OT: Philadelphia 76ers - Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen... He Was Number One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
He's going to get the maximum contract, and it won't be here. :laugh:

On Simmons vs Ingram, http://www.libertyballers.com/2016/...ft-sixers-ben-simmons-lsu-brandon-ingram-duke

Wherever he damn well pleases, if it gets him in a Sixer jersey.

I know it won't happen unless he really wants to be here.

but give me an idea on what it will take, and sixers would have the money to afford him, but probably thats it.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona

but give me an idea on what it will take, and sixers would have the money to afford him, but probably thats it.
They could afford him, but he could make the same amount (or more if he resigns with the Thunder) on a championship contender vs a rebuild team.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008

It would take a couple of zip ties and an unmarked van.

Depending on how things shake out, the Sixers have between roughly $45 and $57 million dollars in cap space. Durant would have to take less money to sign with anyone besides OKC due to cap rules. It's not quite as straight forward as you might think:

• If he signed a max deal with any other team, he'd be looking at something like 4/106.
  • If he signed a max deal with OKC, it would be 5/143.
  • If he signs a deal with another team with a one year opt out (the Lebron route), then signs an extension under the new CBA, he's most likely looking at roughly 5/176.
  • If he signs a deal with OKC with a one year opt out, then signs an extension under the new CBA, he's most likely looking at something like 6/230.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
It would take a couple of zip ties and an unmarked van.

Depending on how things shake out, the Sixers have between roughly $45 and $57 million dollars in cap space. Durant would have to take less money to sign with anyone besides OKC due to cap rules. It's not quite as straight forward as you might think:

• If he signed a max deal with any other team, he'd be looking at something like 4/106.
  • If he signed a max deal with OKC, it would be 5/143.
  • If he signs a deal with another team with a one year opt out (the Lebron route), then signs an extension under the new CBA, he's most likely looking at roughly 5/176.
  • If he signs a deal with OKC with a one year opt out, then signs an extension under the new CBA, he's most likely looking at something like 6/230.

okay I'll drive the van, will make him an offer he can't refuse If he doesn't, Luca brassi will make sure he does.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I wonder which team is going to go for Thon Maker, last month I would have said he was obtainable in the 20's but now I wouldn't be surprised to see him as a late lottery pick based on him impressing a lot of teams at the combine. Also the fact that this draft is weaker than most, a team will probably be inclined to reach a bit (considering his boom or bust potential).

TheSpectrum

Oct 18, 2011
Put me on Team Ingram

I watched dozens of Ingram and Simmons games this year one thing is clear. Ingram's development vs Simmons lack of in those 4-5 months was staggering. I watched Simmons the first month and he was clearly above and beyond the best talent in college basketball. By the end of the season I would've not had him in my top 10.

I know we cannot compare the coaching Ingram got at Duke vs whatever the hell Simmons got at LSU. But the progress on Ingram was something that was mouth watering when you talk about the fit and what this team sorely needs.

At this point the question becomes do you go for fit or for overall higher ceiling. Simmons has the higher ceiling without question when you consider how he can transform the NBA with his size and ability to run the offense. Ingram however is much more of a sure thing IMO, specially when he grows into his body.

At this point I would go with Ingram. If they do get Simmons I do hope they are able to land Dejunte Murray out of Washington who is kind of a Ingram-lite-lite version.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Also, Dejounte Murray is a selfish 6'5" combo guard with a 6" shorter wingspan than Ingram and a terrible jumper. How in the world does he fit the Ingram profile, light or not? I say this as someone who would take a chance on him at 24/26.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Reports are the Sixers favor Simmons. I can't wait to hear the reports they favor Ingram, then the reports of them trading down, and reports of them trading it for an established player.

OrangeAndBlackMetal

Dark Wizard of the Black Cascade
Aug 14, 2009
Reykjavík
Put me on Team Ingram

I watched dozens of Ingram and Simmons games this year one thing is clear. Ingram's development vs Simmons lack of in those 4-5 months was staggering. I watched Simmons the first month and he was clearly above and beyond the best talent in college basketball. By the end of the season I would've not had him in my top 10.

I know we cannot compare the coaching Ingram got at Duke vs whatever the hell Simmons got at LSU. But the progress on Ingram was something that was mouth watering when you talk about the fit and what this team sorely needs.

At this point the question becomes do you go for fit or for overall higher ceiling. Simmons has the higher ceiling without question when you consider how he can transform the NBA with his size and ability to run the offense. Ingram however is much more of a sure thing IMO, specially when he grows into his body.

At this point I would go with Ingram. If they do get Simmons I do hope they are able to land Dejunte Murray out of Washington who is kind of a Ingram-lite-lite version.

Then there goes any sort of credibility your analysis had, lol

Not only is that statement ridiculous, Simmons is very clearly and definitively a better player than Ingram. I don't even know why it's a discussion to be perfectly honest.

IrishSniper87

Jun 25, 2007
Media, PA
Reports are the Sixers favor Simmons. I can't wait to hear the reports they favor Ingram, then the reports of them trading down, and reports of them trading it for an established player.

My gut says they draft Simmons. We aren't contending this year, we have time to figure out what we have and trade/sign players for positions of need (Guards).

Another factor, Brett Brown has known Ben Simmons since he was a baby. He coached his dad at Melbourne for 5 years and knows the junior coaches who coached up Ben. If anyone in this league can connect with Ben and help him acclimate to the NBA, it might be Brett Brown. I also suspect it may be why we haven't seen Brown canned yet, why fire him and then draft Simmons.

I haven't seen anything out there specifically say Simmons didn't want Philly and Brett Brown. We have about 5 weeks to see what the Simmons camp does (if anything). Time will tell.

Now fantasy land - I'm gonna get greedy and say call the Lakers and try to pry #2 from them. Include some combo of Okafor, #24, #26, next years Laker pick, if you want. I'd happily take Ingram from them too.

Not sure I'd move Okafor for Celtics #3 though.

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
My friend in Boston said they've been hearing rumors up there that Isiah Thomas and the #16 are being offered to the 76ers for Okafor+ #24 + 2nd Rd pick, no credible sources, simply rumours they've heard, if this is true would you do this? Because i sure would

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
My friend in Boston said they've been hearing rumors up there that Isiah Thomas and the #16 are being offered to the 76ers for Okafor+ #24 + 2nd Rd pick, no credible sources, simply rumours they've heard, if this is true would you do this? Because i sure would

Id try to get one of the Nets picks out of them. The Nets will be a terrible team in the next few years.

AndHeMissedTheNet

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Feb 12, 2014
I don't know. I honestly, truthfully don't know.

I'll trust the team to pick the guy they feel is the best, but all logic says that if they pick Simmons, other pieces need to be moved to make this thing work. But beyond that, my biggest concern is whether or not Simmons has the mental makeup to be a franchise centerpiece.

WastedTalent

who is lord stanley?
Mar 22, 2011
your mind

In a heartbeat...and I'm an Okafor fan

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Rumors (seems more speculation than any thing with actual substance at this point) is that there could be a potential Okafor for #2 deal. Boston at #3 really wants Okafor too and Ainge already tried to get him this season, but Boston would have to add, IMO. Would definitely to Okafor for #2 though.

Ish/FA/#24/#26
Ingram
Simmons
Noel
Embiid
-----
Saric/Covington/Grant/Stauskas

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
How is Boston getting #2 when they pick 3rd? Just curious. That would be a nice pick to get. I think I'm reading that wrong.

You mean two deals, I think. 1) For the #2 from Lakers and 2) Boston's 3rd.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
Rumors (seems more speculation than any thing with actual substance at this point) is that there could be a potential Okafor for #2 deal. Boston at #3 really wants Okafor too and Ainge already tried to get him this season, but Boston would have to add, IMO. Would definitely to Okafor for #2 though.

Ish/FA/#24/#26
Ingram
Simmons
Noel
Embiid
-----
Saric/Covington/Grant/Stauskas
#3 + Bradley is something I would do. Really good 3 and D PG on a Simmons led team. You would have this lineup and still have the 3rd pick in your pocket. Could use it on Murray but I would heavily shop the pick.

Bradley
???
Covington
Simmons/Saric
Noel/Embiid

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
One thing to keep far in back of the mind is that Kings pick (swap rights next year as well). Unprotected in 2019. Cousins is a free agent in 2018 so you're looking at a team that could be going through a rebuild. Imagine the Sixers really hitting their stride in 2019 and having that asset in your pocket. Very valuable asset Hinkie stole off them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad