OT: Philadelphia Eagles: 2019 Free Agency Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

usahockey22flyers

2 years away from being 2 years away
Nov 9, 2009
Philly
I'm thinking about splurging my money on Eagles season tickets....can someone explain to me like a 5 year old how I do this?

I've been on the waitlist for like 5 years, to no availability (understandable).

If I buy a SBL (Official Philadelphia Eagles Stadium Builder License Marketplace Buy & Sell Eagles Stadium Builder Licenses) from someone lets say in ---section 105 row 20 seat 2----, does that basically mean I am "skipping the line" and now I have a right to that season ticket year after year?

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Brain_9392dd_49679.gif

Reactions: baudib1

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
If that's cheap, it makes sense. He's not the same guy from 2016/7 anymore, but they couldn't go into the year with a Corey Graham type as their 3rd Safety. It bit them in the ass time and time again.

Pretty sure his option was declined, so that would mean he counts against comp picks. Guessing it's an Ajayi/Wiz cancellation.

sa cyred

Running Data Models
Sep 11, 2007
SJ
Agreed. Prob not a full time starter but with Jenkins-McCloud he doesn’t need to be. No matter what he’s better than Corey.

Reactions: PHILOUDELPHIA

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
What do you guys think of the Darby signing? I kinda hate Mills but is Darby the best they could do?

CB has traditionally been such a strong position for the Eagles, this has to be the worst state they've been in, in years.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Darby is the best guy they have but he is overrated. They obviously don't believe in Douglas or Jones all that much to bring him back coming off of that injury. The Eagles haven't been good at corner since they had Sheldon with Lito and Samuel when Lito left. Since then it's been a nightmare. Awesomewa, Bradley Fletcher, Carey Williams, Nolan Carroll, Byron Maxwell, etc etc.

Sendejo was an upgrade for the 3rd safety position which is a spot Schwartz uses a lot. I wouldn't be surprised to see Maddox used at S as well. They could use Sendejo as an extra guy in the box and Maddox in coverage depending on the situation. Along with Jenkins and McLeod back at least the safety position should be good.

Reactions: Schwarbomb

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Samuel made it to 2011 ... Nnamdi and DRC were terribly disappointing.

You can actually stretch the lineage back to Eric Allen (1988), although for most of his career the other CB was someone bad like Mark McMillian. The one year they had a good corner (Ben Smith) opposite him they had the greatest defense of all time.

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
Samuel made it to 2011 ... Nnamdi and DRC were terribly disappointing.

You can actually stretch the lineage back to Eric Allen (1988), although for most of his career the other CB was someone bad like Mark McMillian. The one year they had a good corner (Ben Smith) opposite him they had the greatest defense of all time.

Ben Smith is one of the most disappointing stories in Philly sports.

He could have been a great player, even better than Eric Allen.
That one season he arguably was better than Allen. The game against the Niners he shut down Jerry Rice.

Then he hurt his knee and frankly was lazy with rehabilitation.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Yeah and if they could have had him or Bobby Taylor a few years earlier then those early 1990s seasons could have been totally different. Instead we had a 5-7 guy covering Michael Irvin.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
What do you guys think of the Darby signing? I kinda hate Mills but is Darby the best they could do?

CB has traditionally been such a strong position for the Eagles, this has to be the worst state they've been in, in years.

Darby was the best Corner on the market of any style unless you're going to assume Verrett will stay healthy, which sadly isn't reasonable. Of course if he could stay healthy, he'd never have hit the market anyway. Beyond that, you're probably looking at Bryce Callahan being next best, and Darby's been clearly better.

They have so damn many bodies that I wouldn't expect a high pick to be used on one either. Mills just isn't particularly good, Jones can't stay healthy and clearly doesn't have the same burst he did at Washington when he was already borderline, etc. Douglas played well enough down the stretch to deserve a shot. They seem to like Cre'von Leblanc too.

I do think the Sendejo signing means Maddox isn't likely to move to Safety by preference, but we'll probably know for sure around pick 57 if that's the case.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
Birds have been through this "hope for injured CB to come back healthy" thing a few times now right? Doesn't seem to ever work out. I wonder if that's a thing.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
I'm thinking about splurging my money on Eagles season tickets....can someone explain to me like a 5 year old how I do this?

I've been on the waitlist for like 5 years, to no availability (understandable).

If I buy a SBL (Official Philadelphia Eagles Stadium Builder License Marketplace Buy & Sell Eagles Stadium Builder Licenses) from someone lets say in ---section 105 row 20 seat 2----, does that basically mean I am "skipping the line" and now I have a right to that season ticket year after year?

FYI. I was on the STH for 14 years before I got tickets. I went on the list in Andy Reid's first season and got tickets in Chip Kelly's first season.

Buy the SBL, then you have the right to purchase the tickets for those seats.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ

Why buy SBLs on the Marketplace?In order to purchase season tickets for some of the best lower level seats, club seats, and upper level seats, you are required to purchase SBLs, but the Ticket Office is often sold out. You can purchase SBLs from a current season ticket holder and become the new season ticket holder for all future seasons, subject to the terms of the applicable Ticket Agreement.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I was reading from the site you posted. Here is an important message if you purchase an SBL. I believe this will answer your question to. I might do this.

If you can purchase an SBL from a current SBL owner you will become the new season ticket holder for all future seasons.

Reactions: usahockey22flyers

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
FYI. I was on the STH for 14 years before I got tickets. I went on the list in Andy Reid's first season and got tickets in Chip Kelly's first season.

Buy the SBL, then you have the right to purchase the tickets for those seats.

How much did your seats cost for the season and did you get a SBL to if so how much was that also?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Sendejo is more of a box safety/nickel LB type, Maddox is a FS.
So they don't really compete for the same role.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Sendejo is more of a box safety/nickel LB type, Maddox is a FS.
So they don't really compete for the same role.

Yeah, I could have phrased that better.

They're not going to carry 5 Safeties of any type. Jenkins and McLeod are locks and many signs point toward interest in using 25 or slightly lower on a trade down on another Safety (Adderley, CGJ) or lower round guys like Wingard and Zedrick Woods.

I meant it only from the angle of them not looking for another body back there if their design was that Maddox is a full-time FS, which will crystallize after we see what strengths the guy they draft has. I can't imagine them not adding one in April given the strength of the class combined with their visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad