Status
Not open for further replies.

Embiid

On early summer vacay
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
:laugh:

I'm shocked...

Now that the Sixers have set their roster for 2014-15, Las Vegas has weighed in with their odds for the NBA season.

Spoiler alert: It's not pretty, as expected, for the Sixers.

Per RJ Bell of Pregame.com, the Sixers have the worst chance to win the NBA Finals at 1,000-to-1 odds. The next least likely team to win the Finals is the Milwaukee Bucks at 500-to-1, followed by the Sacramento Kings and Minnesota Timberwolves at 400/1.

http://www.csnphilly.com/basketball-philadelphia-76ers/place-your-bets-sixers-long-odds-win-it-all

Feb 21, 2012
Pennsylvania
Not sure if I'm gonna watch much this season. They play the Pacers tomorrow night. I'm not expecting much. Might flip it on if I'm not doing anything else. Although the only players I care about are MCW and Noel since Embiid is hurt.

Phileeguy

Sleep with one eye open tonight, bird.
Oct 7, 2010
Philly
Not sure if I'm gonna watch much this season. They play the Pacers tomorrow night. I'm not expecting much. Might flip it on if I'm not doing anything else. Although the only players I care about are MCW and Noel since Embiid is hurt.

Pacers with no Paul George for the year as well. Should be a clash of trash.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
I'm excited to see Noel, but also KJ McDaniels. Of course, he's just a rookie and wasn't a high pick but he has the talent to be a difference maker on the defensive end. He already seems like a steal where we got him; hopefully he keeps showing that when the games count.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He's looks to get a ton of minutes at the 2/3. Picked him up in my 18 team fantasy basketball league. :laugh:

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I'll probably watch some games this year, would probably pick up more when MCW plays again. I personally wanna be able to watch this team grow each year to eventually watch the result of a NBA contender. (Hopefully lol)

Really wish one of Saric or Embiid was on the squad this year too.

Schwarbomb

Howie Be Thy Name
Jul 2, 2011
Arizona
David West and George Hill are also out for the Pacers this game. The Sixers might actually have a shot to win this one.

I'll call a Sixer win, Indy's backup point guard is out too. I'm cheering for wins this year, mostly because I think Embiid will be our star and I'm not too excited about the next draft class.

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007
I'll call a Sixer win, Indy's backup point guard is out too. I'm cheering for wins this year, mostly because I think Embiid will be our star and I'm not too excited about the next draft class.

It certainly doesn't have the hype of Wiggins and Parker. I could see Philly getting the #1 and trading it.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I am all for trading the pick especially if we can target a player that can fit in with our young core.

What we are going to need going forward is a 2g, that can shoot and be our leading scorer. I don't know if there is anyone like that in this draft, in fact 2g has been a historically weak position in the nba so i wouldn't expect any to fall in our laps. A guy i would like to take a chance on is Dion Waiters, if we can someone get him out of cleveland.

While he may not be a good shooter, he can get to the rim at will, beat his man off the dribble and he gets to the line a lot. Those are traits that lead to scoring.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
It might night be as good as last year's, but its still a pretty talented class with a full season ahead of them.

But, what happens if Noel plays great this year and wins the ROY, and Embiid full heals and plays the final 10 games of the season, and plays unbelievable.

Okafor, Towns, and Mudiay are the top guys right now, and what if that doesn't change and we end up with the #1 pick? We don't need another center like Okafor or Towns. And Mudiay has a ton of potential, but do we need another lanky point guard with questionable shooting skills.

Do we just draft BPA, or do we trade down?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
But, what happens if Noel plays great this year and wins the ROY, and Embiid full heals and plays the final 10 games of the season, and plays unbelievable.

Okafor, Towns, and Mudiay are the top guys right now, and what if that doesn't change and we end up with the #1 pick? We don't need another center like Okafor or Towns. And Mudiay has a ton of potential, but do we need another lanky point guard with questionable shooting skills.

I know very little about the NBA so this doesn't have much credence, but I'd trade down if that is the case (hell I'd do it even if Embid doesn't play at all this season). IDK who the top SGs are in this draft, or if they are even that good, but it appears that is the only missing piece of this puzzle. We have MCW who is a good (not necessarily great) PG. We have Noel who we will find out about, and we have Embid who seems to have the best shot a stardom (or so I think...not sure if my understanding of him is accurate though). We also have Saric who appears to be already a very good pro. If Noel craps the bed, then go for one of the big guys. If not, trade back and target a SG. Just the opinion of one uninformed fan, and fan is used loosely, opinion.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006

Few things:
-At this point in the rebuild, you pick the best players and worry about fit later
- Hinkie is thought to be an asset collector. We know he likes to wheel and deal.
- Getting another big wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Rather be strong in the frontcourt than the backcourt.
- Hedges the injury risks of Embiid and Noel
- They'll have plenty of cap space to offer a max-deal or two to FAs and RFAs,
- A lot can change in the next 8 months. Most of these kids haven't even played a college game yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad