaming or cable providers to get it.

Amazon, Apple are among hoping to get it. I'm not sure if comcast or Fios would get it but all the above will finally have the opportunity.

achdumeingute

Jun 28, 2011
NorCal
Nope, NFL allows roll over, I think you have to spend a certain amount over a set period of time.
Roseman will use more of it, he's not finished making moves, but he likes to have the cap room to have options.
Something Holmgren never figured out.

NHL should allow cap rollover, so should the other sports leagues, it solves the rebuild problem where you go young for a few years, and have a low payroll simply from dealing your veterans - why force that team to waste money on bad veterans when they can use that cap room in a few years to lock up their core young players? The players as a whole still get paid, but the money goes to the better players.
If bad players get more, better players get paid higher.

Just don't sign mediocre players to bad deals and you are fine.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
It’s been speculated for a while now he’d be retiring soon. He pretty much accomplished everything from an individual & team standpoint. He was setting aside his contract money all this time & living on his endorsement money.

Reactions: Cody Webster
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad