OT: Philadelphia 76ers: Taking Our Talents To The Offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I know I'm in the minority among Sixers fans but that's been my preference all along. See what you have in Fultz before making any drastic changes.

The last I heard Fultz wasn't in any package to SA. So if some crazy chance they do get Kawhi and/or Lebron, Fultz is here next year.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
The last I heard Fultz wasn't in any package to SA. So if some crazy chance they do get Kawhi and/or Lebron, Fultz is here next year.

That’s not what I meant. We don’t know what we have in Fultz at this point. Take next year to find out. The team has two bona-fide stars already. Maybe he’s the third, in which case you might not need to go “star hunting”. Basically, there is no urgency to score a big star this offseason.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
That’s not what I meant. We don’t know what we have in Fultz at this point. Take next year to find out. The team has two bona-fide stars already. Maybe he’s the third, in which case you might not need to go “star hunting”. Basically, there is no urgency to score a big star this offseason.

Urgency, no, but you have to take the chance to add the players when they are available, you just never know if they'll ever come back on the market. Sixers are in prime chance, if you add Kawhi or Lebron, they are a borderline Super Team.

I'm not saying sell the farm to do it, you try your best, if it doesn't pan out, ok, move on. But you can't sit on the sidelines when this type of talent is available.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Urgency, no, but you have to take the chance to add the players when they are available, you just never know if they'll ever come back on the market. Sixers are in prime chance, if you add Kawhi or Lebron, they are a borderline Super Team.

I'm not saying sell the farm to do it, you try your best, if it doesn't pan out, ok, move on. But you can't sit on the sidelines when this type of talent is available.

I’m not sure what type of talent you’re thinking of, but this is the type of talent I’m talking about. Two #1 overall picks and a third who would have gone #1 if he hadn’t gotten injured. How many other teams have that type of talent? I’m pretty sure the answer is zero.

There are free agents available every year. These three players are not the only three great or good players in the league.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
I’m not sure what type of talent you’re thinking of, but this is the type of talent I’m talking about. Two #1 overall picks and a third who would have gone #1 if he hadn’t gotten injured. How many other teams have that type of talent? I’m pretty sure the answer is zero.

There are free agents available every year. These three players are not the only three great or good players in the league.

Lebron is arguably the greatest of all time and still really good. You always take that shot.

Reactions: Ruck Over and Jtown

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
I understand this sentiment from a value standpoint sure but behind Paul George Butler is probably the most overrated star in the game.

Toxic in the lockerroom and demands a star's touches despite being consistently inefficient.
Once again, you already have 2 elite defenders in Ben and Jo, so Butler/George's main impact would conceivably be as an iso scoring threat.
Good luck winning a title with Jimmy Butler as your primary iso scoring threat

Circadian Rhythms my friend. Southern Cal/Bay Area is just a world away from the midwest and esp the East Coast.
If you have the option to go there, enjoy the weather and soak up the glamour why wouldnt you.
got any maps to the stars you can sell me cheap lol

Reactions: Ruck Over

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
got any maps to the stars you can sell me cheap lol
Jimmy Butler and Paul George aint stars worth chasing in my opinion. You go after those guys only after you strike out on LeBron/Kawhi types.

I wouldnt trade Jo for Butler AND George. Jo is already more impactful than both of them. Simmons might be there as soon as next year.
Obviously if you could have snagged one on free agency for just cap space and kept our picks that mightve been ideal yet both those guys are lockkerroom anchor-weights so even that's questionable.

Butler barely threatened LeBron when he played them in the playoffs in the East, he'll get nothing done out West

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
on a side note - I think the modern use of GOAT is garbage and intellectually childish; and I find it obnoxious particularly when it boils down to "who has the most rings"

So many years have been played in each professional sport that you really need to argue - Best of An Era.

Lebron is the best of his era
Brady is the best of his era.
Jordan was the best of his era
Wilt was the best of his era
Montan was the best of his era
Unitas was the best of his era.

But that certainly doesn't mean that they're the best ever. Back in the 80's you could probably argue Wilt was the best ever or Jim brown was the best football player ever but at this point there's been multiple generations/

Perhaps you could argue Federer and Nadal are the best ever because of their Grand Slams but I'd still argue we'd have to analyze other players like Borg, Sampras, Rod Laver and take different things into account for the proper context.

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Jimmy Butler and Paul George aint stars worth chasing in my opinion. You go after those guys only after you strike out on LeBron/Kawhi types.

I wouldnt trade Jo for Butler AND George. Jo is already more impactful than both of them. Simmons might be there as soon as next year.
Obviously if you could have snagged one on free agency for just cap space and kept our picks that mightve been ideal yet both those guys are lockkerroom anchor-weights so even that's questionable.

Butler barely threatened LeBron when he played them in the playoffs in the East, he'll get nothing done out West
i was only responding to to last part of your post after my quote. sorry i should have specified that.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Paul George resigns with OKC. Huge blow to the Lakers

giphy.gif

Reactions: Ruck Over

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
Ersan finessed us.
Took the ATL buyout, played a couple months on an actually good team to boost his stock, then took the MIL deal to be with his family.

Cant blame him. Truly professional.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
So stretching Carmelo is now a savings of what? ~100 MM in real money? Send him to the Lakers at the min. Kill that team too.

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
Lakers interested in Cousins now. They can sign him and LBJ then trade for Melo and form that big 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad