Confirmed with Link: [PHI/NYR] Danny Syvret for Kris Newbury

Jan 8, 2012
NY
Who dat??

Newbury is a god in the AHL, but sucks in the big league. And he's pretty old, so don't think he has much progressing to do. Whatever trade.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Love this trade just because we won't have to see Newbury get called up to take bad minor penalties anymore.

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
36i031.jpg

Dalagaze

Rangers in 7
Apr 6, 2012
NY
The Pack's defense was looking atrocious :laugh: it needed some serious help. At least Syvret has experience. Vernace sucks and Bickel is....well....Bicks.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
I'll be honest...as inconsequential as this move is wrt to the Rangers themselves...I don't like it. Hartford needed another vet forward or two, not to trade a top-6 C.

Right? I'm not 100% in tune with the Hartford situation.

From Hartford's point of view, this is terrible. Noob was the glue of the team. They looked lost when he was called up or injured. He's by far the best player in Hartford because he does everything well at that level. He doesn't excel at anything, which is what makes his move to the NHL difficult, but for an AHLer, he's like Mark Messier in his prime.

As someone who pays money to AHLlive, I hate this move. Will make watching the Pack a bummer.

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
Hartford lost some dmen no?

When they traded away Parlett, the team collapsed. The blue line was already very weak and not deep, and losing him meant a lot. Now they lost Logan Pyett and also probably Vernace and Collins, though personally I'd keep Vernace.

However, we did add Allen, Hughes and Noreau. We were better off re-signing Vernace than trading away Noob. He's a terrific AHLer.

Haley - Lindberg - Fast
Hrivik - St. Croix - Segal/Mash/Palm
Yogan - Jean - Nicholls
Bourque - Wiebe (I hope) - Kantor

Klassen - MCI
Syvret - Bickel
Allen - Hughes/Vernace/Noreau

Talbot
The Mission
----------
Stajcer

Last edited:

Beacon

Embrace the tank
May 28, 2007
This could also be making more room down there for new forwards coming in.

Might mean they believe St. Croix is ready for top-6 duty. If not, the middle will suck for Hartford because Jean is sure as hell not ready to play top-6 hockey.

Zuuuuc

Dec 19, 2010
Canada
He got his first goal in the Philly-Boston Winter Classic, but has never amounted to much since his Junior days.
If I recall correctly, Danny Syvret was captain of the 04/05 London Knights powerhouse team that won the Memorial Cup over Rimouski (with a young Sidney Crosby) as a side note, Brandon Prust wore the A for that Knights team that had Corey Perry, Rob Schremp, Dan Girardi, Dave Bolland and Marc Methot among others

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
Meh.

I liked Newbury too, but this frees up a lot of minutes up front with the Wolfpack. Thats good for a lot of the forward prospects coming over.

In return we get a D with some NHL experience. Im ok with it. With the Falk deal (which i liked) it gives the Rangers more depth on D. Hopefully more (real) depth coming.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
Meh.

I liked Newbury too, but this frees up a lot of minutes up front with the Wolfpack. Thats good for a lot of the forward prospects coming over.

In return we get a D with some NHL experience. Im ok with it. With the Falk deal (which i liked) it gives the Rangers more depth on D. Hopefully more (real) depth coming.

What else do we really need? Just need to re-sign Eminger and our defensive depth will be set:

Staal-Del Zotto
McDonagh-Girardi
Moore-Stralman
Falk-Eminger
Syvret-McIlrath

The top-6 is stacked and set, as is. Falk-Eminger are good, reliable options as #7's/#8's

BlueshirtBlitz

Foolish Samurai
Aug 2, 2010
New York
Newbs was the GOAT AHLer but I really hated the few minutes he would get when he was called up to the majors, since he never seemed to do anything right. With Lindberg coming in I don't think Hartford will be TOO hurt by losing Newbs.

16 To Stanley*

No need for him to be eating up minutes in the A.

He was a waste and will never be a good NHL'r.

Adios Newbs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad