Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Konecny re-signs with Flyers (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
Fair deal, happy to see him locked up. As said before, potential to outplay this one for sure. Love the energy and spark he brings, excellent complimentary player and character to boot.

Haters gonna hate, trolls gonna troll. Congrats TK and flyers fans, getting he and Prov both locked up is great news. The pieces are starting to fall in place, going to be a fun season for a change!

Reactions: Rebels57

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
You're kidding right?

Sharks Goalies (2 goalies used): .914 SV%, 2.58 GAA

Flyers Goalies (8 goalies used): .900 SV%, 3.24 GAA

The Flyers numbers are correct. The Sharks were: .894 SV%, 3.00 GAA.

I think where the discourse comes from is that Hart, Elliott, and even Stolarz to a certain extent played better or had similar numbers to Jones and Dell. But the 19 Flyers games started by Pickard, Talbot, Neuvirth, Lyon, and McKenna were pretty garbage.

Reactions: Rebels57

KovalchukFistPump

Too lazy to change username
Dec 24, 2008
California
Really? It wouldn’t make me feel better at all. Give me the young feisty talented player with lots of room to improve on a fair contract over an absolute draft bust making a couple mill less any day of the week. Konecny is so underrated here. You weren’t kidding when you said you were biased.
Zacha is not a draft bust. He's disappointing. He plays good defense and carried his line in the last 20 games of the year when playing with crap players. Konecny played with Giroux and either JVR or Couturier for most of the last two seasons.

I just had to google who Blake Coleman was and let me tell you, not impressed. You’re clearly not a GM.
This is an even worse take. Blake Coleman is a solid third liner that scored 20 goals and is on an excellent deal. He's one of the most valuable contracts in the entire league.

Dooble08

Jan 12, 2019
Zacha is not a draft bust. He's disappointing. He plays good defense and carried his line in the last 20 games of the year when playing with crap players. Konecny played with Giroux and either JVR or Couturier for most of the last two seasons.

This is an even worse take. Blake Coleman is a solid third liner that scored 20 goals and is on an excellent deal. He's one of the most valuable contracts in the entire league.

This is a poor take. Zacha is trending toward a bust. He was picked 6th in an insanely deep draft. Konecny was taken 24th overall. There is no way under the sun that anyone with a level head would take Zacha over Konecny.

I mean Coleman is 27 and soon to be leaving his prime. 3rd/4th line is the best he'll be. 1.8M may be a good deal for a 20 goal scorer, but he only added on 14 assists as well. He doesn't have a ceiling anywhere near when Konecny is.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

SnizzNasty88

Mar 31, 2013
Toronto

Do I need to do some digging and tell you who was drafted after Zacha? It’ll make you sick, it makes me sick and I’m not even a Devils fan... a 20 game sample size isn’t enough to change the narrative here big fella.

Reactions: Jtown

phlocky

Jan 2, 2007
Wow, I have to tell you that I'm impressed with the fans of other teams coming in here and defending the Flyers and TK against the few haters who seem to love to throw crap at everyone else.

Plain and simple, it's a fair deal. Also, at that cap hit, any team in the league would love to have TK on their team. He's a good player (notice I didn't say GREAT nor ELITE) and is a really good complimentary player for those elite players around him.

Reactions: TheKingPin

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005

"Power Forwards" many times really don't start hitting their strides till like 23, 24, 25ish. It's a basic case that doing a re-draft now might make the pick look bad but if you do a 2015 redraft 5 years from now the pick won't seem so bad.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
Wow, I have to tell you that I'm impressed with the fans of other teams coming in here and defending the Flyers and TK against the few haters who seem to love to throw crap at everyone else.

Plain and simple, it's a fair deal. Also, at that cap hit, any team in the league would love to have TK on their team. He's a good player (notice I didn't say GREAT nor ELITE) and is a really good complimentary player for those elite players around him.

I think it’s too much. If his production remains around low 50’s / high 40’s then it will be awful

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
I think it’s too much. If his production remains around low 50’s / high 40’s then it will be awful
There were 91 forwards that got 41 ES points or more....so 1st line production at ES. Konecny was one of them. To just look at overall points can be misleading due to PP1 vs PP2 opportunities. His 1st 3 years he has been on the 2nd unit. If he plays all year on the 1st unit, it could swing his points by 10 points or more.

So 1st line production from our 2nd best RWer.

Context.

BrindamoursNose

Oct 14, 2008
I look forward to the daily update and revaluation of his contract.

It's going to be a heck of a ride then -- TK is one of the few Flyers that can do essentially no wrong. I don't know if I've ever heard a bad word about him on our board since he was drafted, even when he couldn't hit the net his rookie year.

Deadpool8812

Feb 10, 2018
His second goal... Damn

Deaked Keith out of his jockstrap and then roofed it on his backhand

Cogburn

Pretend they're yachts.
May 28, 2010
Vancouver
I don't believe there are people that think this is a bad deal. That has to be a myth, right?

Perhaps the Flyers could have done better, but the worst i can say is that it's fair for both sides. The guys an absolute unit.

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly
I don't believe there are people that think this is a bad deal. That has to be a myth, right?

Perhaps the Flyers could have done better, but the worst i can say is that it's fair for both sides. The guys an absolute unit.

Look 8 posts above yours. That said, that's clearly someone who hasn't watched him play at all and just mindlessly thinks of him a a 40-50 point player. There were also some guys earlier in the thread going off of whatever their personal favorite stat is to argue he's not worth that contract, but whatever. Dude's going to have multiple 30 goal seasons over the life of that contract.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
He's a decent player and his contract is definitely good but one of the most valuable in the entire NHL? Come on, man. Guys like Josh Anderson ($1.85m), Tyler Bertuzzi ($1.4m), Erik Gustafsson ($1.2m), and Ryan Pulock ($2m) are all making similar or less money and they're clearly better players and that's just looking at RFAs making around what Coleman makes. He had the 11th most points among RFAs with cap hits of $2m or less last season. It's a good contract for sure but one of the most valuable in the entire NHL? Not even close.

Reactions: Filthy Dangles
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad