Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Travis Konecny re-signs with Flyers (6 years, $5.5M AAV)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I feel like at the very least, this deal will always at least be "meh" but never bad. And it has the potential to become a good deal if he breaks out, but I personally don't see the 70+ upside to make it one.

Fair deal for both sides given the RFA market.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
IMO a little rich this season but will be a HUGE steal in a few years... especially seeing the contracts being thrown around. I woulda figured TK would have pushed hard for a 2 bridge deal and bet on himself... seems like he woulda been a prime candidate for that

Reactions: uncleben

Znith

Aug 16, 2012
I feel like at the very least, this deal will always at least be "meh" but never bad. And it has the potential to become a good deal if he breaks out, but I personally don't see the 70+ upside to make it one.

Fair deal for both sides given the RFA market.

I think 70 pts gets you 7+m in the new RFA world. So 5.5 for 50 pts seems OK. Just ok. But, better than losing the player, and 6 years takes a bit of the sting out of the cap hit, as long as he stays in that 50+ pt range.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
That's rich for my blood. 25-25 player right now. Someone will counter that Nylander is a 20-40 guy who got $7m at the same term and that Konecny only had 8 points on the PP but I'm not swayed.

Would have liked to see him under $5m, if not $4m. Heck Dzingle only got $3.375m for those kinda numbers as a UFA.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
deal that could realy pay off for philly! only way to get steal contracts is being visionary. take calculated risk and this one is one of them!

good for philly!

Reactions: viper0220
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad