Rumor: Phil Kessel submits trade request

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
If he joins the Oilers, I'll make him some Kimchi cheese dogs.

Gochujjang, with the beef hotdog (marinated in bulgogi marinade) with swiss cheese, kewpie mayo, green onions, sesame seeds, and seaweed.

BeyondSausageKoreanStyleHotDog_1400x850.jpg
Is that your photo or just one you found online? That looks amazing.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
PK Subban is similarly only owed 2M in actual salary after NJ paid his signing bonus.

Might make sense as a hockey trade, Subban for Kessel straight up with no retention either way? Both deals expire next summer, ARI would be adding 2.2M in cap but only 1M in actual salary. NJ needs another forward and ARI could use a veteran defenseman after Hjalmarsson retired.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
PK Subban is similarly only owed 2M in actual salary after NJ paid his signing bonus.

Might make sense as a hockey trade, Subban for Kessel straight up with no retention either way? Both deals expire next summer, ARI would be adding 2.2M in cap but only 1M in actual salary. NJ needs another forward and ARI could use a veteran defenseman after Hjalmarsson retired.
Arizona isn’t looking for hockey trades.

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
NC doesn’t host the contest on July 4th though.

Nathan's are mediocre hot dogs. So are Sabrett honestly. They're both "classic"...but they're just not very good.

If you're looking for great hot dogs in NY, you pretty much need to head Upstate where you can find a good premium meat natural-casing hotdog. No good hotdog has ever come out of a dirty water street cart.

Reactions: Dog

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
A little surprised to see so much interest from Sharks fans. What is the goal in San Jose anyway? Seems like Doug Wilson is just trying to save his job at this point. Honestly that is a team that needs a full teardown AZ style. Karlsson and Burns contracts are killer.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Nathan's are mediocre hot dogs. So are Sabrett honestly. They're both "classic"...but they're just not very good.

If you're looking for great hot dogs in NY, you pretty much need to head Upstate where you can find a good premium meat natural-casing hotdog. No good hotdog has ever come out of a dirty water street cart.
The contest however does give him additional spotlight. He can be the first dual sport athlete in recent history in the NHL. Competitive eating and hockey.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
Kessel had 20 goals last year and I believe 43 points. Not bad his cap hit I think is like 8 million.
Chicago can trade strome and shaw to Arizona with a 3rd round pick.

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Im mildly intrigued with what Carter and Kessel could do together.
I think Carter would strangle Kessel. Kessel wore out his welcome in Pittsburgh. I don’t think management or the coaching staff or players want him back.

Pavelski2112

Bold as Boognish
Dec 15, 2011
San Jose, California
A little surprised to see so much interest from Sharks fans. What is the goal in San Jose anyway? Seems like Doug Wilson is just trying to save his job at this point. Honestly that is a team that needs a full teardown AZ style. Karlsson and Burns contracts are killer.
We also want to tear it down, but DW has made it clear that he's not gonna do that, so we're stuck trying to find ways to put together the best roster we can with the little space we have.

Reactions: Mosby

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
So has anyone mentioned his return to Boston?

50% retained for DeBrusk? Cap hits swap and Coyotes get young cost-controlled RFA. Bruins get Phil to play with someone at center and Hall?

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
I think the real question is how could it be done? We can’t get rid of Vlasic, Burns, Karlsson’s contracts and are already paying Jones to not play. Basically their only option is to compete because they can’t even move their less desirable contracts for anything really.

Reactions: Mosby

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad