Not open for further replies.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
these are my predictions

paul george signs with the lakers
lebron james goes back to cleveland for 1 more year
kawhi leonard is back in san antonio
the sixers bring back jj reddick, ersan ilyasova, and mario hezonja to one 1 year deals.

lebron, kawhi, and kyrie are all free agents next summer and all of this madness repeats itself again.

i just don't see the sixers committing long term dollars to a guy like tyreke evans or trevor ariza.

Reactions: Cody Webster

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Since @The Madrigal decided to send me a pm about the Simmons v. Ingram stuff, I figured i'd reply here.

I did see the previous post up thread, but thought little of it. We were all observant, a dated article won't change my opinion as you're content to stay in your camp as well.

But to play along, here is another dated article with an opposing slant.

Observations: Ben Simmons is the easy choice at No. 1 over Brandon Ingram

I gave zero f***s after that back and forth, but because you wanted to send me a message for some odd reason, here is one last f*** to give for you.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
There was a "report" that Lebron was hesitant to be the first star to sign with LA. Aka a leak from his agency to tell the Lakers to get their **** together and move Lonzo for someone.

Message received.

The only team that's in a hurry is the Lakers. This is going to be incredibly interesting. SA could get a haul and a half.

Also lends credence to the PG might stay rumors.

Last edited:

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I don't have any expectations about these guys coming to the Sixers, but I'm fascinated to know how this plays out.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Message received.

The only team that's in a hurry is the Lakers. This is going to be incredibly interesting. SA could get a haul and a half.

Also lends credence to the PG might stay rumors.

The Spurs could probably rebuild their team if they’re willing to trade him to the Lakers.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Some guy said he heard on the Philly radio that Sixers offered Saric, Fultz or Roco, Smith and the Heat unprotected pick for Kawhi.

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Didn't LeBron's friend post all these tweets today talking about LeBron going to LA? He did the same thing when he was going back to Cleveland

Last edited:
Reactions: JojoTheWhale

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
So I'm not sure how reliable this information may be, but I heard that someone in Lebron's camp visited Salesianum this week.

Reactions: Rebels57

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I think Boston could beat that offer if they wanted to.
Brown = Saric
Smart or Rozier > Roco
Roberts < Smith
Future first from the Celtics < 2021 Heat first round pick

So if Boston offers up Brown, Smart, Roberts, and a future first I don't think that beats the proposes Sixers offer. I suppose San Antonio could prefer that but I'd be really surprised. The Celtics aren't going to give up Tatum so unless they are giving up Brown, Smart, Rozier, and a first I don't think they beat that.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Boston could offer Hayward + Rozier + ?. They have the Grizzlies 1st round pick, it’s protected for the next two years and then unprotected in 2021. If they really wanted to they could even add Brown to Hayward and Rozier. I’d take that over anything the Sixers could offer short of including Simmons or Embiid.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Boston could offer Hayward + Rozier + ?. They have the Grizzlies 1st round pick, it’s protected for the next two years and then unprotected in 2021. If they really wanted to they could even add Brown to Hayward and Rozier. I’d take that over anything the Sixers could offer short of including Simmons or Embiid.
Well yeah if they want to gut their team and give up Hayward, Brown, and another asset sure they can beat the offer. I'm trying to look at it realistically though as I seriously doubt they would do that. I could be wrong though.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
I just don't see the Spurs trading him to the Lakers.

A. They were their biggest rivals.
B. It is in conference
C. Not giving in to his demands
D. You are helping create a super team in your conference

So either is traded east or plays for them next year.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
I just don't see the Spurs trading him to the Lakers.

A. They were their biggest rivals.
B. It is in conference
C. Not giving in to his demands

So either is traded east or plays for them next year.
I don't either, unless they absolutely covet Ingram and Ball and the Lakers absolutely blow them away with an offer.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Well yeah if they want to gut their team and give up Hayward, Brown, and another asset sure they can beat the offer. I'm trying to look at it realistically though as I seriously doubt they would do that. I could be wrong though.

The thing that makes it feasible in my mind is that Hayward, Brown, and Tatum all play the same position as Kawhi. So even if they give up two of those guys they still have great depth at that position. It kind of depends on how they see their roster shaping up. If they see Tatum playing the 4 and Brown the 2, they probably wouldn’t want to do it.

But I do think Boston has more high value assets to offer than the Sixers, especially since the Sixers two highest value assets are off the table (we hope). In Boston’s case probably only Kyrie is off the table.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
The thing that makes it feasible in my mind is that Hayward, Brown, and Tatum all play the same position as Kawhi. So even if they give up two of those guys they still have great depth at that position. It kind of depends on how they see their roster shaping up. If they see Tatum playing the 4 and Brown the 2, they probably wouldn’t want to do it.

But I do think Boston has more high value assets to offer than the Sixers, especially since the Sixers two highest value assets are off the table (we hope). In Boston’s case probably only Kyrie is off the table.
I don't disagree with any of this. I'd be really surprised to see them give up both Hayward and Brown for a potential one year rental but maybe they would.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I don't disagree with any of this. I'd be really surprised to see them give up both Hayward and Brown for a potential one year rental but maybe they would.

Oh hold up here. I’m not talking about a one year rental. I’m assuming a sign and trade. I wouldn’t give up anything of real value otherwise. If the Sixers give up Saric or Fultz for rental Kawhi I will personally drive to the Sixers practice facility and let all the air out of Brett Brown’s tires. With a knife.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Oh hold up here. I’m not talking about a one year rental. I’m assuming a sign and trade. I wouldn’t give up anything of real value otherwise. If the Sixers give up Saric or Fultz for rental Kawhi I will personally drive to the Sixers practice facility and let all the air out of Brett Brown’s tires. With a knife.
I am operating/posting under the assumption that Kawhi will not sign an extension with his new team if he is traded, at least until next summer anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad