Confirmed with Link: [PHI/NYR] Danny Syvret for Kris Newbury

Rangers79

Aug 10, 2012
New Jersey
Minor league trade I guess. Not bad though, The few Whalers games I went to they weren't too good in the defensive zone.

YoSoyLalo

me reading HF
Oct 8, 2010
www.gofundme.com
I'll be honest...as inconsequential as this move is wrt to the Rangers themselves...I don't like it. Hartford needed another vet forward or two, not to trade a top-6 C.

Right? I'm not 100% in tune with the Hartford situation.

LaffyTaffyNYR

Feb 25, 2012
guess we can't expect Newburry to play next year on the bottom 6, thats good news lol

slipknottin

Apr 11, 2011
CT
Minor league trade I guess. Not bad though, The few Whalers games I went to they weren't too good in the defensive zone.

Wolfpack again.

Us CT folk did not like the pretend whaler thing.

Anyways, that team needed defense badly. They had total dingleberries playing.

I would assume they can attempt to replace Newbury with some of the prospects. While the defense really needed instant help

Tawnos

A guy with a bass
Sep 10, 2004
Charlotte, NC
BB was abusing his powers to make your thread disappear. :sarcasm:

Anyone heard of this Syvret guy?

Offensive d-man. High profile out of London. As I said earlier, believe he played on a pairing with Girardi in his last season there.

Has never really broken into the NHL. Not big and not skilled enough for that kind of duty.

I seem to remember his numbers kinda exploded in the O as an overager, but never lived up to the hype.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
I'll be honest...as inconsequential as this move is wrt to the Rangers themselves...I don't like it. Hartford needed another vet forward or two, not to trade a top-6 C.

Right? I'm not 100% in tune with the Hartford situation.

I think Newbury and a whole bunch of players in this org, to be honest, is somewhat Torts sloppy seconds...

...you want your minor team to be some a mirror of your NHL team. Having "the" expensive vet on your farm team to have little speed and skill don't really make that much sense. AV is going to want players who just don't always put the puck below the hash marks before they go after it, he'll wan players that will make plays with the puck when they got time etc.

That is not Newbury.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
Makes sense given St. Croix and Nicholls will join Haley and Yogan in Hartford at the centre position (and Miller, although the NYR may want him playing in NYC or on the wing in Hartford.)

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
BB was abusing his powers to make your thread disappear. :sarcasm:

Anyone heard of this Syvret guy?

He'll think I have forgot, and then one day when he least expects it Michael Moore will come knocking on his doors. Abuse of powers isn't seen lightly.

Miller Time NYR

Oct 5, 2010
Long Beach
seams like their trimming off the fat from the old regime, move out a guy thats slow and nothing but a bottom 6 grinder that can absorb punches to make room for a younger guy with a future to play in ct.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Makes sense given St. Croix and Nicholls will join Haley and Yogan in Hartford at the centre position (and Miller, although the NYR may want him playing in NYC or on the wing in Hartford.)

Good chance Lindberg starts there too

iamitter

Thornton's Hen
May 19, 2011
NYC
We have a glut of prospect forwards coming in and were thin on dmen. Not too surprising.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad