Confirmed Signing with Link: [PHI] F Owen Tippett signs extension with the Flyers (8 years, $6.2M AAV)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
A narrative I never understood. Sure he's tough, but the guy always knew the game and typically got the most out of players.
That's why Noah Cates has 5 points this season. Cause Torts is soooo great with young players. :laugh:

I'm sure that that nothing to do with a certain goalie who was carrying the team far beyond their expected standing not being able to control himself and being on leave as a result.
Ersson has been the much better goalie for the Flyers since Halloween.

Reactions: Rich Nixon

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
I'm sure that that nothing to do with a certain goalie who was carrying the team far beyond their expected standing not being able to control himself and being on leave as a result.

The flyers were largely being carried by their low goals against, and it's not their d which is great.

Someone else already got to you on this but you're very unfamiliar with the Flyers this season if you think Hart carried them to their current standing. He wasn't even the best goalie on the team this season and countless other factors have contributed to their success.

And while their defensive group isn't impressive on paper, their team defense is very good.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
Worst case it's a pretty fair value contract, best case he outperforms it and produces like an $8m forward

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
I don't know how anyone can call this a steal. Tippett could absolutely regress next year. Based upon more recent trends, it is a fair deal. He has 119 career points and will be 25 next month.

Reactions: Strawberry Fields

C0DITH

Apr 30, 2017
Someone else already got to you on this but you're very unfamiliar with the Flyers this season if you think Hart carried them to their current standing. He wasn't even the best goalie on the team this season and countless other factors have contributed to their success.

And while their defensive group isn't impressive on paper, their team defense is very good.
This

ello

Jun 12, 2018
Little bit of a risk considering he's only played at a high level for about a year and a half, but a risk worth taking since he's already shown that last year was not an anomaly.

Random Forest

May 12, 2010
I have not followed him closely. He was in bust territory in Florida. it changed for him in Philadelphia. I am curious…hoe much of that is linemstes/ usage vs him putting things together?
It’s not linemates. His speed is creating tons of opportunities. Confidence is going a long way for him too.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I honestly think this contract is going to age like fine wine. Every time I watched this kid this year he’s look like a stud. Has the size, speed, shot to be a force.

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018

The flyers were largely being carried by their low goals against, and it's not their d which is great.
The goalie you're alluding to wasn't even the better goalie on the team...

I don't think it's a good idea to be rewarding guys with huge contracts after one decent season. Sets the precedent for a team and now every player who breaks out will want the same.
Right, that jack hughes deal was terrible.

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
People saying this is a lot of money obviously don’t know how to forecast.

I would have predicted $6.5M AAV. He’s only going to be 26 when this contract kicks in, so it’s his 26 through 33 year old contract. This guy has been a steal @ $1.5M for the past couple of years.

Solid deal.

cheesymc

Feb 28, 2002
Irvine
Visit site
Pretty good deal for the Flyers who are currently trying to get something positive during their losing streak. Tippett has really turned things around and the Flyers got a terrific return for a Giroux rental.

3ladesof5teel

Feb 20, 2012
I remember they wanted to get rid of him for basically nothing years ago......would have loved to nab him up then. Perfect example of why patience should be used with some of these younger talented players in the HF universe.

Good for Tippett, I like his game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad