OT: Philadelphia 76ers: The tank is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
I'm no GM but if you can get Rubio for cheap why not?

I think they are looking for a PG that can shoot a little bit. Rubio's game never really developed that way.

I would not mind taking a risk on him specially since they still need G depth on this roster but I would not make him the centerpiece of a Noel/Oak trade.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'm okay with the Bayless signing. The money in FA has been crazy this year (as expected), just scrolling through twitter to see some of the money mediocre players are getting paid is really something.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
I don't want to sound like a broken record but I hope they go after Crabbe. It's a pretty rare situation. A good young player that fits your roster and is most likely not going to have a significant offer sheet matched. I can't find an accurate indicator of current cap space, but the Sixers have to be one of only a handful of teams that could make it happen. Get him in town for a visit and get him to sign.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Luol Deng signed with the Lakers. Next year's pick has to convey right? No way they will be Bottom 3 bad?

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Brace yourselves. 36 year old Crawford signing could be imminent:

Michael K-B ‏@therealmikekb 15m15 minutes ago
Jamal Crawford just followed Ben Simmons & Joel Embiid. Spoke yesterday on @NBATV about how he wouldn't mind joining a young team as a vet.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I mean, whatever. They need to pay someone, right? At least it will be short on term.

EDIT: Yikes. 40 percent from the field, 34 from three. Ok, so other than term, perhaps he's not much better as a fit than Waiters.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Crawford, like Bayless, both space the floor and would take a portion of ball handling duties. They don't want to overload Simmons and want to give him and the other bigs more space. They're both high character players as well.

I wouldn't mind Crawford on a 1 year deal. http://www.latimes.com/sports/clippers/la-sp-clippers-report-20160418-story.html

I don't get the Rondo rumors. His skill set doesn't fit and is locker room poison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad