Confirmed with Link: [PHI/NYR] Danny Syvret for Kris Newbury

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
What else do we really need? Just need to re-sign Eminger and our defensive depth will be set:

Staal-Del Zotto
McDonagh-Girardi
Moore-Stralman
Falk-Eminger
Syvret-McIlrath

The top-6 is stacked and set, as is. Falk-Eminger are good, reliable options as #7's/#8's

It's amazing with a summer of healing (knock on wood) and 2 relatively minor depth pickups can do. On paper that is really finally starting to approach some quality DEPTH on D. Having Moore-Stralman as your 3rd pairing and two quality 7ths in Falk and Eminger makes a big difference. Much better than having to pencil Emmy/Gilroy/Bickel onto the opening night roster.

NYR2007

Sponsor
Jul 7, 2009
New York
From Hartford's point of view, this is terrible. Noob was the glue of the team. They looked lost when he was called up or injured. He's by far the best player in Hartford because he does everything well at that level. He doesn't excel at anything, which is what makes his move to the NHL difficult, but for an AHLer, he's like Mark Messier in his prime.

As someone who pays money to AHLlive, I hate this move. Will make watching the Pack a bummer.

:handclap::handclap: exactly what i'm thinking. People joke around, but he was a big part of CT :shakehead

Very big in helping younger players etc.

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
I liked Newbury. Not enough to be miffed about this though, it was clear NYR weren't going to give him a real shot.

Syvret is that beloved Andrew Hutchinson-esque tweener. But he is far too small to be a good NHL blueliner.

bmoak

Apr 4, 2004
Pack should sign an AHL vet or two up front with Newb gone, though.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
I understand Newbury is a good AHL player but the Pack need to make room for their young players. It's time for Hrivik, Miller, Yogan, Thomas, Mashinter, Haley to take the reigns. Fast and Lindberg will help as well and Tessier and Bourque offer very good 2 way play.

They needed a dman and the team is going to try a new style. Good move if for nothing other than opening up a spot at forward and plugging a hole on defense.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
What else do we really need? Just need to re-sign Eminger and our defensive depth will be set:

Staal-Del Zotto
McDonagh-Girardi
Moore-Stralman
Falk-Eminger
Syvret-McIlrath

The top-6 is stacked and set, as is. Falk-Eminger are good, reliable options as #7's/#8's

Possibly, but if DZ is flipped it would be nice to upgrade there.

I'm still weary about Staal, which is why I say that. Take him off the list and you'll see. Not sold on re-signing Emmy (even though I like him). I love Stralman though. Forgot about Moore. (dont know why)

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
meh trade.

Liked the physicality that Newbury brought to the team. A few questionable penalties that are more than forgivable.

Brooklyn Ranger

Feb 27, 2002
Brooklyn, of course
Possibly, but if DZ is flipped it would be nice to upgrade there.

I'm still weary about Staal, which is why I say that. Take him off the list and you'll see. Not sold on re-signing Emmy (even though I like him). I love Stralman though. Forgot about Moore. (dont know why)

I think you meant wary, but otherwise spot on. There's a huge dropoff between the top 6 defensemen in the organization and the rest. Falk wasn't going to qualified by the Wild, he's going to have to play a lot more consistantly to crack the lineup on a regular basis barring injuries.

Don't like the idea of trading Del Zotto--even with Staal healthy, especially since no one really knows if Moore can keep up the level he (sometimes) reached in the playoffs over a full season. Not complaining, he looks to be a solid 3rd pair defenseman with some upside, but he's still young and inexperienced.

Strålman has really played well. Hopefully he'll use his shot more under AV.

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
Thanks to Noobs and the leadership he brought to a young farm team, trade was a good one for what we need. Noobs will now proceed to pot 20 NHL goals next year.

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
soft as baby crap.

I'd take a better defense over a "tough" 31 year old forward anyday on that team.

If they felt they didn't need his leadership for the young guys anymore, then he had no use. And the wolf without a doubt needed defensive help

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
I'd take a better defense over a "tough" 31 year old forward anyday on that team.

If they felt they didn't need his leadership for the young guys anymore, then he had no use. And the wolf without a doubt needed defensive help

and we will continue to get pushed around.

you like your teams a certain way, I like my teams a certain way.

I expect more of the same capitulation next season as we saw the last 3+ years.

Not happy about it.

SA16

Sixstring
Aug 25, 2006
Long Island
Trade is basically irrelevant. Newbury is a completely useless player so I don't know why anyone would complain. Best part of this trade is it ensures Newbury won't get random games for us this year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->