Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Konecny re-signs with Flyers (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
5.5 million is a fair price for a guy who's ceiling is 25 goals and 50 points a year.

I guess.

lol ya lets just put a ceiling on a young 22 year old player who will play on the top line most of the year and still hasn't seen top pp time. Nice try guy

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
not a Flyers fan but in that game against the Hawks (in Prague) he was the best player on the ice. Great player for you guys and I like Couturier as well.

Reactions: Rebels57

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
5.5 million is a fair price for a guy who's ceiling is 25 goals and 50 points a year.

I guess.
So literally almost exactly what he did the last two seasons at 20 and 21 years old with only 13 minutes of ice time and no PP1 time is his ceiling?

More like 40-40 is his ceiling, 35-35-70 the norm.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
@JoeThorntonsRooster we need your evaluation of why he's not a 1st line winger, I don't think you've made yourself clear enough.

I haven’t? Okay, let me use simple bullet points.

- He plays 2nd/3rd line tweener minutes.
- His play driving metrics are mediocre in those minutes.
- His individual scoring is good, but not good enough to offset the other two factors, and especially not so when you consider that his elite linemates are heavily inflating his scoring.

while getting 13 minutes a night, mind you.

Konecny has averaged over 14 minutes per game in every season of his career and in the season that you’re referencing - his age 21 season where he scored 49 points - he averaged 15:16 TOI/GP.

You’d think you wouldn’t call other people out them for their opinions when you don’t even know how many minutes your team’s player plays. :laugh:

Last edited:

mja

Everything was beautiful, and nothing hurt
Jan 7, 2005
Lucy the Elephant's Belly

- His individual scoring is good, but not good enough to offset the other two factors, and especially not so when you consider that his elite linemates are heavily inflating his scoring.

Konecny has averaged over 14 minutes per game in every season of his career and in the season that you’re referencing - his age 21 season where he scored 49 points - he averaged 15:16 TOI/GP.

You’d think you wouldn’t call other people out them for their opinions when you don’t even know how many minutes your team’s player plays. :laugh:

Ok, but you’re going to look pretty silly when he finishes the season with 123 goals and 82 assists.

Also, everyone knows Sasso is a Hawks fan! ;)

But for real, how much scoring does he need to do for you to readjust your thinking? He’s also not on the same line as Giroux at the moment.

Last edited:

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Back again? I guess you needed a break from discussing the Sharks still being winless. :snide:

5 points for TK in 2 games so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->