OT: Philadelphia 76ers (NBA): Joel and Noel

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyershockey

Oct 10, 2006
The Sixers can't afford botch this pick, especially with how they openly flaunted their tanking this year.

dawkins121

Jul 7, 2007
Philadelphia
As long as they stick to one of the big 3 guys, I don't think it's possible to "botch" it per se.

Especially if Wiggins and Embiid go 1-2 leaving them with Parker, who probably has the lowest floor out of the big 3 guys. He's definitely got questions around conditioning, his defense, and what position he'll play (I feel like a lot of wing players would shred him on D), but he's pretty much a lock to put up 20 ppg maybe even as soon as his rookie year.

If you look at the building blocks they have right now, it's MCW and Noel who both project to be long, athletic players who have issues with shooting/scoring. Plugging in the best pure scorer in the draft next to them might end up being perfect, and if they grab a sharp shooting 2 guard with the 10th pick like Gary Harris or Stauskas they could have 4 players with skill sets that complement each other very nicely.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I just remember seeing rumors Mill really liked Embiid but Cleveland needs a big guy to go with Irving.

I guess the masses would be pretty happy with Parker or Wiggens around here. I just remember seeing the Sixers like Wiggens the most out of everyone and he is on top of their draft board.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I just remember seeing rumors Mill really liked Embiid but Cleveland needs a big guy to go with Irving.

I guess the masses would be pretty happy with Parker or Wiggens around here. I just remember seeing the Sixers like Wiggens the most out of everyone and he is on top of their draft board.

I absolutely want Wiggins. There's a slim chance that he falls to 3 but I really think if Cleveland takes Embiid, Bucks follow with Wiggins. I also think the Cavs will take Wiggins 1st overall. It will be very scary but there's a slight chance.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
Would the cavs trade the 1st overall for Thad and the 3rd or the 1st for a couple second rounders + the 3rd

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
I don't think I want to do that honestly. I really love Thad as a player and think he's a big part of the team in this near future.

I'd do the 2nd trade in a heartbeat.

I don't think Thad is a key future piece for this team so I would probably do the first one.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
If the Cavs wanted Thad, they might, because they'll probably get Embiid (if that's who they target) with the #3, if Sixers went to #1, it would be Wiggins/Parker/Embiid.

So Cavs leave getting Embiid + Thad.

Again, Thad would have to be wanted by that team.

JDinkalage Morgoone

U of South Flurrida
Oct 7, 2008
308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
I don't think Thad is a key future piece for this team so I would probably do the first one.

I don't mean he's key as MCW, Noel and whoever they get this year are key, but Thad is still an awesome option to have in your starting 5. He does what he does very well. Plus, I've always liked the guy. Definitely my favorite Sixer since he was drafted.

Hiesenberg

Jul 2, 2013
Just like NFL, can't believe some of this information. Lot of information that is sent out there for a reason.

CutOnDime97

Too Showman
Mar 29, 2008
Not even like Wiggins is a sure thing or even close to it.

I'd be happy with any of Parker, Wiggins, and Embiid. Plus we'll get another good player at 10.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Not saying we should do this, but it could be an intriguing option. If the Cavs select Embiid, what would you think of trading MCW (+?) for 2nd overall. The Sixers could then draft Wiggins at #2 and Exum, who has similar size and skillset to MCW, at #3. I don't know if that would appeal to the Bucks, and I'm not sure if I'd risk trading MCW. I'd prefer the 3rd + Thad trade.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Not saying we should do this, but it could be an intriguing option. If the Cavs select Embiid, what would you think of trading MCW (+?) for 2nd overall. The Sixers could then draft Wiggins at #2 and Exum, who has similar size and skillset to MCW, at #3. I don't know if that would appeal to the Bucks, and I'm not sure if I'd risk trading MCW. I'd prefer the 3rd + Thad trade.

I don't know much about the NBA but I don't think MCW + anything outside of the 3rd pick gets you the 2nd and offering MCW + 3rd isn't worth it.

Halladay

Feb 27, 2009
H Town
Honestly, if they are trading this 3rd pick I want Kevin Love (provided he would resign). I wouldnt trade it to move up. Dont see them moving it though, and probably shouldnt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad