OT: Philadelphia 76ers: The tank is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Amazing that both this and Lebron to Miami came in CBA negotiation years. This could end up changing a lot more than a couple of Finals results.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Does OKC deal Westbrook now, or is that just too much to deal a fanbase in one offseason?
That's true, a super team like this will generate a lot of interest. But would there be more money to be gained if more than two teams in the NBA had a legitimate chance at the title this year? Not really sure.
Does OKC deal Westbrook now, or is that just too much to deal a fanbase in one offseason?
They probably should. He's likely gone next summer.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I think they had 15m plus for the end of the Western Conference Finals.

That sounds pretty meaty. I wish I could get into the NBA, as it would give me something else to watch and care about, but I just can't - I've tried so many times, but I just can't get past the sort of "pick-up game" quality of it, which is entirely the fault of the 24-second clock IMO. I also resent the way so many people act like basketball matters and hockey is second-rate, which I find laughable.

Anyway, no offense to anyone who likes it - I was just bored and popped into this thread to see what was going on.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Are the Warriors able to afford KD without making room? I was reading some posts on twitter that teams aren't planning doing business with GSW (trading Bogut?) so this doesn't happen.

Edit: This may be a completely stupid question, but I don't know if it's an actual possibility lol.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Are the Warriors able to afford KD without making room? I was reading some posts on twitter that teams aren't planning doing business with GSW (trading Bogut?) so this doesn't happen.

Edit: This may be a completely stupid question, but I don't know if it's an actual possibility lol.
Well they just renounced Barnes and Ezeli, so they are both gone. Now they just have to dump Bogut on some team.

Curry/Livingston
Thompson
Durant/Iguodala
Green/Looney
Jones

There's going to be several veteran players willing to take the minimum contracts so they'll be able to fill out the roster.

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
I pretty much just watch a little bit of the Sixers, then the NBA Finals. Cleveland and the Golden State will match-up in the Finals again next year and the NBA will think they did something great.

The max contract needs to be eliminated in the NBA or increased to a point where you can only afford one max contract without losing the ability to field a full roster. Its amazing that DFS basketball has gotta a better understanding of how to work a salary cap than the actual NBA.

The NBA is terrible right now.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
Well they just renounced Barnes and Ezeli, so they are both gone. Now they just have to dump Bogut on some team.

Curry/Livingston
Thompson
Durant/Iguodala
Green/Looney
Jones

There's going to be several veteran players willing to take the minimum contracts so they'll be able to fill out the roster.

Word is the Mavs are in on Bogut. I guess my wishful thinking is nil.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey

To answer your question yes as explained on TV today. It sounds like they have four core players locked up and with the cap jumping up again next year they will be able to handle Curry.

cheesesteak

Jul 3, 2011
Yeah its a joke a team can have Curry, Durant, Thompson, Green, and Igodala...While other teams might have one player as good as Igodala. I always root against the stacked team and the nba has been a joke in this regard forever.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
The NBA may have done themselves in by raising the salary cap like this. The league is already heavily tilted towards favoring 4 or 5 teams at the top of the league while the rest doesn't stand a chance. The fact that the Warriors can reasonably afford to keep Curry, Thompson, Green, Iguodala and now Durant is preposterous.

I always enjoy watching the finals and I follow the Sixers generally but there's virtually no point of a regular season at this rate. Everybody knows who will end up in the conference finals.

Roo Mad Bro

U havin a giggle m8?
Dec 6, 2010
PA
Sixers Summer League on tonight vs Celtics.

7 PM on TCN/NBATV.

Ben Simmons first game in Sixers jersey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad