Status
Not open for further replies.

Les Averman

Mar 3, 2015
Pittsburgh, PA
Summer Hypothetical
If you had to dump one of these players who would it be and why?:

Holmes/TLC/Korkmaz/Andersen
Korkmaz, I just think he has the least value at this point. Hasn't shown that he can compete at this level. Holmes would be #2 just because he doesn't seem to be a fit on this team although I like him as an energy big.
I still have some belief in TLC to blossom into a good wing off the bench who can play both sides of the court. Andersen is a good energy guy who showed some value in the playoffs. Also best friends with Jojo

Reactions: Harold Bingo

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
After having some time to think about the move on thursday night I still dislike it and think it was a mistake.

Bridges was a guy at a greater position of need who was ready to step right in and contribute. Smith has more upside but is a riskier pick by far and likely wont contribute a lot this year.

If they use that heat pick get a really good player this summer my opinion might change. For a team on the cusp of being a contender in the east though Im not seeing it.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Revisionist history in full effect. Prime example of personal bias influencing people's opinions. Ben was the consensus number 1 all year and then people started to pick apart his game leading up to the draft and question him for LSU's lack of success. He was still the odds on favorite to go number 1 but Ingram was firmly in the conversation.

I dont like Colangelo either but im also not going to be ignorant as a result.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Both can be true in a way. In fact, I think they were.

There was a huge media discussion over whether Simmons or Ingram should go 1, but it was overwhelmingly (although not completely) framed as a debate of fit. The premise was that the Sixers had too many bigs to draft another and needed a shooter, which is absurd when drafting 1/1. The notable exception was DX, but Schmitz has never liked Simmons’ game or personality on a relative scale going back years before the draft.

Among teams, I don’t remember any strong debate over who the best player was. Only the biggest fools were on the, “CAN’T EVEN MAKE THE TOURNAMENT” bandwagon. That was sports talk show BS of the highest order. They did work Ingram out, but they did the same (or at least tried to, I’m fuzzy on the details) with Murray, Brown, Bender, and Dunn.

*Edit*

Oh come on. I want to see high school tape of him so badly. YouTube only has a few highlights. What the hell was going on there?

Last edited:
Reactions: Ruck Over

XDevilBoiX

Jan 29, 2011
No he didn’t, it was a obvious choice and Hinkie tanked for Ben. He wouldn’t have tanked that year if he had a choice.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
No he didn’t, it was a obvious choice and Hinkie tanked for Ben. He wouldn’t have tanked that year if he had a choice.
Hinkie brought that upon himself by drafting Tank Commander Okafor...
End justifies the means though as Hinkie had his power stripped for his mistake and I'd rather have Simmons over Porzingis 10/10

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013

There was a huge media discussion over whether Simmons or Ingram should go 1, but it was overwhelmingly (although not completely) framed as a debate of fit. The premise was that the Sixers had too many bigs to draft another and needed a shooter, which is absurd when drafting 1/1. The notable exception was DX, but Schmitz has never liked Simmons’ game or personality on a relative scale going back years before the draft.

Among teams, I don’t remember any strong debate over who the best player was. Only the biggest fools were on the, “CAN’T EVEN MAKE THE TOURNAMENT” bandwagon. That was sports talk show BS of the highest order. They did work Ingram out, but they did the same (or at least tried to, I’m fuzzy on the details) with Murray, Brown, Bender, and Dunn.

*Edit*

Oh come on. I want to see high school tape of him so badly. YouTube only has a few highlights. What the hell was going on there?

Mike Levin of the RTRS podcast said he can't wait to watch breakouts of Smith & Simmons because they are both so fast and so athletic.

I'm starting to get on board with this guy.

wankstifier

All glory to the harvest god
Jun 19, 2018

*Edit*

Love that he sprints past his coasting teammate to get that block

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
Revisionist history in full effect. Prime example of personal bias influencing people's opinions. Ben was the consensus number 1 all year and then people started to pick apart his game leading up to the draft and question him for LSU's lack of success. He was still the odds on favorite to go number 1 but Ingram was firmly in the conversation.

I dont like Colangelo either but im also not going to be ignorant as a result.
Any and all talk of thinking Ingram could have potentially been the better selection has more to do with human psychology and less to do with actual basketball acumen. Simmons had been the consensus pick for years. He played for a bad team and didn't carry them ala LeBron, so people began to find things to nitpick. Ingram's credible success had less to do with folks thinking he could be better, than it had to do with people having fatigue of Simmons. Being under the microscope people were determined to find something, so it was Simmons' lackadaisical attitude and not playing defense as false issues.

Find a new slant.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
Any and all talk of thinking Ingram could have potentially been the better selection has more to do with human psychology and less to do with actual basketball acumen. Simmons had been the consensus pick for years. He played for a bad team and didn't carry them ala LeBron, so people began to find things to nitpick. Ingram's credible success had less to do with folks thinking he could be better, than it had to do with people having fatigue of Simmons. Being under the microscope people were determined to find something, so it was Simmons' lackadaisical attitude and not playing defense as false issues.

Find a new slant.
REVISIONIST

HISTORY

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Thankfully Colangelo's wife made him eat the "apple" and damned him to a life of sin....because he probably would have done the opposite of what Brown did and moved up and given up one of our 1st round picks. Then again the Suns just threw in that pick ala Paul Holmgren...

Anyway, looks like we got a character player with lots of upside bc of his work ethic and athleticism. He will fit in this town perfectly...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad