Player Discussion Phil "The thrill", "Pizza man" Danault (Part 4) - The Final Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013
He didn't.

Proposed situation didn't happen, no one can share a comparable to a non-existent situation.

Is toffoli not our our highest point getter this year? Unless I'm making that up.

Try again, KK's most used linemate this year is TT..........

Now again, I ask, show me some comparables instead of misinformation please

Unless you are answering there isn't :sarcasm:

Edit: Have to say 5 on 5... cause your never know someone might pull usage for 4vs3 or something lol

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I've been reading this over and over that his time on ice was cut after they got Staal but it's some more BS.

This is his TOI/GP before Staal's acquisition: 14:49 TOI/GP

And this is his TOI/GP after Staal was acquired: 14:45 TOI/GP
I don’t know about his TOI pre and post Staak acquisition…I’ll take your word for it.

But can’t no one tell me his role didn’t change over that time.

Maybe that was of his own doing, maybe he lost confidence…either way, up until then he was having a good season.

But at the end of the day, this is the NHL…

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I mean did KK not play most of his TOI with our most offensive catalyst this year? Can you share other players in similar situations so I can compare (not sarcasm) genuinely curious, seeing your arguing this
I posted it the other day… looked at about a dozen forwards who were all in the 14:30-15 TOI/g and the production varied as low as 17pts to as high as 32 IIRC.

Reactions: canucklover123

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Is toffoli not our our highest point getter this year? Unless I'm making that up.

Try again, KK's most used linemate this year is TT..........

Now again, I ask, show me some comparables instead of misinformation please

Unless you are answering there isn't :sarcasm:

Edit: Have to say 5 on 5... cause your never know someone might pull usage for 4vs3 or something lol

He did though... his most common winger this season was Toffoli.

Most common linemate =/= most of KK's TOI

This is something very very simple guys.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don’t know about his TOI pre and post Staak acquisition…I’ll take your word for it.

But can’t no one tell me his role didn’t change over that time.

Maybe that was of his own doing, maybe he lost confidence…either way, up until then he was having a good season.

But at the end of the day, this is the NHL…
He was moved to the wing when Staal integrated the lineup, I can give you that but I still don't think he was mishandled.

When you have Danault and Suzuki both being able to climb the ladder from 4th line LW to the #1 Center position while KK somehow regressed while being fed everything... Tough to blame development, to be honest...

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Yep, that is my cue to call it a night boys, can't argue that logic :laugh:

I'm going to quote myself because it was adressed multiple time already:
Don't distort what actually happened.
While it's true that Toffu/Anderson were the most common wingers in a rotating cast of ever changing wingers. KK only played 263 ES minutes with either Toffoli, Anderson or both as his wingers out of the 721 ES minutes he played last season. So for 64% of his ES time (IE: Most of the time) he was on the ice without either Toffoli or Anderson.

And since you were focusing solely on Toffoli it's going to be way more than 64% of KK's ES time away from Toffoli.

It's not logic, it's fact.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal

And since you were focusing solely on Toffoli it's going to be way more than 64% of KK's ES time away from Toffoli.

What is your conclusion at the end though?

KK needs great wingers to care him?

KK is supposed to elevate his wingers!

But all I'm reading is that he didn't get good enough wingers so that they could elevate his game.

Good riddance then!

Suzuki was producing at a consistent rate the entire season no matter his wingers.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

hmm you know what, you’re right. I should phrase my statement better next time.

Appreciate the insight

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
He was moved to the wing when Staal integrated the lineup, I can give you that but I still don't think he was mishandled.

When you have Danault and Suzuki both being able to climb the ladder from 4th line LW to the #1 Center position while KK somehow regressed while being fed everything... Tough to blame development, to be honest...
I mean…you can’t compare because the team is completely different.

Danault ascended to his role in large part because he was unchallenged.

it took a lot less work and convincing for Danault, who let’s remember, was FAR from the player he would eventually become, to move up as the #1C.

He had to beat out a washed up Plekanec, another C in Galchenyuk that the coaching staff didn’t even think was a C, Desharnais and a host of other scrubs.

Come on now

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
And your point is?

He still played with Toffoli on his wing for the majority of the season...

He played with Toffoli in 20 of 56 games (most of it at the start of the season), that’s not a majority. I think someone posted KK had 13 points in those 20 games. KK played with good wingers but he was moved around the lineup a ton, especially the last half of the season. He was even asked about it (by Engels or Basu) at his end of the season press conference. If a player is going to build chemistry and confidence he needs to be with the same line mates more than what KK was, especially the last half of the season.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

I’ve literally brought this up countless times, seems simple enough.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
What is your conclusion at the end though?

KK needs great wingers to care him?

KK is supposed to elevate his wingers!

But all I'm reading is that he didn't get good enough wingers so that they could elevate his game.

Good riddance then!

Suzuki was producing at a consistent rate the entire season no matter his wingers.

Suzuki most common line combination was worth 250 minutes of his ice time, for KK it was 87 minutes.

So unless Suzuki played 3 times more ES minute than KK (spoiler: he didn't.) then you have no floor to stand on to make that comparison.

Reactions: 417

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
hmm you know what, you’re right. I should phrase my statement better next time.

Appreciate the insight
He's not right though! Don't you buckle my friend.

The fact that KK played a lot of minutes away from Toffoli doesn't change the fact that he still played most of his minutes with Toffoli on his wing.

Reactions: canucklover123

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I mean…you can’t compare because the team is completely different.

Danault ascended to his role in large part because he was unchallenged.

it took a lot less work and convincing for Danault, who let’s remember, was FAR from the player he would eventually become, to move up as the #1C.

He had to beat out a washed up Plekanec, another C in Galchenyuk that the coaching staff didn’t even think was a C, Desharnais and a host of other scrubs.

Come on now
Well, he still did it! Didn't he? What about KK...He didn't show anything to be able to leapfrog Suzuki or Danault so what's the point?

canucklover123

Oct 22, 2013

The fact that KK played a lot of minutes away from Toffoli doesn't change the fact that he still played most of his minutes with Toffoli on his wing.

Hahah Nono that is exactly What I was gunna bring up as well, but my phrasing can definitely lead to the réponse from the poster.

will have to phrase it differently next time. But yes, KK’s most used winger was our top scorer which is concerning seeing as it’s not a luxury “third liners” around the league have

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Suzuki most common line combination was worth 250 minutes of his ice time, for KK it was 87 minutes.

So unless Suzuki played 3 times more ES minute than KK (spoiler: he didn't.) then you have no floor to stand on to make that comparison.
Again what are you KK lovers even arguing about?

KK was not better than Danault or Suzuki so what the f*** is your point?

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014

It kind of does. :laugh:

(100 - 64) < (100 - 36)

Reactions: 417

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Well, he still did it! Didn't he? What about KK...He didn't show anything to be able to leapfrog Suzuki or Danault so what's the point?
Yes he did…because competition wasn’t as fierce.

Even you acknowledge that Kotkaniemi shouldn’t have been playing ahead of Suzuki and Danault, given the role each played.

So why do you on the other hand present this scenario where he didn’t do enough to surpass them?

At this stage of his career, he was not equipped to play the role Danault played and Suzuki is just plain better right now.

There was no conceivable scenario where he was going to leapfrog them.

Given this very plausible conclusion, his production fell in line with the role he had.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
It kind of does. :laugh:

(100 - 64) < (100 - 36)
This is not a 50/50 situation.

The point made here is that out of the entire list of wingers KK played with Toffoli is on the top of the list.

I never thought it could be this difficult to understand something...

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
Yes he did…because competition wasn’t as fierce.

Even you acknowledge that Kotkaniemi shouldn’t have been playing ahead of Suzuki and Danault, given the role each played.

So why do you on the other hand present this scenario where he didn’t do enough to surpass them?

At this stage of his career, he was not equipped to play the role Danault played and Suzuki is just plain better right now.

There was no conceivable scenario where he was going to leapfrog them.

Given this very plausible conclusion, his production fell in line with the role he had.
I mean he was getting the perfect opportunity to show his offensive play but he never managed to do it...

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
This is not a 50/50 situation.

The point made here is that out of the entire list of wingers KK played with Toffoli is on the top of the list.

I never thought it could be this difficult to understand something...

Nah the point you can't grasp here is whatever is a top is in significantly lesser quantity than what isn't at the top.

KK played more minutes without Toffoli than he played with Toffoli. This is a fact.
Any argument you make while ignoring that fact is wrong, plain and simple.

Reactions: Doc McKenna
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad