Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] Sean Couturier signs extension with the Flyers (8 years, $7.75M AAV)

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
You tell me.

Couturier will be a few months shy of 38 when this deal runs out. Show me all the 37-38 year olds in the NHL worth $7.75m today.

Or go ahead and look at every contract that was signed in the 2016 offseason and tell me how those guys are looking today.

And Couturier ain't no Bergeron.
Courtier is better than Bergeron RN and was definitely better than Bergeron at the time both players signed that contract.

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
at faceoffs, maybe.

And Zib staying with the Rangers at any price is clearly very BAD news for the Flyers since he shits on them so hard.
Better at

Faceoffs
Defense
Physical play
Shooting
Passing
Hockey

Zibanejad scored 12 points in 2 games vs flyers, 0 points in the other 4 games.

That's called being streaky AF and shitting on them 33% of the time..(I know math is hard sometimes)

The two of them been in the league together 10 years, Zibanejad been better one year and it was a shortened season. (That's 10% of the time if you needed help with the math again)

Reactions: flyerslducks

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
That's not what gaslighting is.

I was arguing that most players fall off well before 38: That's a fact.
If anyone is denying facts, it's you and him who are pointing out one exception to the rule and pretending that it invalidates the rule. An outcome like Bergeron is at best a one-in-10 shot.

Gaslighting is manipulating someone psychologically, often by repeating something nonsensical, into questioning reality. It's also the most de rigueur thing that wanna be know-it-alls write on the internet when what they mean is 'lying'.
My guy, you don't know what gaslighting is, give up.

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Better at

Faceoffs
Defense
Physical play
Shooting
Passing
Hockey

Zibanejad scored 12 points in 2 games vs flyers, 0 points in the other 4 games.

That's called being streaky AF and shitting on them 33% of the time..(I know math is hard sometimes)

The two of them been in the league together 10 years, Zibanejad been better one year and it was a shortened season. (That's 10% of the time if you needed help with the math again)

i cant believe people are going to use two major outlier games as a measurement to compare couts and ziba lmao. With that metric you can say that strome is better than couts lmaooooo

flyerslducks

Feb 15, 2017
Good AAV, a bit too much term.
eh not really..players like couts last a while--see Bergeron and kopitar. Thesse types of centers have immense value and can play at a high level defensively (if something happens where they don't produce as much offensively)

buffalowing88

Aug 11, 2008
Charlotte, NC
This is f***ing brutal. I feel like the Flyers are pushing their chips in on the next 2-3 years and they're holding a Jack-Seven. It's not impossible, but it seems like such a gamble.

GeeoffBrown

Jul 6, 2007
This seems like a massive discount to me. You can tell it's good because "haters" have to bundle it with the Kevin Hayes deal in order to say anything bad about it.

Reactions: Sasso09

Sasso09

Jan 2, 2009
Chicago
Wow, so many homer takes from Phillies.

Couturier is like the poster boy for hot heads and short fuse, see e.g.

Or maybe, just MAYBE 10 people ate trashing your comment simply because it makes zero sense and you're describing a player that isn't anything like Couturier?

No, that couldn't be it.

pabst blue ribbon

🇺🇦🤝🇵🇱
Oct 26, 2015
PG
I dont know of this is a great deal but he definitely would've gotten a larger payday on the open market if Couturier decide on going that route

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
Wow, so many homer takes from Phillies.

Couturier is like the poster boy for hot heads and short fuse, see e.g.

This has to be trolling, right? The poster boy for hotheads and short fuses? The guy with 5 fights and about 100 minor penalties in nearly 700 games? You post a video of him bumping Lehkonen and returning crosschecks at the end of a nasty game to prove it? Do you even know what preceeded that video? Weak shit. Even at the time, that was seen as pretty out of character, but hardly concerned suspension-worthy or anything like that.

Not a single suspension, fine, or non-fight major penalty to his name. One of the smartest and most composed players in the entire sport. He makes Giroux look like a goon in comparison.

Just admit you've seen like 6 games in his career but are bored and wanna launch some hot takes. You're on another f***ing planet here. Haven't written an accurate sentence yet. Tap out.

Last edited:

Alpha Couturier
Feb 28, 2005
Chester, UK
Saw the contract, happy with the contract but I thought if anyone could possibly find a negative it’d be the brain trust on HF. I wasn’t disappointed.

Reactions: Dooble08

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Someone honestly compared RNH and his deal to this? Sorry Philly. A top 2 way C for that cap hit is excellent value. Even if the last few years don’t age well the value added today, that’s a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad