Confirmed with Link: [PHI/MTL] Montreal acquires Dale Weise and Christian Folin for David Schlemko and Byron Froese

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
What a difference a few months make.

This thread would of been full of Bargin Bin special again and memes and gifs.

Very odd reading so much positive responses.
Funny how making a couple good moves gives people confidence in a GM. Almost like he wasnt just blindly bashed.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Was there a hockey trade made at all here?

Weise straight to Laval.. Folin to follow shortly. :laugh:

Weise was already assigned to the AHL, he was waived by the Flyers in late January (So that's basically a trade between the Rocket and the Phantoms).
Folin was with the Flyers so he need to report to the Habs, you can expect him to stick around until the TDL at least.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
im realy ok about this move. This give good reputation to our club or at least to the gm. Giving up 250K for next year by giving another chance to someone who gave us success and a good return in the past in a trade is realy fair. Weise being good would be a bonus

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Weise was already assigned to the AHL, he was waived by the Flyers in late January (So that's basically a trade between the Rocket and the Phantoms).
Folin was with the Flyers so he need to report to the Habs, you can expect him to stick around until the TDL at least.
At 15:33 average ice time per game I don't expect him to stick, no. Maybe they'll keep him on the extended roster in the stands just in case.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
At 15:33 average ice time per game I don't expect him to stick, no. Maybe they'll keep him on the extended roster in the stands just in case.

Well that's the definition of sticking around.
Alzner was placed on the waivers again, so he's taking that spot.

Reactions: vokiel

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
This is awesome

Odds are against Weise even cracking our lineup let alone doing well - but definitely a gamble worth taking

Very fond memories of him last time. Hopefully he can find his game back and help us out.

Heffyhoof

So happy to be glad to be pleased to meet you.
Jan 17, 2016
Funny how making a couple good moves gives people confidence in a GM. Almost like he wasnt just blindly bashed.
Almost like he was blindly bashed and those same people have just jumped a bandwagon again lmao.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I'd rather have Weise than Schlemko. I'd also rather play Folin over Alzner, so an upgrade on our 7th D.

A move will have to come if we want to add that 7th D to the roster for our upcoming road trip.

Also need a 4th line center.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I do like the fact that the team can "store" Weise in the minors until the playoffs come around, it's a good advantage to have, avoids us moving our depth players for nothing or force us to do moves like DLR and Scherbak.

Call me crazy but I'd be curious to see Weise in the top six (if we end up staying put), I'd rather see him there than Shaw for example.

Tatar - Danault - Gallagher
Drouin - Domi - Weise
Lehkonen - Kotkaniemi - Armia
Byron - Shaw - DLo

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
I do like the fact that the team can "store" Weise in the minors until the playoffs come around, it's a good advantage to have, avoids us moving our depth players for nothing or force us to do moves like DLR and Scherbak.

Call me crazy but I'd be curious to see Weise in the top six (if we end up staying put), I'd rather see him there than Shaw for example.

Drouin - Domi - Weise
Byron - Shaw - DLo

ahahahha , Weise was awful with the flyers no way he plays top6 over byron

Reactions: PaulD and jaffy27

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006

Drouin - Domi - Weise
Byron - Shaw - DLo
Shaw is much better than Weise. If Weise plays anywhere other than the 4th line then we’re screwed

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
You perfectly summed up my thoughts as well. A good trade all around.

I'm really interested to see if Weise still has the same wheels he had when he was with us last time. If so he's going to fit in with this team perfectly....albeit on the 4th line
I remember he started with Bournival and suddendly we had a fast 4th line that was hard to play against. They did score some goals, not a lot but they made difference in the game at the time. Weise got promoted on higher trios and did well too. He was used as a depanneur on trios here and here, got to the press galery and got traded for Danault. If Weise and Danault are united on the same trio, it will be like when a snake bites his own tail.

Reactions: habergeon

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I have to admit I'm happy MBs annual acquisition of garbage didn't include picks. Hopefully it stays that way.

Like when he got Petry, or Vanek, or Danault and a 2nd for Weise and Fleischmann, or a 4th for Joe "Moron" Morrow, or Reilly for a 5th.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I have to admit I'm happy MBs annual acquisition of garbage didn't include picks. Hopefully it stays that way.

I wouldn't mind if they moved some of the later picks since we had so many picks last draft and now have 4 4th round picks in '19 and '20 (ours/flames, ours/jets in '20) and 2 5th (hawks/oilers) that hawks pick is like a late 4th.

Not that I mind having those extra mid picks but wouldn't be much an issue if he traded one or two or replaced them with the next year. Just don't want too many rookies incoming at the same time, although of course they can space it out between CHLers and NCAA/Euros.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
come on now...
Reilly's an up and down player, but better than Beaulieu, Emelin, and a host of characters we've had on the left side.

I don't know if he'll pan out, tighten up his game. But it was a good stop gap addition for now. Without him we'd have Ouellet, Schlemko, or Alzner in there every night.

Reactions: Uncle Gary

Jul 6, 2016
I'm hoping Derrick Brassard's value is so low that we can get him at the deadline without giving up a 2nd. Probably won't be the case though.

I'm hoping for Glendening, a real bottom line RH centerman good at faceoffs too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad