Confirmed with Link: [PHI/MTL] Montreal acquires Dale Weise and Christian Folin for David Schlemko and Byron Froese

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I don't think Emelin was that bad, certainly not atrocious but Reilly is too bland for me. It would be different if he were putting up points, in 19 games last year he had 8 pts, in 49 games this year he has 9. I liked his game when he was taking more chances, producing some offense. Granted the Habs clearly didn't care for that but if he's not producing much, not sure he will stick in the NHL as he's not physical or very solid in his own end although I should watch more games to really say.
Emelin was fine on the second and third pair. Therrien playing him on first pair with Weber was absolutely ridiculous. Julien changed it the day he got to Montreal.

But then again Therrien called and played DD a number one center. :biglaugh: That still cracks me up.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCraig71

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
when your heart is in one spot , and you never wanted to leave...you see his twitter yesterday? it absolute blew up with fans well wishing him..just not 1 or 2 or 50 or 100 either..(his "Finally back home" tweet has been liked over 7600 times)lol....He had the fame in Mtl..in Philly(wasnt the same vibe as Mtl) he was just another avg Joe....major let down...and he even admitted he lost his fire in Philly. Dale born a Habs fan...he'll retire here this time i believe...he'll go out a Hab
awwww. Aint that special.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
You mean like Agostino and Hudon with Julien ?
Yes.

Habs last two coaches (as well as their current GM) are well known for playing guys in the top six that most teams would cut from their bottom six. Or put on waivers.

How long ago was Weiss put on waivers? A month?

I like the effort Weiss gave when he was in Montreal. He never got that chance or ice time anywhere else. So of course he liked it here more than Vancouver, Chicago or Philly where they didnt care to use him.

Last edited:

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
awwww. Aint that special.

lol...if ya sit back and look at it pretty crazy eh? :)
A so called 4th liner comes from Vancouver nobody knows his name....and he manages to become a underdog hero of the city..how the final chapter of this story ends we don't know..does he score the Stanley cup winner before he retires? ..i dunno....but i cant think of any "so called" 4th line guys in recent Habs history and there's been a ton to garner the attention Weise has....7600 likes so far for a return ...would Habs signing Tavares get 7600 likes? i doubt it ...would habs bring back Pacman67 get 7600 likes? i doubt it..

I dunno ,with Weise we took a 16 game playoff run and a 12 game playoff run....if he didn't get injured that year in the playoffs hard to say what would have happened..(as we seen with Washington,the secondary guys like Eller /Smith Pelly play major roles in playoffs)..so here we are again...steaming for the playoffs..and Weise on the boat...

Reactions: Runner77

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
lol...if ya sit back and look at it pretty crazy eh? :)
A so called 4th liner comes from Vancouver nobody knows his name....and he manages to become a underdog hero of the city..how the final chapter of this story ends we don't know..does he score the Stanley cup winner before he retires? ..i dunno....but i cant think of any "so called" 4th line guys in recent Habs history and there's been a ton to garner the attention Weise has....7600 likes so far for a return ...would Habs signing Tavares get 7600 likes? i doubt it ...would habs bring back Pacman67 get 7600 likes? i doubt it..

I dunno ,with Weise we took a 16 game playoff run and a 12 game playoff run....if he didn't get injured that year in the playoffs hard to say what would have happened....so here we are again...steaming for the playoffs..and Weise on the boat...
We counting likes now when scouting a player ? ;)

Good guy. Bad player.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I like Weise and if this means no more chaput, agostino, deslauriers etc, fine by me. Id still rather give some reps to hudon instead even though i love weise as a person.
I would rather have Wiess thatn Chapooo as well.

Wiess or Corson. :sarcasm: Either one.

Big Lurk

Aug 2, 2013
Emelin was fine on the second and third pair. Therrien playing him on forst pair with Weber was absolutely ridiculous. Julien changed it the day he got to Montreal.

But then again Therrien called and played DD a number one center. :biglaugh: That still cracks me up.

Yet, Emelin was the only dman that could handle 1st pairing duties at that point in time

Therrien was not crazy. Markie B was

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Çapue and Langoustine will form a fine American league first line.

They definitely would. Agostino was Laval's top scorer when he was recalled. And Chaput, after a slow start, began to heat up just as they called him up to Montreal.

Both would be very welcome additions to the Rocket.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Crazy how he went from a career year and 46 point pace to barely NHL calibre on other teams. A classic case of a player only being good with one franchise.

If that's what it takes to make Weise useful, then so be it. He's a player who fuels on emotion and there is plenty of it from nostalgic fans who remember his playoff contributions as a Hab. As long as he stays on the 4th line and Julien is able to have him stick to a simple game plan, he'll be better than whatever we've had until now. Although someone can easily argue that whatever we've had until now, is not exactly difficult to beat.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Yet, Emelin was the only dman that could handle 1st pairing duties at that point in time

Therrien was not crazy. Markie B was
They had a guy named Markov. I think he "could handle first line duties". Julien put him with Weber soon as he got behind the bench.

Emelin was bottom pair and healthy scratched for a game within a month.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
when your heart is in one spot , and you never wanted to leave...you see his twitter yesterday? it absolute blew up with fans well wishing him..just not 1 or 2 or 50 or 100 either..(his "Finally back home" tweet has been liked over 7600 times)lol....He had the fame in Mtl..in Philly(wasnt the same vibe as Mtl) he was just another avg Joe....major let down...and he even admitted he lost his fire in Philly. Dale born a Habs fan...he'll retire here this time i believe...he'll go out a Hab

He was put on waivers and cleared, if the Arizona Coyotes traded for him he is probably just as happy, he has two years left on his contract and that is a long time to spend riding busses in the minors. I just wonder how he fell so quickly, I am not suggesting that he was a star here but a good soldier for sure and it is puzzling how he could fall like he has. I am sure he loved being here but he will also need to bring it when he gets his shot to be with the habs. I am looking forward to seeing if he can still play because we are not getting much from our 4th line as it stands. I would have waived all of them tbh.

Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He was put on waivers and cleared, if the Arizona Coyotes traded for him he is probably just as happy, he has two years left on his contract and that is a long time to spend riding busses in the minors. I just wonder how he fell so quickly, I am not suggesting that he was a star here but a good soldier for sure and it is puzzling how he could fall like he has. I am sure he loved being here but he will also need to bring it when he gets his shot to be with the habs. I am looking forward to seeing if he can still play because we are not getting much from our 4th line as it stands. I would have waived all of them tbh.

Given what Weise cost, why not. It's not as if we were going to get anything for Schlemko and Froese anyway. Bergevin is taking a chance that Weise will be recharged by the idea of coming back to a place where he had a good run.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
It's bargain binning at its finest.

I look at it as "hey, he managed not to trade any of our picks." Sometimes, what doesn't happen is a great thing. :D

I've read a ton about Dale Weise on the Philly forum and they sounded exasperated. He was the plague to them and couldn't stand how he just seemed to wander about aimlessly and produce nothing. I hope this is not the Weise we're getting.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Event closes
    • Updated: