OT: Philadelphia 76ers - Smitty Werbenjagermanjensen... He Was Number One!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
#3 + Bradley is something I would do. Really good 3 and D PG on a Simmons led team. You would have this lineup and still have the 3rd pick in your pocket. Could use it on Murray but I would heavily shop the pick.

Bradley
???
Covington
Simmons/Saric
Noel/Embiid

Who's the best SG you could reasonably target with a package around the #3 overall?

Broad Street Elite

Nov 9, 2011
If we can trade Okafor for a package around #3, I would definitely take Hield. He would be a great complementary shooter to Simmons, Noel, Embiid, Saarich etc.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
I'd throw up if they took Hield 3rd.

In that context, who else? Murray might have a higher ceiling, but he's got some of the same deficiencies. Bender wouldn't seem to make sense.

If you do that deal, I think you have to have another in place.

Last edited:

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
That's the thing. #3 isn't as enticing as it is most years. I have a little soft spot for Murray so he would be my pick if I had to make a selection.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Hield 3rd, let alone 4th? Good lord no.

Who's the best SG you could reasonably target with a package around the #3 overall?

Your best reasonable trade targets would probably be Hezonja/Oladipo or McCollum, and I'm not sure any fits as fair value for both sides. You're not getting Thompson, Harden, Middleton, Booker, etc.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Of course it is, and he has a nonzero chance of doing so. It's just that he fits the mold of guys who don't translate well outside of the shooting.

Drafts are not black and white. You play the percentages. You can't kill the Clippers for taking Blake Griffin over Steph Curry. Sometimes the longer shots hit.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Except Blake Griffin is still a pretty terrific player (when not punching his trainer).

You people talk about Hield like he's never going to score a point in the NBA. It's ridiculous.

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Because people bring him up in the context of a #3 or 4 pick when you could take a Bender, Murray, Dunn, etc. I haven't seen one person say he's not a first rounder in this draft or something equally insane.

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
csnphilly.com they had a video from the breakfast on broad show.

alot of people believe a trade will happen, and okafor is the guy.

they believe he would bring the most value back.

I also saw embiid at the workout a week or 2 ago, he looks like he put more weight on from a muscle standpoint. He looks like he will do well when he plays, just pray his injury holds up.

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
csnphilly.com they had a video from the breakfast on broad show.

alot of people believe a trade will happen, and okafor is the guy.

they believe he would bring the most value back.

I also saw embiid at the workout a week or 2 ago, he looks like he put more weight on from a muscle standpoint. He looks like he will do well when he plays, just pray his injury holds up.

Okafor+Simmons for Porzingis+ package? :popcorn:

PHILOUDELPHIA

Feb 29, 2012
South Jersey NJ
That's the thing. #3 isn't as enticing as it is most years. I have a little soft spot for Murray so he would be my pick if I had to make a selection.

if we get #3 and take Buddy Hield over Jamal Murray, i will throw up snakes.

Okafor+Simmons for Porzingis+ package? :popcorn:

I think trading okafor to Celtics could work for the 3rd, its pretty much an even swap, not sure what else boston would want.

so everyone wants murray at 3. tim, porzingis + what? we still will have no guards. I think we take murray and be happy with simmons and murray.

if they don't take murray.

well we all can throw up,

ADifferentTim

Knowledgeable & Pure
Dec 18, 2013
LACo/IE; SoCal
I think trading okafor to Celtics could work for the 3rd, its pretty much an even swap, not sure what else boston would want.

so everyone wants murray at 3. tim, porzingis + what? we still will have no guards. I think we take murray and be happy with simmons and murray.

if they don't take murray.

well we all can throw up,

You just made me think of Okafor+Simmons for Porzingis+Jerian Grant, as of this post.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
How would you counter-propose the idea of Okafor+ for Porzingis+Grant? And yes, this means the 76ers intend to keep Simmons.
In addition to Okafor I would give you the Lakers pick, 24 and 26 this year, throw in any of Saric, Covington, Grant, or Holmes if you want. You can keep Jerian.

Porzingis is going to be great. Knicks lucked out big time with him. Pretty sure he's untouchable.

Ruck Over

When the revolution comes, pants will do you no gd
Apr 19, 2016
Philadelphia, Pa
This thread needs bumping, because the hype is real.

Random thought today- if it weren't for Hinkie reacquiring the Sixers 2016 pick, this team would have Elfred Payton, and still likely be lottery bound with the Magic owning the pick (similar to the Nets Boston situation). #ThanksDoug'Rod #basedgodhinkie

Lots of talk about trading Jah, and I'm guilty of it too. But the more I think of it, the more I say, F'it. He's not going to Boston without them paying through the nose. The Lakers passed on him last year, but I'd do him for Ingram, adds where appropriate. If we're heels for Hinkie, just run with it. The worst BC can do now is sell an asset for cheap because of outside noise.

Just Because: with the 26 pick, the Sixers should draft Thon Maker. Just to screw with people.

Last edited:

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
The Magic could never have received a lottery pick. It's complicated due to lottery protected firsts being owed from both the Bynum and Arnett Moultrie trades, but the gist of it is that the next time the Sixers make the playoffs, their first would have gone to Orlando.

Jack de la Hoya

Jun 30, 2011
Texas
It isn't certain that Safic comes over this year, nor is it certain that Embiid can actually get/stay healthy enough to stay on the court.

Until at least one, and perhaps both, of those things are true, I think trading Okafor might be premature. He's not an ideal fit with Simmonds at either end, but I think you have to try to make it work h until there's a better option. I also think it's plausible
That Okafor can develop a passable mid-range game to solve a little of the spacing issue at the offensive end. Defensively...uh...I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad