OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
Stupid, doesn't matter who they add, Sixers are two years away.
Embiid has to get in shape, practice with the team and become more efficient on offense.
Simmonds has to develop a reliable intermediate shot.
Fultz has to regain his 3 point shot.
When those three are ready, Sixers can ball with anyone without adding a superstar.
But they'll need affordable complementary players - look at James try to carry a bunch of stiffs past GS.

what makes you think simmonds will develop a shot? Its been an issue for quite some time for him with no improvement. if anything their has been regression. Simmons needs to just focus on becoming a 75 percent ft shooter that is it.

FatTugboatFlahr

Apr 6, 2012
Philadelphia
what makes you think simmonds will develop a shot? Its been an issue for quite some time for him with no improvement. if anything their has been regression. Simmons needs to just focus on becoming a 75 percent ft shooter that is it.
I think it would be naive to write off someone as talented and Ben. He has too much touch to just assume his shot won’t improve, especially with his FT shooting in the playoffs; Small sample size, but I don’t think that was a fluke.

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017
Honestly would not do that. If Kawhi leaves after next year the Sixers would be absolutely screwed.

you really think celtics and sixers would bother to put in a trade offer if they knew he wasnt going to resign? im not buying this media crap over la because the players never come out and said i want to play this team or that team. it's all media bias with the lakers, so no i dont believe that kawhi will leave, no teams would be going after him if he serious about it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think it would be naive to write off someone as talented and Ben. He has too much touch to just assume his shot won’t improve, especially with his FT shooting in the playoffs; Small sample size, but I don’t think that was a fluke.

ben simmons is 21 years of age. He is a son of a former professional basketball player. He has been a widely known propsect for quite some time. To believe this offseason is the first offseason in which he realized his jumpshot needs improvement is naive. also understand this is not his first nba offseason but his 2nd. There has been nothing but regression in his shot. In the beginning of the season i Held out hope that he would be able to improve, but as the season went on and he continuted to avoid taking shots from distance it was clear that its just not apart of his game.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Stupid, doesn't matter who they add, Sixers are two years away.
:laugh: So LeBron and/or Kawhi Leonard doesnt make the Sixers contenders?
I've always said getting one of these guys is a pipe dream but the crazy thing is, this team still might be a dynasty without them.

Jo was a top 5 player this year. Ben was a top 20 player. And both were rookies basically in terms of games played.

Gotta kick the tires on something like this even if you stop short of selling the farm its worth consideration

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I've always said getting one of these guys is a pipe dream but the crazy thing is, this team still might be a dynasty without them.

Jo was a top 5 player this year. Ben was a top 20 player. And both were rookies basically in terms of games played.

Gotta kick the tires on something like this even if you stop short of selling the farm its worth consideration

Dynasty might be a little strong but I would expect this team to be serious contenders for years without adding any big stars. Embiid and Simmons should both be top 10 players in a year or two. Fultz should be heading in that direction too. How many teams have three young stars of that quality? And Dario is looking like a legit NBA stretch 4 who is also a great "glue guy".

tucson83

Sep 30, 2017

if lebron couldnt beat the warriors, assuming fultz isnt anything, simmons and embiid arent enough to beat the warriors, not even the celtics when they get their players back. i wish some fans would just be more open minded that this team needs more than embiid and simmons and picking in 15 and 20 range is not going to change anything. that's why the raptors are just a playoff team because they dont have enough and until the sixers get at least two more stars, they are not going to win a title.

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
if lebron couldnt beat the warriors, assuming fultz isnt anything, simmons and embiid arent enough to beat the warriors, not even the celtics when they get their players back. i wish some fans would just be more open minded that this team needs more than embiid and simmons and picking in 15 and 20 range is not going to change anything. that's why the raptors are just a playoff team because they dont have enough and until the sixers get at least two more stars, they are not going to win a title.
I have a feeling im gonna get a lot of mileage out of this gif
giphy.gif

Dont compare this years Cavs to the Sixers next year or in the forseaable future. Dont compare the Raptors to the Sixers. Different situations.

You say they need more than Simmons and Embiid. I agree.
That's why you go after the best player in the world. That's why you got after Kawhi. That's why you snag the Miami pick in 2021.

Read my posts next time please before responding with nothing.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Butler would be a option next year if we strike out this year. Would’ve been great if BC had traded for him last year and we would still own the Kings pick.
Imagine that we have Butler now and then add Kawhi. Team would look so good.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014

Just like in the Flyers threads, why does anyone bother replying to this troll?

Reactions: Lotusflower

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If you strike out, I say just bring back JJ and take another chance next year for a third star.

Maybe Fultz explodes onto the scene and you don't need anybody

I know I'm in the minority among Sixers fans but that's been my preference all along. See what you have in Fultz before making any drastic changes.

Reactions: Rebels57

Lotusflower

Dec 23, 2013
Butler would be a option next year if we strike out this year. Would’ve been great if BC had traded for him last year and we would still own the Kings pick.
Imagine that we have Butler now and then add Kawhi. Team would look so good.
I understand this sentiment from a value standpoint sure but behind Paul George Butler is probably the most overrated star in the game.

Toxic in the lockerroom and demands a star's touches despite being consistently inefficient.
Once again, you already have 2 elite defenders in Ben and Jo, so Butler/George's main impact would conceivably be as an iso scoring threat.
Good luck winning a title with Jimmy Butler as your primary iso scoring threat
everyone wants to go to los angeles to get with the kardashians and make the cover of the enquirer and be on tmz. #chasing fame and misfortune
Circadian Rhythms my friend. Southern Cal/Bay Area is just a world away from the midwest and esp the East Coast.
If you have the option to go there, enjoy the weather and soak up the glamour why wouldnt you.

Reactions: Jtown

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
I understand this sentiment from a value standpoint sure but behind Paul George Butler is probably the most overrated star in the game.

Toxic in the lockerroom and demands a star's touches despite being consistently inefficient.
Once again, you already have 2 elite defenders in Ben and Jo, so Butler/George's main impact would conceivably be as an iso scoring threat.
Good luck winning a title with Jimmy Butler as your primary iso scoring threat

Circadian Rhythms my friend. Southern Cal/Bay Area is just a world away from the midwest and esp the East Coast.
If you have the option to go there, enjoy the weather and soak up the glamour why wouldnt you.
Butler carries the Wolves on his back last year, did they win when he was out? They sucked, that team doesn’t play defense. PG is overrated to me but we can agree to disagree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad